Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.6 | DF 50.13  (Read 404369 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Really Maintained Branch) v.39.2 | DF 44.05
« Reply #285 on: February 17, 2018, 04:30:20 am »

It is supposed to save user settings. If I am reading Qt doc correctly, it should be in "$HOME/.config/UDP Software/Dwarf Therapist.ini" (same as linux).

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 17, 2018, 06:38:53 am »

File was owned by root, which is my fault: I was using sudo to start Therapist when I was killing dwarves to determine which one causes the crash.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2018, 07:30:39 am »

New version released: 39.2.1

A few bug fixes.

Changelog:
  • load memory layouts and grid views from all search paths instead of the first existing one only
  • fixed a crash when exporting to CSV
  • fixed monster slayers being treated like mercenaries (for squad assignment and visitor filter)

Windows builds are also available on DFFD (win32, win64).

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 23, 2018, 03:19:56 am »

Just tested it in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and 10.12 Sierra, and it still works. Thanks!

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 23, 2018, 01:04:40 pm »

It is supposed to save user settings. If I am reading Qt doc correctly, it should be in "$HOME/.config/UDP Software/Dwarf Therapist.ini" (same as linux).

I still had troubles saving user settings, until I did

sudo chmod go+w .config/UDP\ Software/Dwarf\ Therapist.ini

Before that, I tried to change ownership a few times, but DT would change it back to root every time.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 01, 2018, 05:47:11 am »

i got no clue as of why, but DT cannot be executed on my win7-64bit.
i got this problem since DF switched to 64 bit. DF runs fine though, but DT just gives an error message:
Die Anwendung konnte nicht korrekt gestartet werden (0xc000007b). Klicken sie auf "OK", um die Anwendung zu schließen.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 01, 2018, 05:55:53 am »

Same error as PFunk?

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 01, 2018, 08:28:27 am »

...and the OS X build still crashes on load if there is a "Serve Dwarven Wine" job in the list.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 01, 2018, 08:35:34 am »

Same error as PFunk?
yes, same error.
the 32 bit version works.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 02, 2018, 08:38:20 am »

...and the OS X build still crashes on load if there is a "Serve Dwarven Wine" job in the list.
Does "Serve Dwarven Rum" crashes DT too? DT does not look the details of the service order, it should be the same, but it does not crash for me.

The stack trace in the crash report shows it happens in Qt or OSX functions. It could be a bug specific to Qt on OS X, in which case I cannot help you (maybe check this bug report, it has a similar stack trace). Or it could be a memory corruption that crashes later, I did no see anything with valgrind on linux.

You could try making you own debug build of DT (add -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug to cmake options) and run it with valgrind or gdb.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 03, 2018, 01:03:12 pm »

Feature request

Any way to get a gridview for preferences?  I can create grid views for skills and beliefs, but if I want to view preferences (yes/no) in a matrix, not possible

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 03, 2018, 05:32:12 pm »

I'll see what I can do. I created an issue on github, so I don't forget.

I should not be to difficult to reuse the role preferences without a role. Do you want only the generic preference matches (the one you see in the role editor when you did not connect to a fortress), or all the exact preferences? There are really a lot of them, it would not fit the current grid view editor UI.

Until I add that, you can create custom roles using only preferences. It will mess with the role score normalization but you will be able to add them in grid views.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2018, 07:15:12 pm »

Hey guys. For some reason, Dwarf Therapist has started crashing every time I try to connect to a fortress. Something about memory issues. I've updated to the most recent version, and the problem remains.

If anybody wishes to help, Here is a screen cap of the error messages, which can be found at the bottom right of the image:

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2018, 04:05:25 am »

Does it happen with any fortress or just this one? Check log/run.log for errors or warnings.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2018, 08:13:55 pm »

This guy has been asking about this problem in the past few DF questions threads on Reddit. It looks like a complicated problem.
Quote from: Luca____
Quote from Luca____ on Reddit's /r/dwarffortress:

I am running the LNP( LinuxLNP-0.43.05-r07) on Linux (xfce 4.10, Xubuntu) and whenever I try and open Dwarf Therapist, it gives me a screen telling me that it needs to run as root. I accept it, enter my password, then nothing happens. What could be wrong?

I also get the problem when opening that it is missing a file (setcap). When I update it, DT still doesn't recognize that I have it now. When I open the terminal and run the program, it says that "[the command for root access] line 124: getcap: command not found".

I am a newbie at Linux, what should I do to fix this?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 87