Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75964 times)

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(11/11): Day 1: Nobody Dead
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2018, 06:23:30 pm »

Quick post before I get offline for an hour to run an errand.
Imic
Gigagiant I think you have a very good point about maximum spin. As for my playstyle, most of my posts are done in brief periods, so I don't have much time to review my post or really read over the thread. I garuntee you I'm a townie, just one with not a lot of free time, and one who hasn't playe dmafia much in the past.
Hm...alright, fair enough. Would like to see you question people a bit more often.

Why would I tell you all about a cult if I was then to join it? It'd be a dick move for one thing, telling everyone that something exists and then joining it, and since I have told everyone that there is a cult, I'm not going to join it, but if you think I will join it anyway, you're clearly mad, since it would be suicide for me at this rate. Now everyone knows there's a cult, they'll be in the lookout for it, wnd if I'm part of that, or if I ever look suspicious again, I'm dead, and so is the cult.
Good reasoning, Imic. Keep this up.

Who do you plan to vote for?

kingawsume
Quote from: Gigagiant
Hasn't participated much. Knowingly hammered Maximum Spin, and was fine with what he considered a probable mislynch. Has yet to do any actual scum hunting. Hasn't done anything after I finished questioning him. My top lynch candidate at the moment.
Yes, I knowingly hammered; this was also a point where I was still high on pain meds and annoyed at everything for existing. (Doesn't excuse it, I know that.)

As for not doing anything, IRL has taken an unexpected turn. I have been more busy this past week that I was most of December. I had surgery a week ago (Pain Meds), and still haven't hully recovered. I have a lot of shit to do, and not alot of time to do it. Blah blah blah, don't in on a game you can't make, yadda yadda yadda.
Ugh, sorry for how your life is going. I know the struggle of balancing this game with real life responsibilities.

Who do you plan to vote for?

BlackHeartKabal
On the other hand, I think BHK could also be a decent candidate because of the blatant bandwagon and lack of posting but I really want to see him respond to the thread, hopefully before day end.
Why not vote for Maximum Spin, if he's the primary suspect?
Is that the only reason you voted him? Who do you intend to vote for now?
Insert witty signature here

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2018, 06:26:41 pm »

Pfp

Don't have time for a big post and am on phone so will keep brief:

I don't think Max is best hit for today and I don't want a 3-way draw. BHK has laid low and kicked the boot in on Max. Of the voters on Max, he seems the best candidate as Tawa has outlined. I'll try to get in before the end of the day and change to avoid a draw if I need to. What would be better is if the rest of the town decide and don't let scum nudge a mislynch.

PPE: looks like Giga is on same page

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2018, 06:36:18 pm »

On the other hand, I think BHK could also be a decent candidate because of the blatant bandwagon and lack of posting but I really want to see him respond to the thread, hopefully before day end.
Why not vote for Maximum Spin, if he's the primary suspect?

Regardless of whether someone is a primary suspect, it really isn't wise to just throw your vote at 'em and be done. Had you read through the thread at that point? In which case you should have given a bit more reasoning imo than what you did.

So I looked at the lurker tracker and it looks like we have a tie between lynching BHK, king and max. Because I don't want a tie and day ends soon, BHK, my alternate lynch candidate.

PPE ninjad with the tie breaker. I'll still leave my vote with BHK to make damn sure we don't have a tie.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2018, 06:36:31 pm »

That said, I'm not sure why he didn't just come out and say this. I could be wrong in my interpretation of this quote, but he refused to comment on this, so I think it's relevant in some way.
Partly because my role really is themed toward not just coming out and saying things, and partly because that's honestly my own style anyway, but also partly because it's just so great when people pick up on these little details.

Oh wow this BHK thing is looking super suspicious right now. I'm just going to leave my vote where it's at for the moment.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2018, 06:36:59 pm »

PFP and really busy.
Well, I don't know why is everyone voting BHK when Max was our main suspect hours ago for a long time. I am quite sure everyone read him as scum at least once because of his strange behavior and his refusal to answer questions. While he might not be mafia, he could be a cultist since only him and Imic had knowledge about the cult. All of these votes seem to be basically "He voted for Max". It even looks like a scum bandwagon.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2018, 06:39:56 pm »

I'm mostly surprised of how sudden this lynch looks like and makes me extremely suspicious, but since the day is about to end and a tie would be harmful to town...
Unvote

BHK
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2018, 06:48:59 pm »

Wait... We're suspicious for wanting to break the tie but you come in when there's no tie, broken by nqt and all but ensured by me, and you toss a vote in and that's okay?

Also pfp and about to fall into a food coma
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2018, 06:52:25 pm »

... Am I expected to just... never vote for anyone D1?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2018, 06:58:00 pm »

Right now, I'm looking at two possible lynch candidates: Max or BHK, and, as you can see, leaning BHK. The way I see it, lynching BHK could give us tons of crucial information tonight.

