Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 59495 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

A while ago, a dork on the internet set out to make a community fort based around the oddly specific challenge that no mechanisms could be used. People liked this idea, and the fort was dubbed Flamehorses. Eventually it fell, and it was popular and fun enough to gain a sequel, known as Traphorses, where all forges were banned. This was popular as well, and many found it entertaining.

The Dork has set out to make a community for once again. Welcome to Bandithorses, where we shall rob the world blind!

First, I shall welcome ye, all you newcomers. However, the first game slots are reserved for those who were in the last incarnation, Traphorses.

The ultimate goal of this fort is too rob the world blind by stealing as many artifacts as possible. Making our own is cool too. I guess.

The originals!

VolcanoQueen
Derpy Dev
hun
puppyguard
MrLurkety
bloop_bleep
pikachu17
Moonstone_Flower

The slots!

1. Derpy Dev
2. Stoat Tales
3. Moonstone Flower
4. Hun
5. YoungBab
6. Deathpunch578

That means that there are nine slots reserved, eight for the originals and one extra for a friend. That leaves one extra! First come first serve!

Of course, not all of the original members may want to join. Some may not have the time or interest. So I will happily welcome you in their place if they either do not want to join or take one week to respond.

As standard procedure, your turn lasts for one in game year or one real time week, whichever comes first.

Now, there is a mod I wanted to add, but since the new version has come out today, I shall wait till it updates to start. It is a name you may have heard of already, What Lurks Below.

The next matter is that no location has been chosen yet-where do we want to live? A megabeast heavy world with dying civilizations? A harsh desert full of the living dead? We'll leave that to be decided.

One final note, roleplaying is fully welcome and encouraged. We would all appreciate it, however, if you did not deliberately attempt to kill dorfings, though accidents do happen.

With that all said, let the discussion begin!

To be dorfed:
Bloop Bleep
MrLurkety, male, brewer
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:41:33 pm by Derpy Dev »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

I'm gonter watch.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What kind of dumb name is bandit horses anywsy
Sign me up for a turn though

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

No raw changes, the mod is ready to go. Gimme a midget please (but no turn).

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What kind of dumb name is bandit horses anywsy
Sign me up for a turn though

>.>

I dunno! We had a theme going with the last two though, I'm just following the theme.

I'll sign you up though dude!

No raw changes, the mod is ready to go. Gimme a midget please (but no turn).

Ah okay then! (I'm not pretending to know things, it might have been obvious but I didn't want to risk ruining it xD)

I'll remember to dwarf you when this starts!

Oh, and another note, Puppyguard was unfortunately unable to join us, so another slot is open.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:57:12 pm by Derpy Dev »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

is it possible to only take one turn?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile

Give someone else my turn, I never have time anyway. I'm pretty much a line spacer, when it comes to turns.
I would like a booze-related accident creator, however! Just my username, male if possible.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is it possible to only take one turn?

Sure! I'll put you on the list with a label.

Give someone else my turn, I never have time anyway. I'm pretty much a line spacer, when it comes to turns.
I would like a booze-related accident creator, however! Just my username, male if possible.

Alright, I'll do exactly that. Sorry to hear ya don't have time.

In other news, anyone have an idea about where we want our bandit camp? What region type do you guys want?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Preferably some festering swamp, maybe with a little bit of ocean or lake access, I feel like it would suit the 'skulking bandit' theme.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put it as close to as many places to rob from possible. I guess that's a given, though.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile

Definitely make the embark spot near a Kobold cave.

Let's steal from those dog besterds ! (and have them "steal" us back)
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish to make mead, so please get some bees too, if possible.
Basically, no freezing places, please.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:54:10 pm by MrLurkety »
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anywhere as long as there's no aquifier

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

It's not that hard to edit aquifers out of the raws, if we wish to embark in an aquifer prone area.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Perhaps some good Dwarfish despair will be a useful break from the regular kind.  Go ahead and sign me up, but I make no promises that I'll have motivation to play at any given time.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:42:18 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28