Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 76006 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(6/11): Day 6: The Beginning of the End?
« Reply #690 on: May 05, 2018, 09:47:01 am »

So, what it's mean no one is talking
And to Tiruin and NQT why do you vote for me?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 05, 2018, 10:22:07 am »

Last night's actions:

Me: kidnapped
Silthuri: activating kidnap conversion and is kidnapped
Rockeater: targets me -> converted to kidnap
Moonlit???
Tiruin???
kingawsume???

Why did I think someone was trying to kill me? Something in the flavor and my interpretations of one my powers. But re-reading, it's not certain. My current theory is Rockeater's kill was converted into a kidnap.

You know what, I mistaken in how day 4 went, I will change my vote, and I meant the voting today.
Kingawsume: Why did you vote for RGN after It was all but confirmed that he had some sort of investigation ability?
This is a good question.

Tiruin/Moonlit/Kingawsume-- care to claim anything?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 05, 2018, 11:16:00 am »

Fallacy how does it suppose to work, If A targeted B and B targeted C who get kidnapped?

I targeted KingAwsume and kidnapped him last night.

Meaning Tiruin likely targeted Silthuri.
Not really

I did nothing, so I've no idea what you mean. x.x
...How do people get nothing that makes no sense?
So, what going on.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 05, 2018, 03:14:29 pm »

Fallacy how does it suppose to work, If A targeted B and B targeted C who get kidnapped?
Assuming A and B were both using kidnapping ability, B would be kidnapped and C wouldn't. If C was using kidnapping on A, I would have to roll initiative to determine which would be applied first.

So, what going on.
You're playing mafia.

It's look like I am gonna get lynched by two votes from the start so I will Use my extenion
Ka-ching!

The Day will now end Monday 8:00 P.M. Central/Forum time. The day's communal extension has not been used.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 05, 2018, 03:30:30 pm »

So
NQT, Kingawsume: what you planed doing last night?
Silthuri: Is the kidnapping thing the only action you did?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 07, 2018, 01:44:30 am »

The Day will now end Monday 8:00 P.M. Central/Forum time. The day's communal extension has not been used.
:v and yet people haven't spoken (ok I haven't, but I was busy! Although people can persecute me on these grounds, I'm okay with it!)

I targeted KingAwsume and kidnapped him last night.

Meaning Tiruin likely targeted Silthuri.
No I didn't? o_o
Out of all the claims, why poke me?

And...not mention anything else?

Last night's actions:

Moonlit???
Tiruin???
kingawsume???
So...let me get this straight,

First of all, I'll vote for communal extend to cancel out one of the shortens (assuming that's how this works. I don't actually want to extend just yet just sayin). Yes things are getting hairy now but why are you wanting to rush?

My block is literally called "abduct" and i kidnap people in my bus to remove them from the game. I think the flavor changed since not everyone has buses. But it is essentially kidnapping.

What i did last night was essentially force everyone to use my abduct power on their targets instead of whatever they were going to do. So instead of rockeater actually using their ability on NQT, they instead took them out of the game. I was also taken out of the game so someone targeted me last night as well.

NQT: why do you think someone tried to kill you?

So tally of who was kidnapped and who wasn't and who did the kidnapping.

Also which one of you sillies targeted me last night and with what?

I'm heading back to revisit yesterday's shenanigans because I'm slightly confused by some things.
Also extend
We've got 1 scum left (unless somehow the game had 3 scum out of 11 people), Silthuri activated a 'everyone do what I do', meaning that anything anyone did becomes thematically, what you did (e.g. Non-kill), also nobody died.

So everyone kidnapped the other person.
Meaning we can't know what others did other than honesty during the day.
Because everything becomes a kidnap.
...Which roleblocks and protects as far as I recall?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 08, 2018, 04:32:44 am »

I will vote for Communal extension because if I die for two votes who barely explained why it would be silly.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 09, 2018, 09:08:41 am »

Last night's actions:

Moonlit???
Tiruin???
kingawsume???

If this is accurate, and kidnaps do role block, the only person unaccounted for is you, Tiruin.
Somehow me posting that I did nothing doesn't register I see? :P
I'm pretty aware of the case of one person lying around here, and given the terms and conditions by who is most likely the town-yest person here given the previous days, someone tried to kidnap Silthuri; someone also tried to kidnap NQT, who I've to reiterate is on the sameish level as her in my eyes.

