Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.6 | DF 50.13  (Read 404324 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Really Maintained Branch) v.39.0 | DF 44.02
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2017, 05:19:42 am »

Search his name in DT logs. Look for a line like that:
Code: [Select]
INFO core "IGNORING Dwarf name:Ubbul Oshurdomas id:7000 reason:visitor flags:310378608" [/home/clement/projects/Dwarf-Therapist/src/dwarf.cpp:382] (set_validation)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2017, 07:24:21 am »

@maltelau I could not reproduce it on fedora, I'll try with ubuntu in a vm. I may need more information:
  • Is DF using the system libstdc++.so or its own, dfhack launcher delete the one included with DF I think, use "grep -F libstdc++.so /proc/$(pidof Dwarf_Fortress)/maps" while DF is running to be sure.
  • What is the state of the game when you are editing nicknames (paused/unpaused/in a menu/...)? I did get DT to crash when editing nickname with a unpaused game, but not the other way.

@BaronVonClop It crashed because of an unknown profession. I fixed the crash but I still need to add the new professions.

Speaking of professions, a lot of profession icons are missing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2017, 09:17:53 am »

I understand better with a tri-state value.

Ignoring the indeterminate adventurer case, we can cover everything with:

S O
- - Asexual
- I Heterosexual no commitment
- C Heterosexual with commitment with deeper colors ( )
I - Homosexual no commitment
I I Bisexual no commitment
I C Bisexual with commitment with other sex other sex half with deeper colors (or with your colors)
C - Homosexual with commitment with deeper colors ( )
C I Bisexual with commitment with same sex same sex half with deeper colors (or with your colors)
C C Bisexual with commitment  with deeper colors ( or with your colors)

S: Same sex
O: Other sex
I: Interest
C: Commitment

For animals, Interest and Commitment should be considered equivalent. Only the current icons are used.

Is that all good?

How about no background for "no commitment", and a background color for "with commitment"? Do any of these look ok to you?

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2017, 10:34:44 am »

That's a clever way to go about it (I didn't realize you could play with the background, but would probably not have thought of it if I did)!

I find the 2:nd of each group to be the clearest one. That would cover the hetero and homo cases, but the messy bi ones still remain.
However, bi no commitment, bi hetero commitment, and bi homo commitment would nicely fall into the same scheme, leaving the bi commitment case as the remaining trouble maker.
I'd try an orange or yellow background for the bi commit. Unfortunately I find it hard to find common ground with Fleeting Frames' work with Dwarf Manipulator given the differing constraints. If it's any consolation, my original thought about deeper color for commitment was "more saturated = more of it", as opposed to Fleeting Frames' "lighter = burning brighter".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2017, 10:58:55 am »

Download icon pack

(icons are all 16x16px)

Hope they help. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2017, 12:46:24 pm »

Nice icons. Could you use this shape as background for consistency with other professions? And maybe the background color should match the in-game color.

For sexual orientation, background could be used for target sex (with split background for bixsexual), and the symbol color for own sex?

The symbols are not visible enough. The color palette needs improvement (less saturated and darker for commited backgrounds?).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2017, 01:11:00 pm »

Sure, although I did get the shape from prof_99. It's already used somewhere...

No idea about the colors though. The wiki only has this page: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Unit_type_token and I don't know which professions use which colors. Can't check ingame either, because I can't just embark with dancers and bards and mathematicians, these professions have no skill I could select on embark.

maltelau

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2017, 02:24:01 pm »

@maltelau I could not reproduce it on fedora, I'll try with ubuntu in a vm. I may need more information:
  • Is DF using the system libstdc++.so or its own, dfhack launcher delete the one included with DF I think, use "grep -F libstdc++.so /proc/$(pidof Dwarf_Fortress)/maps" while DF is running to be sure.
  • What is the state of the game when you are editing nicknames (paused/unpaused/in a menu/...)? I did get DT to crash when editing nickname with a unpaused game, but not the other way.

While paused and unpaused. Just tried again, still happens after running the fort a few years.

Code: [Select]
maltelau@maltelau-X556UQK:~$ grep -F libstdc++.so /proc/$(pidof Dwarf_Fortress)/maps
7ffff6661000-7ffff67d9000 r-xp 00000000 fd:01 20055940                   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6.0.24
7ffff67d9000-7ffff69d8000 ---p 00178000 fd:01 20055940                   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6.0.24
7ffff69d8000-7ffff69e2000 r--p 00177000 fd:01 20055940                   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6.0.24
7ffff69e2000-7ffff69e4000 rw-p 00181000 fd:01 20055940                   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6.0.24

Oh and just in case you didn't see the pm: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13304

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2017, 03:23:47 pm »

The split background improves things even further, and removes the need for wonky colors. I agree there is room for improvement in the "legibility" department, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2017, 05:58:13 am »

Turns out that most of your missing professions don't actually exist ingame. They are only skills, which doesn't necessarily mean that they have an associated profession or labor.

The bookbinder and papermaker are fine, but for example all the soft skills like dancer, bard, geographer etc. show as "peasant" both ingame and in the DT.

I guess the missing profession sprites will never actually show up anywhere, except if you make it show the highest skill instead.

I redid them anyway with the other background you wanted, and made the papermaker and bookbinder blue, like they are ingame. The others don't have an ingame color as far as I'm aware (since they are skills, not professions).

I made the mercenary, snatcher, scout and monster hunter red, the soft skills purple (since these guys are as useless as nobles) and the scholars brown.

File is here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13307

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2017, 07:02:33 am »

Not all professions depends on highest skills. Administration and military professions need an assignment. Tavern Keeper and Performers can be created by assigning dwarves to a tavern, scholar and scribe by assigning to a library. I guess you can get the specialized performer/scholar professions with an assignment + high skill (think recruit vs. <weapon>dwarf vs. master <weapon>dwarf). BaronVonClop problematic petitioner was a Criminal IIRC. And Taom reported a missing Prophet.

Some profession don't need as much care as others. I have only seen Beast hunter as visitors and I don't know if you can get a Snatcher as citizen in the vanilla game. I did not actually expect all of them to be done at once, so thanks for your very fast work.

For a color list, you can check DFHack's df-structures (+ color code reference if you don't already know them), but it does not have the details for the new professions yet. And I don't mind using different colors for performers/scholars, using strictly in-game colors could use too much magenta.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2017, 07:04:31 am »

Ah, thanks for the detailed answer. I stand corrected.

Let me know if the second version of the icons I uploaded is fine for you. :)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2017, 05:25:44 am »

@maltelau I saw your log, but there is no error until DF crashes. I tried with Ubuntu 17.10 in a vm and could not reproduce the bug. You could still try this patch, it is a random attempt, but it might help (or make the crash less frequent, it is hard to say with random bugs).

Epigene

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Immaculate Deception
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2017, 06:05:42 am »

Hi!

I am having trouble with labour list headers - they show up garbled.

I am running on Windows7 64bit DF v0.44.02 and Dwarf-Therapist-39.0.0-win64
My screen resolution is 2560x1440.

I have tried, without success:
1) changing screen resolution,
2) changing fonts used by DT
3) changing cell padding and size
4) chaging header options like gradient shading and text direction

I have also opened an issue in the github repo. https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/issues/37
It wasn't me, I was dead at the time.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2017, 08:49:17 am »

I made a mistake with profession icon names: I was off by one. I renamed every thing but I am missing Monster Slayer (prof_107.png) (issue was updated.

I checked in game and criminals are gray (dark gray? I am never sure). But you don't have to update now, it may be better to wait to know more about the new professions before remaking them.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 87