Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night (Legacy Thread)  (Read 127731 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 2.1
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2020, 08:07:36 pm »

had some Bugs/Troubles with Fext too, in 8~9 tested Worlds the same 2 things that bother me

It seems that ALL Female Fext are only Homosexual and Males are only Hetero, not a single one that has another inclination (asexual Omegas aside)
thou Worldgen doesn´t seem to care as they multiply fine outside my Fortresses.

And they never seem to have Factory Worms, Gigants seem to consistently lack them too
the one or other Settlement seems to have 2~5 but i could never Start with or Trade for them

and a minor thing, my 2 Adventurer where unable to Breath but still drowned .... thou thats probably less from your Mod than just DF Fun

Grettings form Germany and Awsome Mod :D

edit: isn´t rusted Metal, Slag and Concreet all Flux Stone? at least it reads like that for me

Thanks for the bug reports, I'll try to fix that stuff in upcoming versions. Those things definitely shouldn't be happening, so I'll try and figure out why that is going on.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

lunaman22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2020, 12:23:40 pm »

Really enjoy your mod as an idea, the concept seems pretty good, but it's practically unplayable.
It's very laggy, and opening the caves makes it much worse even if there are only 1~10 creatures in there. Even with fastdwarf 1, the pawns end up moving as slow as they'd move if fastdwarf wasn't enabled at all, even slower. You can feel the lag with button presses too, since there's a noticeable delay when pressing up or down or any button for that matter. It's not because my PC is trash because it works perfectly with normal df and it only lags at around 150~200 dwarves.

There is also an issue where sometimes for like a day or two the pawns just refuse to do any job at all, which is pretty strange, but it ends quickly.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2020, 01:14:27 pm »

Really enjoy your mod as an idea, the concept seems pretty good, but it's practically unplayable.
It's very laggy, and opening the caves makes it much worse even if there are only 1~10 creatures in there. Even with fastdwarf 1, the pawns end up moving as slow as they'd move if fastdwarf wasn't enabled at all, even slower. You can feel the lag with button presses too, since there's a noticeable delay when pressing up or down or any button for that matter. It's not because my PC is trash because it works perfectly with normal df and it only lags at around 150~200 dwarves.

There is also an issue where sometimes for like a day or two the pawns just refuse to do any job at all, which is pretty strange, but it ends quickly.

Did you do anything besides install the files found in the download link? If you're using something like DFhack or the LNP I cannot guarantee it will work correctly. If you are just using it as given then please let me know and I'll try and figure out what's wrong.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

lunaman22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2020, 01:33:48 pm »

Only thing is using basic dfhack. Hope that's not the issue though, dfhack's really useful.

lunaman22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2020, 01:35:12 pm »

Gonna try a run without dfhack to see if it's still laggy.

lunaman22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2020, 04:53:08 pm »

I think I see why the pawns refuse to do things. They seem to become unfocused very quickly. I'm playing as neo-human and I started a fortress. In one month, every neohuman was unfocused due to unmet needs, being away from people, not being able to acquire something and so on. I'm not sure if you even changed anything about focus needs, but I don't seem to have this issue in normal dwarf fortress.

lunaman22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2020, 07:31:44 pm »

Other than the pawns refusing to work sometimes, it's not lagging at all. Guess fourth time's the charm...

What do 3d printers do? I can see reactions to 3d print bullets and such in the code but I can't tell what races use them. Neo-humans don't as far as I can see.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2020, 03:27:35 am »

I think I see why the pawns refuse to do things. They seem to become unfocused very quickly. I'm playing as neo-human and I started a fortress. In one month, every neohuman was unfocused due to unmet needs, being away from people, not being able to acquire something and so on. I'm not sure if you even changed anything about focus needs, but I don't seem to have this issue in normal dwarf fortress.

Weird, that definitely shouldn't be happening, I'll check it out soon.

Other than the pawns refusing to work sometimes, it's not lagging at all. Guess fourth time's the charm...

What do 3d printers do? I can see reactions to 3d print bullets and such in the code but I can't tell what races use them. Neo-humans don't as far as I can see.

3d printers are for adventure mode, in fort mode they don't do much, you just make your items the normal way.

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 2.5
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2020, 04:07:53 pm »

Was trying to add 4 gauge rounds & slugs to ADV MODE by copying the entries for both 6 gauge types. Made sure I also did this for the raws in save/Region1, but still not appearing. What have I messed up?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2020, 08:50:45 pm »

Was trying to add 4 gauge rounds & slugs to ADV MODE by copying the entries for both 6 gauge types. Made sure I also did this for the raws in save/Region1, but still not appearing. What have I messed up?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't think these sorts of edits will affect a pre-existing save, my bad. Next version will have all slug levels craftable in vanilla.

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2020, 09:38:05 pm »

It's a fairly young adventurer, and most time was spent not knowing how to acquire nanotechne chunks. XD

Loving your mods, and would more love to read weird fiction stories/series by you!

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2020, 03:14:10 pm »

It's a fairly young adventurer, and most time was spent not knowing how to acquire nanotechne chunks. XD

Loving your mods, and would more love to read weird fiction stories/series by you!

Glad you like my stuff. And yeah, you get chunks by butchering nanotechne-infused animals, which should net you blocks, which can be converted into chunks because adventure mode crafting is finicky.

Adjacent Artillery

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2020, 01:20:37 am »

Hi currently testing out 2.1 as a fext and had some questions:

1. Are implants from 1.6 accessible in 2.1 and 2.5?

2. Lorewise how do implants work? Do Fext/Posthumans have synthetic genetics that interface on a genetic level or is more plug and play artificial limbs? 

3. What Posthuman types in 2.5 are the fext expies are they the skulker, hunter, savages (or also those different "castes")?

4.I found unused/accessible implants and items in files like in example object folder that I couldn't experiment with dfhack, like the tail and claws. What file do move those into to access them?

5. Again lorewise how do see Fext fitting into greater posthumn civilization society? Is the use of implant to become monsters kinda their niche within greater posthuamn civilization, and whats their average intelligence compared to other posthumans?

6. What posthuamns are still immortal?

7.Could you pelase add extra descrition to what the separate types of posthumans are like section for asura, brutes, savages, the different tchnosauras etc?
Great mod regardless, just feel merging all posthuamn tribes together might take away from their individuality/uniqueness abit.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 03:16:23 am by Adjacent Artillery »

Hamburger Gekochter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2020, 10:40:13 am »

3. What Posthuman types in 2.5 are the fext expies are they the skulker, hunter, savages (or also those different "castes")?

7.Could you pelase add extra descrition to what the separate types of posthumans are like section for asura, brutes, savages, the different tchnosauras etc?
Great mod regardless, just feel merging all posthuamn tribes together might take away from their individuality/uniqueness abit.

3. The Asuras seem like the ´True´Fext, Savages replacing the Omegas. The Variants seem to be the other Tribes (havent played them so not sure), Skulker, Brutes, Hunter, Vermin are the ´Lesser´ Forms of them, the Workforce

7. the merge took a lot of the individuality of them but now they are even more Unique, even if they have a less divers Mentality. Lorewise more info on them would be nice but for playing it´s enouth there, they are just specialized in one Stat
garudasura and gajasura-Endurance, vanarasura-Agility, pishachasura-Strength, Asuras are balanced in all, be creative in how you use them :)

btw .txt shows 2armed Asura has better Memory then 4armed Asura
2xArms     [MENT_ATT_RANGE:MEMORY:1250:1500:1750:2000:2500:3000:5000]  +++
to 4xArms [MENT_ATT_RANGE:MEMORY:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]      ++

and any race with [CREATURE_CLASS:ANDROID] can´t get the Factory Worms into there Embark options only aughounds and Bioframes ?
need to look if i can trade for them later but for now i can still only steal them or hope Migrants bring some  :o

greetings from Germany  :D

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2020, 01:06:34 pm »

Hi currently testing out 2.1 as a fext and had some questions:

1. Are implants from 1.6 accessible in 2.1 and 2.5?

2. Lorewise how do implants work? