Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Dominions 5 Round 503 - Semi-nationgen disciples  (Read 19214 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 503 - Semi-nationgen disciples
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2018, 10:40:57 am »

And then 2v1 once I crush you under my decaying boot.  :P
Bold talk for someone who wears sandals with socks.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2018, 10:42:54 am »

Given that I'm not the one struggling to invade someone who doesn't even submit a turn half the time, I think I can afford a little boldness.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2018, 08:36:12 am »

I'm away from my computer and won't be able to get to it in time, could I have an extension until tomorrow?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2018, 09:29:43 am »

Next turn IS tommorow, but whatever. Pushed by 24 hours.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:33:21 am by MCreeper »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2018, 12:36:05 pm »

I obviously meant I was going to miss the previous turn. Which I did. Thanks anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2018, 06:19:37 pm »

Can I get a 24 hour extension? I am not feeling particularly coherent at the moment and I worry about getting the turn in on time tomorrow.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2018, 06:37:46 am »

Ha I actually did 2 turns in a row.

I dread opening the turns after i missed a turn, expecting every province to be pillaged, but I return to the strong arms of the undead overlord carrying me.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2018, 06:39:08 am »

Can I get a 24 hour extension? I am not feeling particularly coherent at the moment and I worry about getting the turn in on time tomorrow.
Extension granted, yep.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2018, 03:28:50 pm »

God damned cowards. We had it, and then they ran. I'm picking an undead nation next. >:(
Congrats to Karlito, though.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2018, 04:16:59 pm »

Think you hit the HP auto route. If you're going to skellyspam, don't have normal troops.

Also, wow.

(Those are all assassins)

Thanks for telegraphing the impending gang bang, I guess.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:19:20 pm by Karlito »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2018, 05:44:43 pm »

Longdead: Stop the skulking filth!
*Spidan assassin flies away*x8
At least it was an acceptable amount that got caught. Next turn will be interesting.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2018, 06:54:44 am »

4v1.2 lets go...

but slow, i need a 18 h or so extension.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2018, 08:43:51 am »

That was interesting, and I considered it acceptable that 8 out of 8 got caught.

Hm...revenge of the pd, or maybe soulless warriors are just that bad.

So that raptor mercenary group had a command called "fly attack" it doesn't seem to be an option and I can save it to the clipboard to paste onto my other troops. Anyone have any idea what it does differently then normal attack? or is it something silly like they will always fly into the air between attacks? That cant be it, the squad stays on the ground and even walks to its next target that is 1 tile away. I guess I'll apply it to several of my melee troops and see how it goes.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:16:06 pm by etgfrog »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2018, 09:29:28 am »

So that raptor mercenary group had a command called "fly attack" it doesn't seem to be an option and I can save it to the clipboard to paste onto my other troops. Anyone have any idea what it does differently then normal attack? or is it something silly like they will always fly into the air between attacks? That cant be it, the squad stays on the ground and even walks to its next target that is 1 tile away. I guess I'll apply it to several of my melee troops and see how it goes.

If it does have different behavior that you can gain even a marginal advantage from, it should be considered an exploit and you should stop doing it. I suppose there's no way to know other than to test it out though.
In prior versions of Dominions there was a similar exploit with the wandering group of heroes, Bogus et. al. If you mind-controlled the archer character you could copy his "Fire Commanders" order onto your other troops, the advantages of which should be obvious.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2018, 04:38:11 pm »

If it does have different behavior that you can gain even a marginal advantage from, it should be considered an exploit and you should stop doing it. I suppose there's no way to know other than to test it out though.
Ok, fair enough point that I shouldn't be testing it out in a multiplayer game, it is fairly repeatable, just need to wait for that merc group to show up. There has been a few bugs that has been popped up, like starvation not disappearing even after 6 turns.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10