When I put the first vote on Maximum Spin, RGUN, Tiruin, Silthuri, king, and BHK all voted after me. In my opinion, BHK was a blatant bandwagon. I feel like something is also off about RGUN's vote, and kingawsume's vote was almost certainly a suspicious bandwagon, but that's beside my point.

Now, if Max is actually mafia, then we can safely assume that if BHK is mafia, BHK wouldn't bandwagon on Max. So if we lynch BHK and find out they're scum, we can assume that Max is town. In that case, we can assume that Max is telling the truth about Imic and the cult message. If we lynch BHK and they're town, we're down a lurker.

Lastly, I have a hypothesis--a deeply grasping-at-straws hypothesis, but a hypothesis nonetheless--that BHK could be the cult leader. Their initial group of questions suggests that BHK could be third party. This would also explain the lurking as a ploy to keep the cult hush-hush. Again, this is pretty out there, and I don't expect it to be true--but I think it's definitely a possibility.
I'm a role that can only give my action results through messages to others primed to send after I die, since I'm forbidden from giving anything I learn out outside of my death messages. I asked the questions to screen and give a breadcrumb to put NQT up if he doesn't out my results, since I was intent on having the messages be sent to him for this game, which is why I asked the question to him. I can prime one message per day but can prime another if I give up my vote.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2018, 07:35:16 pm »

Wait... We're suspicious for wanting to break the tie but you come in when there's no tie, broken by nqt and all but ensured by me, and you toss a vote in and that's okay?

Also pfp and about to fall into a food coma
The lynch is still suspicious but it's still better to switch the vote to avoid having a draw. Who knows, maybe some people unvote later or switch votes. It's mostly a safeguard to guarantee that we get a lynch today, if that's what you mean.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2018, 07:49:45 pm »

BlackHeartKabal
You can vote, just do it with some sort of purpose. Have an actual reason behind it. Just voting to go along with the crowd makes it look like you don't care who gets lynched.

I'm a role that can only give my action results through messages to others primed to send after I die, since I'm forbidden from giving anything I learn out outside of my death messages. I asked the questions to screen and give a breadcrumb to put NQT up if he doesn't out my results, since I was intent on having the messages be sent to him for this game, which is why I asked the question to him. I can prime one message per day but can prime another if I give up my vote.
1. Why did you choose NQT?
2. Did you give up your vote for Day 1? Was that vote on Maximum Spin actually meaningless?
Insert witty signature here

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2018, 07:59:47 pm »

BlackHeartKabal
You can vote, just do it with some sort of purpose. Have an actual reason behind it. Just voting to go along with the crowd makes it look like you don't care who gets lynched.

1. Why did you choose NQT?
2. Did you give up your vote for Day 1? Was that vote on Maximum Spin actually meaningless?
On voting - It's D1. What was the reason for putting up MS, then, if not to have everyone vote him up?
1. He always takes some sort of leadership role in the town anyway. If he's town, it's obviously beneficial. If he isn't, I doubt he could bluff his way out.
2. No. No.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2018, 08:26:30 pm »

GigaGiant has requested a replacement.

Day 1 will end 9:00 P.M. Central/Forum time today(48 hours later than normal due to it being Day 1), about 35 minutes from now. The day's communal extension has not yet been used.

Votecount:
(1) *Maximum Spin: BlackHeartKabal
(1) *notquitethere: juicebox
(0) *kingawsume:
(0) *Tiruin:
(0) *Silthuri:
(5) *BlackHeartKabal: Tawa, GigaGiant, notquitethere, randomgenericusername, Silthuri
(1) *randomgenericusername: Maximum Spin
(0) *GigaGiant:
(0) *Tawa:
(0) *juicebox:
(0) *Imic:

Not voting: kingawsume, Imic

(* denotes that the player has not yet used their personal 24 hour extension)

Tropecount:

((bolded orange is an acceptable alternative to purple for trope voting.))

(0) Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies:
(0) Affably Evil:
(1) Boring But Practical: Tawa
(1) Katanas Are Just Better: randomgenericusername
(0) Gosh Dang It To Heck:
(0) Worthless Yellow Rocks:
(0) Cincinnatus:
(0) Star-Crossed Lovers:
(0) Clock King:
(0) Time Master:
(0) Red Herring:
(9) Hilarity Ensues: notquitethere, BlackHeartKabal, Imic, Maximum Spin, kingawsume, juicebox, Silthuri, Tiruin, GigaGiant
(0) Jumping The Shark:

Not voting:

Trope in Effect: The Coconut Effect(scroll up)

((If you detect any flaws in the counts, please let me know))
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:04:30 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(11/11): Day 1: Nobody Dead(but one to replace out)
« Reply #238 on: January 11, 2018, 08:42:59 pm »

FoU I'm voting for BHK.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(11/11): Day 1: Nobody Dead(but one to replace out)
« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2018, 08:45:23 pm »

FoU I'm voting for BHK.
It's almost as if you coordinated the lynch to happen before town could stop it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48