I will vote for Communal extension because if I die for two votes who barely explained why it would be silly.
You did target NQT with a hilarity ensues poke, I'm unsure why he didn't respond to it o_O
Kingawsume needs to answer a query given to him by you though. I mean I was absent for quite some days because of horribusy, but I haven't seen a post from KA for quite a longer while.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 09, 2018, 10:58:22 am »

Oh hey the day should be over now. Or rather, it should be over two days ago. Oops.

As far as I can tell only three people voted for a communal extension. That's not a majority.

Let me check...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(6/11): Night 5: Enough.
« Reply #699 on: May 09, 2018, 11:19:41 am »

Votecount:
(0) *notquitethere:
(2) *kingawsume: Rockeater, Tiruin
(0) Tiruin:
(0) Silthuri:
(1) Rockeater: notquitethere
(0) *The Moonlit Shadow:

Not voting: Silthuri, The Moonlit Shadow, kingawsume

In the end, kingawsume had the most fingers pointed at him. The L.Y.N.C.H. put a bullet into his head and he fell still.

kingawsume was Pep Talker(town)
(Night): Motivating Pep Talk [target]: Your target may take an additional action next night.
(1-Shot, Night): Extremely Motivating Pep Talk [target]: Your target may take an additional action next night, and may also use an expended shotted action that night as if it were unexpended.
(1-Shot, Night): Too Much Pep Talk [target]: Your target may take an additional action next night, but is roleblocked this night.
(1-Shot, Day): Self Pep Talk: You may take an additional action next night.
(1-Shot, Night, Hilarity Ensues): You Just Lost The Game: Every living player of this game of mafia is PMed to say “You have lost the Game. You know, the one where you try not to think about the Game.”
(Auto): Bureaucracy: Your actions all take effect one cycle after they are used. Investigative actions used on you give results one cycle after they are used.

How unfortunate.

Tropecount:

(0) Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies:
(0) Affably Evil:
(0) Katanas Are Just Better:
(1) Gosh Dang It To Heck: notquitethere
(0) Worthless Yellow Rocks:
(0) Cincinnatus:
(0) Star-Crossed Lovers:
(0) Time Master:
(0) Red Herring:

Not voting: Silthuri, Tiruin, The Moonlit Shadow, Rockeater

In the end, only one person decided that tropes were important. Notquitethere.

The end result was a blanket ban on profanity.

Trope: Gosh Dang It to Heck: No profanity can be used in thread higher in degree than “gosh”, “dang”, and “heck”. Foreign profanity still counts as profanity. Disrespecting the Lord’s name counts as profanity. Repeated failure to abide by this rule results in loss of vote for the day.

It is now Night 6. Night 6 will end Friday, 8:00 P.M. Central/Forum time or when I have all actions and enough time to update. Send in your actions!

Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(5/11): Night 6: Not done yet.
« Reply #700 on: May 12, 2018, 03:21:51 pm »

Processing.
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(5/11): Night 6: Not done yet.
« Reply #701 on: May 13, 2018, 11:31:41 am »

Come solemn morning, a corpse and a broken machine fell before you all. Silthuri was dead.

Silthuri was Bus Driver(town)
(Night): Abduct [target]: You remove your target from the game for the night. If you die this night, they die also in the crash.
(1-Shot, Night): Drive or Die [target]: You lend your spare bus to your target. They gain Drive. If they do not use Drive next night, the bus explodes, killing them.
(1-Shot, Night): Flatten [target]: You run your target over, roleblocking them and destroying two random abilities in their role.
(1-Shot, Night, Hilarity Ensues): Everybody is Me: Everyone uses the same action you used last night. Everyone killed tonight by the action you used last night revives.

(Reference): (Night): Drive: The night you use this ability, you cannot use any other abilities. If you would be killed by Drive or Die, you are not killed.

Body Double was Body Double(body double)

And then there were four.

Then there was that horrible sinking feeling as Tiruin and notquitethere slowly grinned horrible grins and pulled pistols from behind their backs.

The Moonlit Shadow was the next to fall.

