Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fledgling Gods [9/9] - Round 3  (Read 5336 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Fledgling Gods [9/9] - Round 2
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2018, 05:21:21 am »

[1] Approach Jara

"Hail friend and know no fear. Your hope, your desire to aid, has brought you to my attention. I Sadal, desire to aid you in your plight to ease the burdens of this dreary world. The revolution begins and ends with the people's hope. Be the seed of that hope, madame-comrade."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2018, 08:04:46 am »

Again, grant Foresight(4) to Octavian, less specific but pertaining to a greater variety of things, ways in which he can make smaller but reliable profits to bring himself to a point where he may begin to act upon larger plans. Maybe it wouldn't quite be "foresight", per se, but an enhanced business sense.
Also, foresight that helps him to realize that by doing all this I'm expending a lot of power as a new god, and may be unable to help him in this manner for a while.

Additionally, try to create a "Message" ability. Basically a watered-down version of Approach, with a restricted amount of speech and clarity of source, but also able to be done for free. I don't need to make a whole speech, just occasional tips and advice.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:19:36 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2018, 10:14:24 am »

Fles smiled a devious grin. Now we're talking...

Fles invokes Approach [1] on Ed Nes:

"It is not an unreasonable suspicion. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Fortunately it shall be fairly easy to prove that at the very least I am not your brother. Would he really be able to speak to you anywhere you go, without anyone else hearing? The second flaw with the theory of your brother trying a trick on you is of course his motivation. He has no motivation for such an action. Why would he do something without motivation? Why would he demean himself in such a manner? And how would he even know you came here?"

"As for proving I'm a god, that's a little trickier. That will come with time, once I have grown in power and demonstrated more of my abilities. For now, know my name. I am Fles, god of conspiracies and illusions. Rise, First Weaver Ed Nes, and let me discuss what you will need to do to claim your desired place."

"Your goal, and correct me if I'm wrong, is to inherit the Nes estate, yes? When you have a goal, it may be helpful to create a list of obstacles that interfere with that goal. First, you will not inherit the estate if your brother is still alive, or at the very least sane. Secondly, even if your brother is removed, Rodrick might adopt someone outside the family simply because he dislikes you. Finally, of course, there's societal suspicion. If you inherit the estate but it's obvious you poisoned your father and brother, for example, it's unlikely you will survive."

"You should know that the aid of others is paramount to overcoming these and all other obstacles. It may seem odd that I'm asking you to trust other people. I'm not. I'm asking you to trust other people to work for their own self-interest. For example, with regards to the poison example, you could have a maid poison the food for you in exchange for becoming the head maid when you take power. People are eager to take power when it's offered to them, even when they have to give up something in exchange."

