Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75997 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(11/11): Day 1: Nobody Dead
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2018, 06:26:50 pm »

Pfp once again.

NQT
Silthuri
Because you don't have any reason to suspect anyone and you pulled my name out of a hat probably?
Is it true that you don't have any reason to suspect anyone?
How did you reach this conclusion from you asking me why you'd suspect me? Right now my strongest suspicion is on the person who voted for an evil trope, but I've no solid leads. Are you fishing for investigative roles or something?

@Giga because I can't be bothered to snip the post
Polite evil is still evil and still doesn't sound good.

Imic
Why did you essentially just copy NQT's "why am I suspicious of you" question for Giga? Are you unable to think of your own questions? And then why are you joining on my reasoning based on Giga voting for a specific trope?

@juicebox
Generally I prefer scum because of the shenanigans and mind games I can play. All in all it's more fun imo.

Also why is everyone jumping all over Giga now? I know I started the vote on him but y'all basically bandwagoning now and it's suspicious af.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2018, 07:04:39 pm »

Yeah, 3 votes is probably little too much for supposedly random voting.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2018, 09:02:50 pm »

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't vote randomly, ever.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2018, 09:27:50 pm »

Hilarity Ensues.
Trope votes are on purple!
Hilarity Ensues.
Tawa - If I were third party, how would you keep me in line with the town?
Depends what kind of third party we're talking. If I knew there were a serial killer on the loose, for example, I'd just keep scumhunting, but try to figure out who the SK is at the same time. The way I see it, a serial killer would be dead meat when the mafia are all that's left, but has a fighting chance when they're eliminated, so it's in an SK's benefit to go after the mafia with the town.

That's just one example, but it seems the most implied based on your question.
Let's talk general third party, survivors and the people that get skittish when people threaten them.
I'd keep a very close eye on anyone claiming survivor, but I don't think that it's worth trying to lynch people just on suspicion of mafia-claiming-survivor. Overall, though, I don't think I've played enough Mafia to have a genuinely good handle on dealing with third parties.
... Tawa: I don't believe I've played mafia with ... you before. How would you describe your playstyle?
I'm honestly not sure how to describe it. I haven't played in years, I think. I'm familiar with the terminology and theory of the gameplay, but last time I played I was like fifteen and got lynched in practically every game I played because I was a hyperactive goofball back then who thought that the best way to win was to wildly argue the mafia into submission.

I like to think I'm more mature these days. My current outlook for playing is to approach the investigation calmly and cautiously, but to apply heat when necessary.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2018, 09:39:08 pm »

So your vote on Giga has nothing to do with pressure or just voting someone just because etc that comes along with voting in rvs oftentimes? Granted I believe I'm giving "random" an especially broad definition by meaning "not born of explicit reasoning." so technically my vote is "random." Also, you're making your way up my scummy list really quickly. What with this reasoning and avoiding a question and further queries involving you not answering said question.

Also, I think I'm going to jump on Hilarity Ensues for the trope because I love me some hilarity.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2018, 10:01:53 pm »

Maximum Spin, I'm getting a bad reading on you. In every single post you've made, you dodge the questions and speak in riddles while contributing nothing yourself--not to mention your scumbuddy recommendation being the guy who's voting alongside you.

BlackHeartKabal: Those are some pretty specific questions you're asking there. Why are you asking them?

Imic: Your question to Giga here. Are you implying you have an investigatory role?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2018, 10:09:14 pm »

Maximum Spin, I'm getting a bad reading on you. In every single post you've made, you dodge the questions and speak in riddles while contributing nothing yourself--not to mention your scumbuddy recommendation being the guy who's voting alongside you.
This is actually a pretty good argument. I'll change my FoS to a vote. He has been pretty dodgy and weird in these posts and, as I pointed before, refused to answer questions.
Maximum Spin
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2018, 10:09:50 pm »

Also why is everyone jumping all over Giga now? I know I started the vote on him but y'all basically bandwagoning now and it's suspicious af.
I've checked back, and it's only Maximum Spin and kingawsume being the folks doing that. :O

Maximum Spin - If I could sync someone up to die when I do, who would you want me to bring with me?
I guess if I had to pick someone I'd say GigaGiant, but Tiruin would be a good second choice too.

Hilarity Ensues, sure, wfm.
You love me so much I'm picked as a second without any further detail! :P

Do you randomly pick people as an answer to 'who' questions too? Because 'giving a person's name without any mentioned reasoning' also counts as random. :P

I mean, for voting, it's easy to say 'it's not random because I picked this person', so please tell why you're voting Gigla, Maximum Spin. Intent, reasoning, observation, and otherwise help. But you just voted a guy you're not even engaging with in conversation at all.

:v

Also foin. Hilarity Ensues, but since I'm a SO SRS GRUMP, I probably won't find it hilarity since knowing FoU's humor, he has better humor than me! u_u I'm counting 6~ votes for Hilarity Ensues thus far, since the votecount, on that note. NQT, BHK, Imic, Maximum Spin, juicybox, Silthuri, and then myself, ordered respectively.

PFP

PPE 2 people :V

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2018, 10:12:35 pm »

Not trying to bandwagon, I'm just putting my vote here because it's almost time to sleep for me.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2018, 10:13:43 pm »

not to mention your scumbuddy recommendation being the guy who's voting alongside you.
do you

genuinely

think I would be that stupid

face
palm

This is actually a pretty good argument. I'll change my FoS to a vote. He has been pretty dodgy and weird in these posts and, as I pointed before, refused to answer questions.
You are correct that I only answer the questions that I like. I don't know why GigaGiant hasn't taken up my offer yet, though.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2018, 10:33:44 pm »

not to mention your scumbuddy recommendation being the guy who's voting alongside you.
do you

genuinely

think I would be that stupid

face
palm
do you

genuinely

think I haven't heard of misdirection schemes

face
palm

Also, I made a small mistake. Imic isn't voting Giga; they're just grilling. My point still stands.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2018, 10:36:13 pm »

The thing about misdirection schemes is that they have to actually misdirect, not be transparently obvious.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2018, 10:53:55 pm »

The thing about misdirection schemes is that they have to actually misdirect, not be transparently obvious.
You kinda have to talk to the other person rather than react to their accusation or assumption instead. :P So it'll lead to a lot less tension or needless sarcasm.

How goes answering those queries me and others asked? :O

[...]I only answer the questions that I like.[...]
What does this mean for your team?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2018, 11:23:58 pm »

This is an excellent example of the kind of question I would ignore. What is even the relevance of it? What is it supposed to mean? It's vaguely leading without having any purpose, and the potential space of answers is infinite, yet none of those infinite answers would matter. I could spend a few minutes of my life trying to formulate a response carefully tailored to convey something useful and hope it's interpreted in the manner in which I intended it (a rare feat in human communication), but it's just not worth it.

If my team is so terrible that they cannot cope with selective answering, then they're terrible enough that we're going to lose no matter what I do, and we'll probably deserve it. I'd like to think that isn't the case.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2018, 11:26:13 pm »

Ah, you know what, you've got me there.

But I must admit, I find it rather intriguing that you completely ignored the rest of my post. Are you admitting that you're being shifty for no good reason?
This is an excellent example of the kind of question I would ignore.
Then why didn't you?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48