Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to Ǫ̸̛ff͟i͢c҉̀ę̕: Paperwork in Five Dimensions  (Read 8226 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Roll to Ǫ̸̛ff͟i͢c҉̀ę̕: Paperwork in Five Dimensions
« on: November 03, 2017, 05:55:25 pm »

You work for the Establishment for Maintenance of the Bulwark of Reality, which can thankfully be abbreviated to EMBR. In theory, this involves safeguarding the mortal world from cosmic horrors and other extradimensional threats. In actuality, it involves a nine-to-five desk job, visa confirmation, and far too much immigration paperwork. Enlightening as it may be to realize that Dread Cthulhu is still waiting on his green card, you really wish you'd gone into a sane and rational field instead. Sewage management seems pretty appealing.

This situation is not improved by your boss' decision to tesseract seventy square meters of new paperwork onto your desk. In fact, you really feel like heading to the break room and having a nice, stiff drink.

Spoiler: What. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Ǫ̸̛ff͟i͢c҉̀ę̕: Paperwork in Five Dimensions
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 06:08:13 pm »

Name: Ruairi Iudir
Appearance: Yeah, she's pretty much an average human. Just imagine any normal human appearance and superposition that over her character. Yep. Good job.
Position: Human Resources
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 06:46:10 pm »

Name: Jebbediah Loean
Appearance: Imagine the most generic person there is...like i dunno something like this guy https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/344513261574659983/f58ea74d16ca75ae8504c5770fbc5c44_400x400.jpeg
Position: I.T. Support For Cosmic Horrors
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 07:01:32 pm »

Name: Dave. Yep, that's it.
Appearance: a human shaped void in space. Despite this fact, he would act like any other human would, and some think it's just some magic to fool people and horrors alike into being intimidated.
Position:Security guard in the paperwork reception area. Sometimes they throw tempers, after all.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 07:58:16 pm »

Name: Aaron Duane Augustin-Murphy
Appearance: Lean, medium height, dark hair, green eyes, race unclear. To all outward appearances humanoid under normal conditions. What about unusual circumstances? We'll have to see.
Position: Analyst

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 03:09:14 am »

Name: Karlman
Appearance: A normal human in a horse costume. He occupies the front. As the back is empty it can't walk on all fours. Yet.
Position: Taking out the trash.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 04:10:27 am »

Name: Ide Alley Sum'at Pronounceable
Appearance: portly, balding, scaly red gentleman with a bowler cap and monacle, bulbous nose surrounded by whiskers, and a double tail.
Position: Viscera cleanup detail.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 01:38:44 pm »

Name: Ruairi Iudir
Appearance: Yeah, she's pretty much an average human. Just imagine any normal human appearance and superposition that over her character. Yep. Good job.
Position: Human Resources

You're currently stationed in EMBR’s, ah, human resources department. You’re not sure why everybody calls it that, given that most workers are definitely inhuman, but you figure it’s probably in your best interests to play along. The corporate Overlords can get pretty touchy.

Right now, it looks like Niz’thur the Devourer is the “human” resource that needs managing. He rushes up to your desk, steam pouring from his many mouths, and demands to file a complaint.

Name: Jebbediah Loean
Appearance: Imagine the most generic person there is...like i dunno something like this guy https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/344513261574659983/f58ea74d16ca75ae8504c5770fbc5c44_400x400.jpeg
Position: I.T. Support For Cosmic Horrors

You're trying to fix a problem with the Banishment Department's eldernet router when your laptop is bombarded with several million emails from "shub-niggurath156@gmail.com." He's probably only impersonating that particular elder god, but your inbox is overflowing and his messages translate themselves into unholy runes when you try to block them with a spam filter.

Name: Dave. Yep, that's it.
Appearance: a human shaped void in space. Despite this fact, he would act like any other human would, and some think it's just some magic to fool people and horrors alike into being intimidated.
Position:Security guard in the paperwork reception area. Sometimes they throw tempers, after all.

EMBR uses shoggoths to fill most of their security positions, but it turns out that a living hole in reality was a scary enough prospect to net you a job. You're a little worried about what you've gotten yourself into, but you guess that the security team can use the relative intelligence you bring to the table.

You're doing your shift outside the latest incarnation of the Paperwork Reception Room when a literal tide of documents pours out, followed by some sort of gaseous entity. The shoggoth next to you (Bob, according to his nametag) begins twitching in confusion.

Name: Aaron Duane Augustin-Murphy
Appearance: Lean, medium height, dark hair, green eyes, race unclear. To all outward appearances humanoid under normal conditions. What about unusual circumstances? We'll have to see.
Position: Analyst

As an analyst, you are in the unfortunate position of receiving your share of the paperwork influx. Business reports, customer surveys, and accounting ledgers thicker than your head appear several feet above the surface of your desk. They disperse as they fall, covering every flat surface of your office in stray papers.

Name: Karlman
Appearance: A normal human in a horse costume. He occupies the front. As the back is empty it can't walk on all fours. Yet.
Position: Taking out the trash.

You’re making your usual rounds, collecting trash from the north-southerly wing of the building. The current load contains several tons of crumpled paper, which is a definite problem, but only a single liter of blood, which is both relieving and somewhat concerning. Either the cleanup guy is a couple hours late or some workers are going to be very hungry.

Name: Ide Alley Sum'at Pronounceable
Appearance: portly, balding, scaly red gentleman with a bowler cap and monacle, bulbous nose surrounded by whiskers, and a double tail.
Position: Viscera cleanup detail.

You’re just starting to vacuum up the mess created by the archons’ lunch break. Judging from the rough distribution of blood and severed limbs, it looks like today’s menu consisted of several pigs, live velociraptors, and one particularly unlucky intern. Maybe he didn’t bring their coffee fast enough?

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 02:06:41 pm »

How unprofessional. Find the cleanup guy and demand an explanation. After taking out all the trash of course. And bringing the blood to the workers. Seriously, the nerve of that guy.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:11:12 pm by Secheral »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 02:25:37 pm »

"Is the black pharaoh at it again? Stay put Bob, and give a screech if someone starts causing trouble."
Check to see if Eshe needs some help dealing with nyarlathotep again. He frequents often due to his innumerable incarnations, and is one of the few capable of generating this much paperwork, Not to mention the love-hate relationship after she beat the metaphorical socks off them and got hired as one of the forward facing accountants.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:31:27 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 02:45:34 pm »

Look into one of the emails that arent translated into unholy runes to figure out why the fuck does he keep spamming me
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 02:54:54 pm »

Name: Soh
Appearance: A giant, floating smiley face. It can somehow manipulate objects just like a creature with hands could and pass through doorways.
Position: Therapist
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 02:55:27 pm »

Be as nice as possible, but make the procedure as unnecessarily complicated as possible; if it's nigh impossible to submit complaints, then I should never have to worry about complaints being submitted!

And if he wants to complain about that, who will he complain to? Muahahaha...
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 03:12:16 pm »

Name: Joe
Appearance: Tall, Blond, covered in scars from defending his position over the years, slightly substandard number of fingers... wears a pair of blue overalls and black shoes.
Position: Coffee and other fluids guy
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 04:03:48 pm »

Save the juicy bits for bribes! Bribes for better equipment: bigger mops, sturdier buckets (with wheels!), better protective gear, genetic and metaphysical upgrades. The usual.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6