"That is your first task. I am a god of conspiracies, am I not? Find some others in a lowly position who seek power. And enlist them into your Weave."
~~~
Fles also attempts to create an ability: Detect Aligning Interests [3]: Select one mortal and grant them the ability to sense people whose goals and interests align with them, at a close range.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2018, 10:39:53 am »

Approach on Navramli:

"Hello. It's me. It's good to see a fellow crafter.

However, I am an extremely new god. In fact, your worship alone is preventing me from fading. So I ask this: when you are finished your masterwork, show it to the other dwarven smiths, carpenters, and makers of all distinction, and tell them this story."

[2] Create ability: Inspire
Inspire a mortal to create or help create a one word item such as "sword" or "painting". It doesn't have to be a physical item, so "play" or "cult" work as well.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 01:31:50 pm by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2018, 12:51:13 pm »

Approach (-1) Evan Reeves

”Why your little association is now finally starting to expand, but if you want it to truly be considered prosperous your going to follow my instruction. First off, get the cultees to make sure that the God of Prophecy, is the Eye God of the Mind, a master of intelligence and always watching them during their hardships and struggles... and their betrayals. The god that you are following, is X’arilyg the ever-watcher, which is the entity speaking to you, in essence make sure they are consciously directing their thoughts to myself.

Now to expand the “association”, your going to need to send the cultist followers to bring family and friends to your rituals to see that their is an ever-watcher of their hardships and expanding the people, recruiting from fellow peasant to the commonfolk. What you need to do is convinced one of the village leaders, a person with influence, to start joining your cult. Leave the “incentive” to this entity you just need to speak about how your know the village leader (closest one near to your cave) had a dream of ruin in where a drought on his farmlands arrive and the Baron taxes become higher and he can not pay the return, forcing to have his fellow villagers, family and friend to be sold slavery and even the collapse of his village due to the Baron. Than tell him about that an association to a god that you know, the God of Prophecy and the Mind knew about this dream and requires your assistance to make sure his village doesn’t become ruined.

Launch a Brief Dream (-4) into the nearby Village Leader

“The Village Leader begins his sleep into his REM sleep, the brief dream starts with an ever-burning sun that goes to all the crops of the village but no rain, the scene changes to his fellow people suffering from malnutrition and than the tax collected arrives with his horse and guards, claiming the bushels of food for this village is under-meeting expectations and now must pay double the bushels because of it. In the end, his entire village is burned by the Baron’s soldiers for not providing the bushels and his villagers forcibly  put into jailed carriages for forced labor and in the skies a giant eyeball is staring to him.”

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2018, 03:25:55 pm »

Mu uses Grant Minor Ability to give Rykan Approach

Mu lets out a hearty laugh that resounds through the young mages mind, filling it with warmth and courage, "Young Rykan, I can see the seeds of wisdom germinating in your fertile soul. You are correct, you are young and full of promise, but you have yet to bloom into your full potential. Mortals can only see what is, but I dear Rykan, can see what will be. And I can see you will be strong. That is the thing about strength Rykan, if you are strong, they will listen. I will help you grow strong, and they will listen. I grant you my blessing, and you will be able to speak to others as I speak to you now. If they will not listen to your voice, they will listen to your power.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2018, 03:41:26 pm »

Eekokarn was a bit surprised to discover that Amed Ward had correctly identified that what he heard was a god. Even Eekokarn didn't consider itself a god in its current form. Amed wasn't in need of immediate aid and it would take him some time to figure things out. Eekokarn had some time to focus on other things. Perhaps other people, or simply the things that happen in this world. Information was needed.

The only people who had caught its attention so far was a pair of bards, but they didn't have any obvious affinity towards technology and ambition. Attempting to interact with them would likely just be a waste of time and mana. Or worse.

This left Eekokarn with little to do except wait. As previous spoken though, Progress begins with someone saying there has to be a better way to do this. Like Amed, Eekokarn would also do some spending to find a better way to do things, and would now attempt to create a new ability. It would be called "Learn Ambition". It tied in with the domain of Ambition perfectly, and slightly uses Approach as a template in the sense that it directly connects to a mortal. This power would tell Eekokarn all about what a mortal aspires for, and how strong that aspiration is. 5 mana would be dedicated to the creation of this ability.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2018, 01:13:37 pm »

I'm going to wait and see if Janice encounters someone.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2018, 02:56:35 pm »

PTW and putting a god down in the waitlist

Name: Sin Imperije
Domain: Bureaucracy, Zeal
Appearance: Sin Imperije appears every bit a greedy tax collector plump and well dressed. In his right hand is often a sack of currency and in his left a sheaf of forms ever growing. His face an ever present grin displaying prominently a single gold tooth amongst otherwise perfect teeth.
