Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: [47.02] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Necromorph Invasion  (Read 24845 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.02] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Suffering
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2020, 03:44:02 pm »

Whoops, uploaded a fix.

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2020, 10:16:18 am »

Do you know what is causing this mod to crash? I've been playing with some of your other mods just fine and as soon as I installed this one it begins crashing on worldgen.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2020, 02:27:17 pm »

Not really, I've been having consistent worldgen crashes regardless of mod - apparently other modders have had similar issues - seems to happen more often on larger worlds or with more civs, so I'd guess its more the new worldgen stuff acting up than anything that can be fixed on the raws end (didnt have issues with 44.12 genning even with the updated rawset so thats why I'm guessing its something on the game's end rather than a raw issue).

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.02] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Necromorph Invasion
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2020, 08:07:20 am »

Necromorph addon is out - main body of it are the two new invader groups - one are simply called Necromorphs, and are the main humanoid necromorphs you'd see in the series (alongside a few concept art variants), and the other are labeled Alien Necromorphs, consisting of the DS3 alien necros (minus the Medusas and the Nexus), the DS3: Awakened versions of the Pack and Stalkers, and many more concept art variants to fill in some of the gaps (as a friend put it, many of the early concept art necromorphs do not look like they were people at any point, so there's some plausible deniability as to them being perhaps various escaped and necromorphized specimens brought by races like the Grays or Aliens). Essentially, regular Necromorphs are more varied in their functioning, whereas the Alien Necromorphs are much more brute-force oriented.

There are also a bunch of wild necromorphs, found primarily underground (with the Snow Beast being found in savage arctic regions) and a handful of megabeast variants - i.e the Nexus, the Hive Mind, the Slug, or the mobile game boss (called the "Monstrosity" here).

Most necromorphs have bacterial nodules that serve as thought body parts - damaging them may kill the creature (or knock it unconscious), though obviously some of the variants have more than one (they're stand-ins for the glowing yellow tissue one sees in the games on necromorphs like the Brutes) - all would have to be damaged to put the necromorph down. Bleeding out through massive dismemberment also works (though it may take a bit longer, as they bleed less than most other creatures) - and of course pulping the torsos/lower bodies also works.

No markers yet, atleast until I find a proper gimmick for them - thought of making them immobile underground creatures with full-map range reanimation that doesnt require a line of sight, turning appropriate creature corpses into varying Necromorph types, and stressing out citizens every once in a while, essentially being a constant nuisance until found and destroyed, but I figured that may be a bit too dickish, so we'll see.

Hope you guys enjoy it, took way too long to come out with this.

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2020, 12:37:14 pm »

Definitely a good add-on. Can't wait to get utterly massacred by them. If I could make a request, Maybe add The Corruption (Wiki name for it) As a third cavern layer plant?

Also trying to spawn the Malefactor Noosemen and Infena in the arena seems to consistently crash the game.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:45:55 pm by Kingra »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2020, 12:45:00 pm »

Don't really know what thats about - I just fired up arena mode and spawned both of them without crashing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]