The Moonlit Shadow was Builder(town)
(Day): Research [target/trope]: Build Gadget gains a new option for Gadget based off of your target’s role or the trope you select. This is mentally exhausting and cannot be used two days in a row.
(Night): Build Gadget [target/self]: Select a Gadget from the below options to build and give to your target or yourself. Doing the same thing over and over again is boring, so each time you choose a Gadget more than once there is a 50% chance you lose focus, explode, and die.
-(Reference, Gadget): (1-Shot, Auto): Body Double: When you would die, your Body Double dies instead.
-(Reference, Gadget): (1-Shot, Night): Role Scanner [target]: You learn a random ability in your target’s role.
-(Reference, Gadget): (1-Shot, Night): Hypnotizer [target]: Your target gains a minor character-based post restriction of your choice for the next day. May be vetoed by mod. Repeated failure to abide by post restriction results in loss of vote for the day.
-(Reference, Gadget): (1-Shot, Add-On): Practicality Energizer: Use this ability alongside a non-shotted ability. It cannot be roleblocked or have its target changed.
-(Reference, Gadget): (1-Shot, Day): Sharkjumper Catalyst: Jumping The Shark gains four additional votes in the name of whoever or whatever you choose until the end of the day.
(1-Shot, Auto): Body Double: When you would die, your Body Double dies instead.
(1-Shot, Night, Hilarity Ensues): Looter’s Delight [target]: If your target dies tonight, their abilities are distributed at random among the living players.
(1-Shot, Night): Role Scanner [target]: You learn a random ability in your target’s role.

Down went the builder of the body double, and one of the town's greatest. And then there were three, and Rockeater took a fighting stance only to be gunned down by notquitethere, using a rocket launcher.

It didn't really take. The rocket was destroyed in mid-air.

Tiruin put a clip of bullets into Rockeater, then twitched as he got up again. Rockeater ran, making a break for it, only to finally be shot in the back by notquitethere. He finally fell still.

Rockeater was JC Denton(town)
(Loadout, Innate): Nanotech Loadout: At the start of the game, you may choose three of the ability pairs listed below, and gain a single ability of your choice from each chosen pair.
(1-Shot(0-Shot), Auto): Skill Improvement: On Day 3, you may choose one Skill ability, listed below, to gain.
(1-Shot, Auto): Aggressive Defense System: When you would be killed by the mafiakill, you survive.
(1-Shot(0-Shot), Night): IFF [target]: You learn your target’s alignment(town, mafia, or third party(if you get a third party result, you also learn the type of third party your target is)).
(1-Shot, Auto): Regeneration: When you die, you regenerate, reviving.
(1-Shot, Night, Hilarity Ensues): You’re King Now [target]: Your target is the only player able to vote for Trope selection the next day.
(2-Shot, Night): Medicine: You protect your target from kills using a medkit.

(Reference, Cranial): (2-Shot, Night): Spy Drone [target]: You learn who visits your target tonight(you watch them). Your use of this ability will show up in your target’s night flavor.
(Reference, Cranial): (1-Shot, Auto): Aggressive Defense System: When you would be killed by the mafiakill, you survive.

(Reference, Basic): (1-Shot, Night): IFF [target]: You learn your target’s alignment(town, mafia, or third party(if you get a third party result, you also learn the type of third party your target is)).
(Reference, Basic): (2-Shot, Day): Infolink [target]: For the duration of this day, you and your target may send PMs to each other.

(Reference, Limbs): (Auto): Combat Strength: Kill actions you perform pierce protection.
(Reference, Limbs): (Auto): Speed Enhancement: Your enhanced speed allows you to escape(makes you immune to) abilities that would roleblock you.

(Reference, Torso): (1-Shot, Auto): Regeneration: When you die, you regenerate, reviving.
(Reference, Torso): (Add-On): Power Recirculator: When you gain this ability, choose another ability you possess. It gains an additional shot.

(Reference, Skill): (2-Shot, Night): Medicine: You protect your target from kills using a medkit.
(Reference, Skill): (1-Shot, Night): Low-Tech Weapon [target]: You use your Dragon’s Tooth Sword to kill your target.
(Reference, Skill): (2-Shot, Night): Demolition [target]: You use a knockout gas grenade to role block your target.

"Well. We've done it. Took a while, but we've done it. Um... sorry about all the miscommunication."

Tiruin shrugged. What was done was done. They were victorious, anyway.

notquitethere(mafia), juicebox(mafia) and Tiruin(mafia-ally) have won. All others have lost.
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).
« Reply #702 on: May 13, 2018, 12:12:03 pm »

Spoiler: Tropes (click to show/hide)
Fun facts: Affably Evil even worked for the dead. My favorite Hilarity Ensues ability was the only one not given to a player.

Sharkjumper was a mistake.

Anything else?
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 13, 2018, 12:12:32 pm »

Oh right.

Right. Well, that was a right mess. Sharking the Jump certainly didn't help.

Spoiler: Action History (click to show/hide)
So much hilarity in this. For example, notquitethere used Disarmament on Tiruin. Yes. Seriously.
Generic Arms Race.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 13, 2018, 03:35:47 pm »

Nyahahaha
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48