Connection: Carl Von Leutendorf a son of minor nobility Carl has not taken kindly to his new role as a administrator in one of the cities many Burroughs kindly. However his endless groans of frustration at his work have attracted the attention of Sin Imperije

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2018, 06:51:43 pm »

I deeply regret missing this, since Chief's games are always top of the line quality. PTw  nevertheless, along with a god.

Name: Ismises
Domain: Night & Wonder
Appearance: A loosely contained shimmering aurora.
Connection: A traveling reveler named Josip.

RIP Arks Race

Avanti!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2018, 08:33:35 pm »

So... Is this game still a thing?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Fledgling Gods [9/9] - Round 3
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2018, 08:20:46 pm »

Round 3
    Pretty Much Still the Beginnings

((Note: Minor change+clarification to mana income -- you get mana via directed energy via mortals, whether they're doing this consciously [most easily done via praying] or unconsciously. The less effort they devote, the less mana you gain, and the less "directed" the energy is to you, the less mana you gain. A cult of people worshiping your domain that was started indirectly by you won't get you the "standard" prayer mana amount of +1/follower, as they aren't directly worshiping you. Etc. etc.))

People go about their lives. Gods go about their business, largely unaware of or uncaring of these fledgling entities that have entered their realms.

[1] Approach Jara

"Hail friend and know no fear. Your hope, your desire to aid, has brought you to my attention. I Sadal, desire to aid you in your plight to ease the burdens of this dreary world. The revolution begins and ends with the people's hope. Be the seed of that hope, madame-comrade."
    [-1]: Approach

To the normal mortal, Lady Jara seems to be unphased by what appears to be the presence of a divine being.
    But even a fledgling god can realize how shaken she is by this. Yet her spirit endures, and she speaks back.
    "You are the one who granted me the will to help my people, were you not? Then can you not help me further?" She sits down -- largely to be able to focus more on keeping her composure instead of standing. "I will endeavor further to give my workers and people the hope that you gave me. It is not easy, but I will not give up."

Lady Jara continues to help her people. But their lives are each filled with hardship. To regain hope while so devastated is truly a tremendous task. Yet they gradually do. Lady Jara ultimately truly inspires 2 people who begin helping her in her effort to make the brothel a better place.
    Their hope, channeled through Jara, ultimately serve as a weaker form of prayer to you despite their lack of awareness of your existence. You gain +[1]/round.

Spoiler: Sadal (click to show/hide)

Fles smiled a devious grin. Now we're talking...

Fles invokes Approach [1] on Ed Nes:

"It is not an unreasonable suspicion. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Fortunately it shall be fairly easy to prove that at the very least I am not your brother. Would he really be able to speak to you anywhere you go, without anyone else hearing? The second flaw with the theory of your brother trying a trick on you is of course his motivation. He has no motivation for such an action. Why would he do something without motivation? Why would he demean himself in such a manner? And how would he even know you came here?"

"As for proving I'm a god, that's a little trickier. That will come with time, once I have grown in power and demonstrated more of my abilities. For now, know my name. I am Fles, god of conspiracies and illusions. Rise, First Weaver Ed Nes, and let me discuss what you will need to do to claim your desired place."

"Your goal, and correct me if I'm wrong, is to inherit the Nes estate, yes? When you have a goal, it may be helpful to create a list of obstacles that interfere with that goal. First, you will not inherit the estate if your brother is still alive, or at the very least sane. Secondly, even if your brother is removed, Rodrick might adopt someone outside the family simply because he dislikes you. Finally, of course, there's societal suspicion. If you inherit the estate but it's obvious you poisoned your father and brother, for example, it's unlikely you will survive."

"You should know that the aid of others is paramount to overcoming these and all other obstacles. It may seem odd that I'm asking you to trust other people. I'm not. I'm asking you to trust other people to work for their own self-interest. For example, with regards to the poison example, you could have a maid poison the food for you in exchange for becoming the head maid when you take power. People are eager to take power when it's offered to them, even when they have to give up something in exchange."

"That is your first task. I am a god of conspiracies, am I not? Find some others in a lowly position who seek power. And enlist them into your Weave."
    ~~~
    Fles also attempts to create an ability: Detect Aligning Interests [3]: Select one mortal and grant them the ability to sense people whose goals and interests align with them, at a close range.

Power is a motivating reward, and Ed Nes understands this well.
    Motivated by Fles' words, he makes his moves.

Eventually, three lowly servants are recruited into the conspiracy. They all have regular tasks around the estate, and with promises of greater power they (seem to, according to Ed) pledge to secrecy and service to Edward. Ed's paranoia prevents the recruitment of more or telling them at all about his new god, but they seem reliable enough tools.
    Edward spends most of his days plotting in the same room where he first encountered Fles. None of his family finds this suspicious, because none of them really stay updated on his whereabouts.

[-3] mana is channeled into creating the ability of Detect Aligning Interests.
