Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [47.05]/[50.10] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V7.20  (Read 81534 times)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V7.0 (Races, Beasts, Secrets Oh My!!)
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2022, 12:34:20 pm »

Apologies to the last month, was unaware my DFFD files/account was lost. Everything should be up and working now! Sorry to those who were using the 44.x version, that was sadly completely lost since I never bothered with redownloading it onto the new comp.

As of right now I am posting this for those who will continue to use 47.05 version, but I will updating you all on the Classic version when it comes out! :) Steam version will be on the workshop. Although I am unsure how long it will take me to make all the textures.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V6.1 (Races, Beasts, Secrets Oh My!!)
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2022, 09:52:25 pm »

Sadly it seems curses and blesses from a mod have a extremely rare chance of happening. Ive only had it happen once and that was from tipping over a statue.. after about 30something resets (from when i was testing it, altho at this point I am not sure what the conditions were of this happening, such as it being based on a specific type of god or anything). I havnt been playing DF much since the testing back in december since ive been busy with other things.
This is because of the way vanilla curse interactions work. Each type of werebeast or vampire is its own interaction, and the game picks one at random AFAIK - in other words, if you have a world with 40 werebeast types and 40 vampire types, you will have a roughly 50/50 split between werebeasts and vampires. Someone getting were-cursed will take one of 40 possible forms, and multiple forms may end up with the same animal but different weaknesses and appearances. I believe all vampires are more or less the same right now so the only difference is frequency of occurrence.

Thanks to how this works, modded interactions become extremely rare unless you have a way to work around it. Potential workarounds include DFHackery or manually duplicating each type of curse interaction a number of times based on how many types of weres/vampires you want your end users to use. Types of each of those can be directly controlled in advanced worldgen; don't know the default values (for the normal worldgen screen etc.) off the top of my head.
If you go the duplication route, you'd essentially just be doing SHRYLING_1, SHRYLING_2, SHRYLING_3, ... (as an example) with no changes to the actual raws between each one: you're manually increasing the weight by having a bunch of copies of what amounts to the same thing.

Yeah I know this is a necro but whatever, at least I helped explain what's going on, right?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2022, 10:36:29 pm »

Ah don't worry, its not really a necro, but yeah with the V7 update I did go down the duplicating route.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Rato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2022, 01:12:01 pm »

I see your mod was released on the Steam workshop, can you post a link for Premium Itch users?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2022, 11:09:56 am »

Yup i can do that, give me a bit of time and it will be ready on the first post.

Edit: Added a link under the 47.x version! Enjoy.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 11:34:15 am by Fatace »

Rato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2022, 02:41:24 pm »

Thank you very much, I'll be trying it out once I'm done with my current fort.

DirtyHorcrux

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

playing a fort on the steam version as the Gindrae and noticed that the merchants from the mountain home arent bringing any goods, not sure if this was intentional or not. i thought i'd bring it up and see if anyone else was having a similar issue with it.

edit: im dumb and didnt read the very first post on the workshop page.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 11:39:52 pm by DirtyHorcrux »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeh its a known issue, plan on putting up a fix within the next update, just waiting on a few things to finish before adding the update.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05]/[50.05] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V7.04
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2023, 06:27:00 pm »

Thanks for updating to 0.50. I'm running a fort right now with it.

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05]/[50.07] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V7.1
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2023, 12:38:04 pm »

compatibility with dark ages?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2023, 10:14:54 am »

compatibility with dark ages?

Compatibility between mods isnt much of a thing if major/overhaul mods fully change/replace the main entities, ect. So until the devs implement a better compatibility check system for raws, major mods/overhauls wont ever be compatible, unless the player themselves goes thru the raws and makes them compatible themselves.

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2023, 04:04:35 am »

How do you play as vargeon? :D how are you supposed to? As they aren't eating or drinking, it looks like good race for fight. But those pets acting like a normal civ person (they can even be added to bedrooms) - what's about them?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05]/[50.10] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V7.20
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2023, 09:37:24 am »

Ignore this.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 09:39:22 am by Fatace »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05]/[50.10] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V7.20
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2023, 09:37:56 am »

Ignore this.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]