Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 76041 times)

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2017, 11:15:01 am »

Could someone PLEASE tally everything that came up thus far? -.- I would but then BOARD EXAMS AND ANXIETY :I
And seriously. Activity guys.

Interesting ability you've got, kingawsume.

You've never said anything towards the discussion prior, or to other people--merely to how people are in a theme of 'leading you up'. You haven't also mentioned much towards other players when opportunity for discussion presented itself. Could I ask who you targeted last night?
Soory about not posting, as I have benn enjpying my weekend, insofar. I didn't target anyone last night; I couldn't, as my ability relied on someone being dead.
That doesn't say anything. Because I'm reading YOUR ABILITY and it doesn't show that requirement. Anywhere.
If you read the EWAP, you would have known my ability that I had N1 was swapped.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2017, 11:45:57 am »

I'm going to put myself up for replacement. I'll be able to play for a few days, but after that I'll have major life events getting in the way. And that will give NQT some time to find someone.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2017, 12:53:03 pm »

This doesn't seem all that different from a regular mafia game to me. Sure there are all sorts of roles and some shenanigans are probably going to ensue from that but I think regular scumhunting methods and scumtells should suffice.
A while ago you said this, Juicebox. I'm a little confused: does "putting pressure on more than one player" count as "regular scumhunting methods"? Because you seem to be focusing on Max and the Shenanigans.

Also:

Maximum Spin honestly I'm starting to agree with Shakerag now. We need you out of the way so we can actually scumhunt.

@shakerag I intended to vote, however I fell asleep and didn't wake up until after the round was over
Applying this logic to Max is certainly tempting (I admit I have a bit), but this is a very noncommital way of lynching someone, eh? You don't even have to say why you thought they were scum. Especially with the "This is Shakes' idea" bit. And how it gets you off scumhunting until we lynch Max...
One wheel short of a wagon

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2017, 02:02:18 pm »

Can i be used as a replacement? Thanks.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2017, 02:06:03 pm »

Totally unrelated to the game, but that's hilarious because I just gave up amphetamines last month.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2017, 02:52:33 pm »

Can i be used as a replacement? Thanks.

MoonyTheHuman has replaced TheDarkStar

(I'll PM you all the details.)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2
« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2017, 04:49:09 pm »

Well that was fast. Good luck MoonyTheHuman.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2017, 05:22:14 pm »

Welcome Moony, and fare thee well TDS!

(So far, this is the only swap in this game that I can say I fully understand!)

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2017, 08:53:49 pm »

Welcome Moony, and fare thee well TDS!

(So far, this is the only swap in this game that I can say I fully understand!)
And an amen to that!
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2017, 09:03:15 pm »

Starver: as far as I know, if your entire role name was changed, that's because of the role-morph passive that's floating around. Recently kidnapped by whomever last had the swap action. Er, well, there must be a minimum of two other swap actions because people-with-the-role-morph-passive have been targetted by swappers at least twice - once by me and once by the one who took it from me. But I definitely have one of the swaps and it's currently defunct because I used my day action (by swapping earlier). Anyway, that passive changes the role of the randomly chosen player in its entirety, not piecemeal, and doesn't remove the copied target's role or give anyone else your previous role - the previous role is just lost forever, I assume. In fact, since it's randomly chosen and non-targetted, nobody can vouch for your role morphing in any way.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2017, 08:11:40 am »

If I haven't mentioned it already, my entire role was changed to something else, not just my ability, my entire role, day 1. May be relevant.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2017, 11:02:20 am »

Maybe. Chances are someone has a role changing ability.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2017, 12:09:55 pm »

Yep, that sounds like the morph passive at work. You targeted someone for something, I assume? That person had the passive.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2017, 12:53:40 pm »

This doesn't seem all that different from a regular mafia game to me. Sure there are all sorts of roles and some shenanigans are probably going to ensue from that but I think regular scumhunting methods and scumtells should suffice.
A while ago you said this, Juicebox. I'm a little confused: does "putting pressure on more than one player" count as "regular scumhunting methods"? Because you seem to be focusing on Max and the Shenanigans.

Is there a problem with focusing on just one person? Especially one involved with so many shenenigans?

Also:

Maximum Spin honestly I'm starting to agree with Shakerag now. We need you out of the way so we can actually scumhunt.

@shakerag I intended to vote, however I fell asleep and didn't wake up until after the round was over
Applying this logic to Max is certainly tempting (I admit I have a bit), but this is a very noncommital way of lynching someone, eh? You don't even have to say why you thought they were scum. Especially with the "This is Shakes' idea" bit. And how it gets you off scumhunting until we lynch Max...

My reasoning for voting Max at that time wasn't that he seemed particularly scummy, it's that he was drawing a lot of attention to himself and not playing in a way that helped town. However the fact that he's lied several times over seems quite scummy to me, so I feel justified in leaving my vote on him

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2017, 12:59:30 pm »

Wait, I lied several times over? When?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38