    Mortals for the most part have simple minds focused on simple things. It just takes a bit of delving into them to see where their true loyalties and ambitions lie. As this is key to any proper conspiracy, Fles has little trouble shaping the ability. Though the ability does end up costing a bit more than expected.
    New Ability: [-4] Detect Aligning Interests. Grant a mortal the ability to sense those with aligning interests & goals in a short radius around them for one round.

Spoiler: Fles (click to show/hide)

Approach on Navramli:

"Hello. It's me. It's good to see a fellow crafter.

However, I am an extremely new god. In fact, your worship alone is preventing me from fading. So I ask this: when you are finished your masterwork, show it to the other dwarven smiths, carpenters, and makers of all distinction, and tell them this story."

[2] Create ability: Inspire
    Inspire a mortal to create or help create a one word item such as "sword" or "painting". It doesn't have to be a physical item, so "play" or "cult" work as well.
    [-1]: Inspire

Navramli falls to his knees. Of course! Of course he'll do that! Gladly!
    The presence of a god means Blazbrand must be destined for greatness. It must mean that. It must. He continues work at a feverish pace, and will continue the masterwork next round.

Kel spends the rest of their time this round pouring mana into the creation of a new ability: Inspire. It's closely linked to the god's domains, yet not to their current abilities. This makes maintaining control of the intensity of the ability harder, which combined with a bit of unluck...
    New Ability: [-6] Inspire. Inspires a single mortal with a very fervent urge to make a one-word specified creation.

Spoiler: Kel (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Kilojoule Proton
    [nothing]

With Sarra's enchanted voice gone, she finds it harder to enjoy the same life she briefly had.
    She spends most of her time practicing, praying, and talking with Edmund. Edmund notices that there's something very different about her but he spends his time helping her practice. He also notices the praying to an unknown god, but he shrugs this off.

Spoiler: Wafna (click to show/hide)

Eekokarn was a bit surprised to discover that Amed Ward had correctly identified that what he heard was a god. Even Eekokarn didn't consider itself a god in its current form. Amed wasn't in need of immediate aid and it would take him some time to figure things out. Eekokarn had some time to focus on other things. Perhaps other people, or simply the things that happen in this world. Information was needed.

The only people who had caught its attention so far was a pair of bards, but they didn't have any obvious affinity towards technology and ambition. Attempting to interact with them would likely just be a waste of time and mana. Or worse.

This left Eekokarn with little to do except wait. As previous spoken though, Progress begins with someone saying there has to be a better way to do this. Like Amed, Eekokarn would also do some spending to find a better way to do things, and would now attempt to create a new ability. It would be called "Learn Ambition". It tied in with the domain of Ambition perfectly, and slightly uses Approach as a template in the sense that it directly connects to a mortal. This power would tell Eekokarn all about what a mortal aspires for, and how strong that aspiration is. 5 mana would be dedicated to the creation of this ability.

While the fledgling god Eekokarn occupies themselves with other matters, Amed Ward gets busy. Sure, a god or god-like being could simply gaze over the town and the mortals within, but that lacks... something. Simply flying over a town won't tell you much about it. Simply hearing every mortal talking (not that a god as minor as Eekokarn could expand their awareness that far) won't tell you anything about them. And of course, this would all be from the god's outsider point of view.

But Amed gets deep into things. If he's to succeed, he has to know what he's dealing with.
    Haford is a huge city. Full of activity and goings-on that are too much for many gods and definitely one mortal to understand or witness all at once. Despite this, Amed gets a good read of the generals. Trade with a nearby Dwarven fortress is just beginning as the local dwarves become less antisocial and as materials from human-run mines begin to falter. Something particularly interesting is the encroaching nation of Neverdawn. Through trade and diplomacy (and some say divine influence) Haford has been able to stay an independent city state with negligible ties to larger entities. Yet a large conquering nation may have set their eyes on Haford. Talk spreads about the possibility of Haford preparing for war, though a large number of people say it's hopeless and that they should just promptly surrender if invaded.
    Amed meets lots of people during his investigation, but no one particularly interesting or.. convert-able, gained his notice.

All the while, Eekokarn prepares the spell "Learn Ambition", expanding [-5] mana to do so.
    Considering his domain and existing knowledge of peering into mortal minds, this is a trivial matter. Combined with the mana spent, it's practically done before it begins.
    New ability gained: [2] Learn Ambition: Learn the ambitions and their relative strengths that brew in a mortal's mind. Some particularly well-mentally-equipped mortals may be able to consciously or subconsciously shield themselves from this.

Spoiler: Eekokarn (click to show/hide)

Approach (-1) Evan Reeves

”Why your little association is now finally starting to expand, but if you want it to truly be considered prosperous your going to follow my instruction. First off, get the cultees to make sure that the God of Prophecy, is the Eye God of the Mind, a master of intelligence and always watching them during their hardships and struggles... and their betrayals. The god that you are following, is X’arilyg the ever-watcher, which is the entity speaking to you, in essence make sure they are consciously directing their thoughts to myself.

