Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.6 | DF 50.13  (Read 404390 times)

jobywalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Really Maintained Branch) v.39.1 | DF 44.02
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2017, 09:13:28 pm »

I'm also kind of curious what it looks like on a Retina Display.

Looks fine on a 15" Retina MBP. There is a bit of graininess to the font at 1280x800, but not sure who would zoom in that much.  The only "issue" I've seen after a cursory look is when scrolling horizontally (such as on the Labors Full view), the column headers can scroll at a different speed than the data rows.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2017, 02:26:01 am »

Looks fine on a 15" Retina MBP. There is a bit of graininess to the font at 1280x800, but not sure who would zoom in that much.  The only "issue" I've seen after a cursory look is when scrolling horizontally (such as on the Labors Full view), the column headers can scroll at a different speed than the data rows.

Thanks for testing and the screenshots. I'm not getting the scrolling issue in non-Retina Yosemite. Do the column headers and data rows re-synchronize when you stop scrolling?

jobywalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2017, 03:09:12 am »

The only "issue" I've seen after a cursory look is when scrolling horizontally (such as on the Labors Full view), the column headers can scroll at a different speed than the data rows.

Thanks for testing and the screenshots. I'm not getting the scrolling issue in non-Retina Yosemite. Do the column headers and data rows re-synchronize when you stop scrolling?

Yes, they do sync back up so at rest all the columns line up appropriately. To be clear the difference isn't huge -- just enough to be noticeable while scrolling. After a bit more experimentation, this difference is also only expressed when the mouse cursor is over the column headers or the blank area under the data rows. If I try horizontal scrolling with the cursor over the data rows, they scroll in sync.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2017, 05:05:15 am »

Qt supports high dpi since Qt 5.6 and I built with Qt 5.5. I don't know why homebrew chose to keep 5.5 and 5.7 instead of the LTS versions (5.6 and 5.9). Maybe Qt 5.7 would work since I had to rise the minimum version because of C++11.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2017, 01:02:29 pm »

Qt 5.7 might be nice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tried drawing some higher-rez versions of the icons.

unknown zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2017, 03:01:20 pm »

It seems like something happened to the QT themes with the 39.1 release. On windows 10 the theme has reverted to some kind of strange Windows 95 look, and I'm really not trying to be picky, but it feels a lot busier and is not as easy to visually parse (for me at least).

I took screen shots of one of the option window pages just as an example.

Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2017, 03:53:20 pm »

(So, basically without the 3d effect.  ;)  Don't get me wrong, I do very much like the slightly cleaner look of 10, regardless of being utterly identical in every functional way, but one does sort of expect something more annoyingly up-to-date after two decades, or more if you look back to preWin95 Windowses and ignore the times Macs/etc have previously looked like this. Though you'll appreciate that I do quite dislike a lot of the intermediate fancying-ups that have cropped up along the way, just for the sake of "looking new", only to age quicker than the things they tried to break away from.  The same applies to sports clothing, but that's a grumble for a different forum. :P )

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2017, 05:00:24 pm »

I can confirm the Windows 10 issue. Although it worked fine when I tested it on Windows 7. Until I decide to try a new build (or wait for msys to fix it), you can try replacing the Qt dlls and the platform folder with ones from the previous version, it seems to work (with a very quick test).

unknown zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2017, 05:05:31 pm »

Got it, thank you for the work-around.
Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2017, 11:08:51 am »

I made a not-really-a-new-release: 39.1.1. No source code change, only the builds changed:
  • fixed manual location in Linux AppImage
  • use Qt 5.7 for OS X build
  • Windows builds using MSVC 2015 and Qt 5.9.3

Hopefully, the OS X version will work better on retina display.

I checked the win64 build and the style works fine on Windows 10. The Visual C++ Runtime installer (vcredist_*.exe) is included is the archive, so it is a little bigger than previously but you'll know what to install if you get missing dll errors. I may remove it later to get smaller files.

I also moved the manual to a separate repository, so it has its own releases.

jobywalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2017, 11:59:30 am »

I made a not-really-a-new-release: 39.1.1. No source code change, only the builds changed:
  • use Qt 5.7 for OS X build

Hopefully, the OS X version will work better on retina display.

The Qt library isn't linked in correctly.  I reported this in Issue 41

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /usr/local/Cellar/qt@5.7/5.7.1/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui
  Referenced from: /Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.44.02-barebones-alpha-a/LNP/Utilities/DwarfTherapist.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
  Reason: image not found

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2017, 12:13:52 pm »

It didn't work for me in OSX 10.10 Yosemite either.

Chief10

• Bay Watcher
  • since 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 25, 2017, 05:52:57 pm »

Hi,

Will the the 44.02 version of this work with DF version 44.03 (released today)?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 25, 2017, 06:08:26 pm »

No, it requires new memory layouts for each version. I am relying on DFHack to create memory layouts. As soon as df-structures is updated, I should be able to create the new layout files. (it is a bug fix update, I don't think it will take long to update with the hints that Toady added to find the addresses)

Chief10

• Bay Watcher
  • since 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 25, 2017, 06:09:47 pm »

No, it requires new memory layouts for each version. I am relying on DFHack to create memory layouts. As soon as df-structures is updated, I should be able to create the new layout files. (it is a bug fix update, I don't think it will take long to update with the hints that Toady added to find the addresses)

Ok, thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 87