Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Arms Race: Embassy  (Read 29614 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Embassy
« Reply #315 on: June 13, 2018, 07:30:33 am »

Wandering over to take a glance at salt(which, yeah, I can see has not diminished, so Im gonna be wandering off again), which is when I came across this gem.

"First is the M1944 Anti-Materiel Rifle, a bolt-action rifle loosely adapted from the M1913 which is chambered for .50 caliber Muerte rounds."
So, noone remembers that the Muerte used .25 cal rounds, initially developed for a bolt action, 5-round-magazine fed rifle? Which also appears to be more accurate than its replacement? What happened, was the rum replaced with arrak or some such silly drink when it came time to work on this in addittion to a 1 being rolled?

Note, this isint me laughing at it being called anti-material, the case used by that ammo was 3"x.5"... Which was ofcourse noted about two turns after it had been developed, but still.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 13, 2018, 07:46:49 am »

Wandering over to take a glance at salt(which, yeah, I can see has not diminished, so Im gonna be wandering off again), which is when I came across this gem.

"First is the M1944 Anti-Materiel Rifle, a bolt-action rifle loosely adapted from the M1913 which is chambered for .50 caliber Muerte rounds."
So, noone remembers that the Muerte used .25 cal rounds, initially developed for a bolt action, 5-round-magazine fed rifle? Which also appears to be more accurate than its replacement? What happened, was the rum replaced with arrak or some such silly drink when it came time to work on this in addittion to a 1 being rolled?

Note, this isint me laughing at it being called anti-material, the case used by that ammo was 3"x.5"... Which was ofcourse noted about two turns after it had been developed, but still.

Muerte is listed using 50 cal rounds.
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 13, 2018, 08:27:02 am »

It was designed to use .25 BRC, and was at the end of the pirate-suishieater arms race. When did *that* change?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 13, 2018, 12:16:10 pm »

It was designed to use .25 BRC, and was at the end of the pirate-suishieater arms race. When did *that* change?

Don't ask me, I was originally designing new cartridge, but then I saw that Muerte was using .50 so I so reduce difficulty I went with it.
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 20, 2018, 02:04:09 am »

NFPP TO SEEK MEMBERSHIP IN FIP AFTER SHOCK COMMUNIST VICTORY
Earlier today the NFPP made the shock announcement to request membership in the FIP today after last month's shock communist victory in parliament. While party officials have declined to comment, rumours about of the party being in talks, with reports possible policy changes being considered within the NFPP as a result, are numerous, and regular party meetings are held as news flows down from the party's leadership. FSG presence at these meetings are high, mirroring the air of uncertainty that flows over forenia at the current time.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 01, 2018, 11:15:15 am »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]