Now to expand the “association”, your going to need to send the cultist followers to bring family and friends to your rituals to see that their is an ever-watcher of their hardships and expanding the people, recruiting from fellow peasant to the commonfolk. What you need to do is convinced one of the village leaders, a person with influence, to start joining your cult. Leave the “incentive” to this entity you just need to speak about how your know the village leader (closest one near to your cave) had a dream of ruin in where a drought on his farmlands arrive and the Baron taxes become higher and he can not pay the return, forcing to have his fellow villagers, family and friend to be sold slavery and even the collapse of his village due to the Baron. Than tell him about that an association to a god that you know, the God of Prophecy and the Mind knew about this dream and requires your assistance to make sure his village doesn’t become ruined.

Launch a Brief Dream (-4) into the nearby Village Leader

“The Village Leader begins his sleep into his REM sleep, the brief dream starts with an ever-burning sun that goes to all the crops of the village but no rain, the scene changes to his fellow people suffering from malnutrition and than the tax collected arrives with his horse and guards, claiming the bushels of food for this village is under-meeting expectations and now must pay double the bushels because of it. In the end, his entire village is burned by the Baron’s soldiers for not providing the bushels and his villagers forcibly  put into jailed carriages for forced labor and in the skies a giant eyeball is staring to him.”
    [-4]: Brief Dream

Karl Nan woke up in a sweat.
    The village! What was happening?!
    This raced through his mind as he jumped out of his ramshackle bed and looked out the window (which was considered a luxury in Dirthill). Nothing. But something felt off. Even as its de-facto leader, he never cared too much for Dirthill. Sure, he met with some people and talked to some villagers but nothing that... major. Yet Karl Nan felt an intense fear for the fate of this village. And a paranoia of nearby Haford. He expects to see something in the night sky, but it isn't there. Strange. He could have sworn that... something, was there.
    He went back to bed. More worried than before.

The next day Evan Reeves continues to fervently listen to X'arilyg's instructions. He tells his two followers of a great "eye in the sky", master of prophecy, intelligence and the mind; that was always watching through hardship, struggles, and betrayers. It is this somewhat-truthful reveal that allows X'arilyg to gain [+2] mana now and continuing in the future from their worship, though the new god feels that even somewhat-misleading worship may not be the best idea as they gain more followers.

After this and a nice quick fervent bowing and praying session to the Eye God of Prophecy, Reeves makes his way to the village of Dirthill. His and his cult's home. Reeves hasn't met the village leader before. Tends to be a fairly reclusive fellow who keeps to his own business. More so a leader of tradition rather than of, well, leadership. But his hut is perhaps the "best" building in the village, so he's easy to locate.
    A knock on the door reveals a suspicious Karl Nan. Whose suspicion grows significantly stronger as Reeves starts going into detail about his cult. But Nan remembers this. Like if he saw it before. The final straw is the mentioning of the Eye. Suddenly, Nan knows. This is what he must do if he is to prevent Haford from ruining his village.

Karl Nan isn't impressed by the cave that the cult resides in, but he feels a connection to it. He's not particularly strong of will or of any real note spiritually, X'arilyg detects, but his connections will of course help. Along with a nice [+1] mana brought in by this new follower.

Spoiler: X'arilyg (click to show/hide)

Mu uses Grant Minor Ability to give Rykan Approach

Mu lets out a hearty laugh that resounds through the young mages mind, filling it with warmth and courage, "Young Rykan, I can see the seeds of wisdom germinating in your fertile soul. You are correct, you are young and full of promise, but you have yet to bloom into your full potential. Mortals can only see what is, but I dear Rykan, can see what will be. And I can see you will be strong. That is the thing about strength Rykan, if you are strong, they will listen. I will help you grow strong, and they will listen. I grant you my blessing, and you will be able to speak to others as I speak to you now. If they will not listen to your voice, they will listen to your power.
    ((I realize I forgot to mention some balance things. Grant Minor Ability costs the granted ability's cost in maintenance every turn it's active, and mortals can only stand so many granted abilities at a time, based on those abilities' intensities and the mortal's willpower, wisdom, etc.. Finally, mortals can only use the given power once a turn, but you can give them a higher "spell count" by just multiplying the ability's cost by how many times you want them to be able to cast it in a single turn. Approach three times would be 4 + 1x3, for a maintenance of 1x3 per roound. You can make retroactive changes to the Grant Minor Ability action if you wish.))
    [-(4+1)]: Grant Minor Ability (Approach)

Mu can sense that Rykan is barely able to hold in his excitement. He has been blessed by a god who has seen his true potential. He believes in Mu's message. He believes in himself, and his future.

Rykan feels something new within himself as he is granted Approach.  He is aware of its limitations, how to use it, and more. It all comes intuitively to him. He remains staring at himself in awe for almost a minute after it is done. But he eventually regains his full composure, and hatches a plan.
    He has one use of Approach for now, but he will use it well. A former associate apprentice, with a somewhat unique lust for power. Similar to Rykan in many ways, and Rykan knows this. He can't awe the greater wizards with his divine power just yet, but he can turn the younger ones such as her to his side.

Approach is tactically used to show her the power that Rykan has been granted by a god, and to promise similar power to herself if she joins him. She immediately accepts, even before Rykan expects her to.
    Mu feels the [+1] mana flow into themselves. The new mage is ambitious and somewhat talented, but overall her mental abilities are still in line enough with the average mortal to give the standard mana amount in worship. But she does have the capability for magic. And this isn't something any regular ol' mortal follower can provide.
    In his prayer that night, Rykan attempts to communicate to you that he knows of about five more inexperienced mages that could be swayed. Approach would probably be enough, but to Rykan that just feels... inefficient. There has to be a better way of doing this?

Spoiler: Mu (click to show/hide)

Again, grant Foresight(4) to Octavian, less specific but pertaining to a greater variety of things, ways in which he can make smaller but reliable profits to bring himself to a point where he may begin to act upon larger plans. Maybe it wouldn't quite be "foresight", per se, but an enhanced business sense.
    Also, foresight that helps him to realize that by doing all this I'm expending a lot of power as a new god, and may be unable to help him in this manner for a while.

Additionally, try to create a "Message" ability. Basically a watered-down version of Approach, with a restricted amount of speech and clarity of source, but also able to be done for free. I don't need to make a whole speech, just occasional tips and advice.

[-4]: Foresight

Octavian awakens the next morning to find that sense of foresight once again blessing his mind. He knows the source, and he knows not to waste it.

Small amounts of profit are made at every possible turn. Short transactions. Moving from vendor to vendor, and organizing tiny shipments throughout the town. Octavian would normally feel, in a sense, ashamed of himself for stooping to such a low level. But he feels a renewed sense of purpose. A few people begin talking about the merchant with uncanny abilities of prediction.
    Eventually the merchant has enough gold to organize for a small shipment of silver. Demand is already increasing as some of the shrewder merchants also make the realization that the mine would soon cease supply. But none have the same confidence in this prediction as Octavian does. It's this confidence combined with his tiny amount of fame that allows Octavian to convince another -- Gabriel Uam -- to join his caravan.

The caravan is unguarded other than Octavian and Gabriel, but with Octavian's last bit of foresight, he does his research and believes to have found a mostly deserted path that their small wagon can traverse to the silver mine and back. They make the final preparations, then set off.
    The night before their departure, you feel [+1] mana coming from another source. Gabriel. Told about your existence by Octavian, he has begun praying to you as well in hopes of sharing the gifts given to Octavian. +1 Follower.

You spend time while observing Grey and his companion to try and create a new ability, formed from ambient mana with nothing invested by yourself.
    This... does not go tremendously well. But the subject matter of the new ability is fairly simple, and the resulting ability seems to still have use.
    New Ability: Direct. Utilizing the strong connection between any Important Follower and yourself, you can send a vague sense of direction to an Important Follower for no mana cost.

Spoiler: The Faceless Prince (click to show/hide)

I'm going to wait and see if Janice encounters someone.

Ugunsupkis sits back in their proverbial divine seating as they observe Janice.

She meets a variety of people in her day-to-day life, though she tends to spend more time alone than not. She has fellow woodsmen that she encounters frequently, and occasionally makes a trip to Haford with goods to sell through riding with a friend (well, the closest thing to a friend that Janice is generally comfortable/happy with). She's just meeting this friend as Ugunsupkis feels the dawn of a new [round].

Spoiler: Ugunsupkis (click to show/hide)
    [/list][/list]
    Quote from: RAM
    You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • Also known as the Chroniqler
      • View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: November 23, 2018, 06:38:29 pm »

A simple Approach to Gabriel, thanking him for his worship and the additional power it grants me, and informing him that while I cannot grant any additional foresight at the moment, I will be able to do so soon.

Meanwhile, Direct Octavian to be prudent in the time I cannot give him foresight myself.
    Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
    Glass is, as usual, correct.
    Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
    I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: November 24, 2018, 03:27:55 pm »

Hm. Fles was annoyed. A conspiracy of only three people? That wouldn't do for his First Weaver. So he decided to make it easier to find conspirators...

Fles invokes Detect Aligning Interests on Ed Nes to boost his ability to find people he can... somewhat... trust. And let him verify who he already recruited.
    Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • If you wait long enough, it moves.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: November 24, 2018, 04:05:42 pm »

Approach [x2]: Reveal self to the two helped by Jara, saying that their effort has not gone unnoticed and that in time, their actions will be rewarded.
    Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
    You win Nakeen
    Marduk is my waifu
    Inanna is my husbando
    Pages: 1 2 [3] 4