Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75994 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(8/11): Day 4: Anyone's Game (one replacement needed)
« Reply #495 on: February 05, 2018, 01:39:08 pm »

RGU, as you know, the mafia all have access to the same mafiakill ability. Assuming you're telling the truth, have you never played forum mafia before?

Rockeater, it's a feature of my role, no one else resurrected me.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 05, 2018, 02:09:28 pm »

RGU, as you know, the mafia all have access to the same mafiakill ability. Assuming you're telling the truth, have you never played forum mafia before?

I remember saying I only played once some years ago and it wasn't like this. In online mafia like Epicmafia, the scum team votes to kill.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 05, 2018, 02:45:14 pm »

NQT
Did you find any funny business with my kidnapping? What effects will I see?

RGU

I remember saying I only played once some years ago and it wasn't like this. In online mafia like Epicmafia, the scum team votes to kill.

I don't know why I thought you were in the last game. :v But assuming you're being truthful about not knowing...

How mafia typically works here (as evidenced by the last game in which I was scum) is mafia generally have access to a "faction kill." At least in that game, Persus and I both had our own actions we could do in a night but we also had the faction kill. We had to decide who would do the kill and who would use one of their actions because we couldn't both use our actions and kill in the same night. Until we discover otherwise, that's how I assume it will work in this game as well.  So you wouldn't have to block all of the scum at once to block the nightkill. You just have to hit the person elected to do the kill. If it were down to only one mafia, usually they have to make the choice between using one of their personal actions and utilizing the faction kill.

Correct me if I'm wrong, more experienced players, but this is my understanding.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 05, 2018, 05:01:11 pm »

I am prrety sure RGU have investigate role,I will explain tomorrow.
Fallacy when the day end?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 05, 2018, 05:17:54 pm »

I already claimed investigator like on day 1

ಠ_ಠ
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 05, 2018, 11:14:09 pm »

RGU was kidnapped and there was no kill. Seems like that makes RGU best candidate for the lynch.
The other day I wasn't blocked and there were no kills. Also I don't think the mafia kill can be blocked? Unless you roleblock every single mafia member, I think.
If you didnt think it would be blocked, why did you not push any case on anyone the previous days?
What did you actually think about what happened in the past?

"tomorrow"
Why not today?
Why all the delays with "explanations"?

I'll put my results here.

N0 Used watch on Maximum Spin: Visited by no one but me.
N1 Used watch on Imic: Randomized to myself: Visited by no one but me.
N2: Used watch on NQT: Delayed by lawyers
N3: Used watch on Tawa: Removed from game, NQT visited by no one but me.
removed from the game?
RGU; I saw Sil before and can confirm the wording of her ability--if you say TAWA OR ROCKEATER was "removed from the same", it is a roleblocker. Or at least thats what I recall about that.

You tried to visit Rockeater there and noticed they were removed from the game?

Explicit or implicit evidence that there are folks not telling what is.

Its like that here--instead aof a vote though, you can volunteer who to kill. Easily checked by looking at any past game's scumchat.

PFP

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 06, 2018, 12:30:57 am »

PFP
Sorry it was 11pm when I said that.
The evidence:It might be a bad one but he did claimed to be randomized to himself before the lynch of Max and this ability showing up on his flip
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 06, 2018, 01:25:51 am »

PFP
Sorry it was 11pm when I said that.
The evidence:It might be a bad one but he did claimed to be randomized to himself before the lynch of Max and this ability showing up on his flip
Links when you can.
But 'showing up on his flip' (whose flip), where?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(10/11): Day 2: Two Dead, Ten Living, One Replaced
« Reply #503 on: February 06, 2018, 01:46:37 am »

I'll think it would be better to wait until FoU becomes online and processes my action. I don't know what happened yet.

Also, during the night I was randomized to myself. For some reason I also learned that no one visited me (other than me).
I tried to visit Imic. Now I'm wondering how did I get randomized if no one visited me.

I think Imic might have had an ability that randomizes whoever visits him. How did he get roleblocked? Nothig of this makes sense.
I don't know how to get the results of the lynch from D2 here so I will quote them separately.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(10/11): Day 2: Two Dead, Ten Living, One Replaced
« Reply #504 on: February 06, 2018, 01:53:37 am »

Maximum Spin was Cthulhu(town).
(Auto, Innate): Incomprehensible Eldritch Abomination: When you die for the first time, your alignment flips but your role does not flip aside from this auto. Information on your role abilities other than information about this ability can only be learned firsthand. Your alignment cannot be changed. Certain abilities may treat you as being mafia. You alignment inspect as cult. You have access to your cult chat, and may continue to post in it while dead. Any player who uses an investigative action on you during the night will have their target(s) changed to a random player next night.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 06, 2018, 09:08:17 am »

Wednesday, 9:00 P.M. Central/Forum time.

The day's communal extension has not been used.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 06, 2018, 09:26:38 am »

Extend; pfp.
I hope people are voting tropes in orange or violet :v can't believe Jump the Shark was being picked a few days in the past, but uncolored. So I didn't notice until now. Yay, I've an idea on what's going on! \o/

...But I still have no idea why people are choosing it?

Sil: I'll be tracking tonight. Out of all the folks, I trust you and NQT. Please target any of the other 4 folks because today is ending in a lynch. :v

So two died, but also revived. I wonder if there is a player witha role that revives everyone that dies during the night?

Also I used my Hilarity Ensues ability on Tiruin.
RGU: This was your first post of D2. What phase was your H.E. ability usable by?
Also RGU never claimed he was town in his D2 post; he claimed he 'watched' himself.
The wording makes me wonder if that 'watch' was a tack-on. Also the ideas said by folks above (Rockeaterrrrr, use that opportunity to expound and make your springboard for ideas), was that RGU probably mentioned himself saying he's town somewhere in the past. I can't find that exact wording up there and still looking for it, but PFP.

Imic instead. He's also another Silthuri-grab, other than RGU. To note that he was blocked on a night where non-shotted powers are unblockable...And in a way, the worry...and commentary, can (cynically) feel like overpanicking in big generalizations. <_>

FoU: Is the FACTIONAL Mafiakill a 'non-shotted' power?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 06, 2018, 09:31:08 am »

FoU: Is the FACTIONAL Mafiakill a 'non-shotted' power?
The factional mafiakill has no shot restrictions. Individual mafia players may have shotted (Mafiakill) abilities, however.
~~~
Imic instead. He's also another Silthuri-grab, other than RGU. To note that he was blocked on a night where non-shotted powers are unblockable...And in a way, the worry...and commentary, can (cynically) feel like overpanicking in big generalizations. <_>
Of course, Imic asked for a replacement, so...
~~~
(1) [Extend]: Tiruin
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 06, 2018, 09:34:12 am »

Of course, Imic asked for a replacement, so...
Yeah :-\ I'm still looking up for stuff but voting him in the meantime, aware that he may not offer a defense on his behalf--to the others (and not to the GM here), I asked that question because in that time of NON-SHOT POWER OVERWHELMING[/starcraft], I figured the possibility of such occurring. Seems like the Mafia used an x-shot at the time then.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 06, 2018, 11:31:47 am »

Sorry on the bad wording,I meant to say RGU have investigate power,not that he is town
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48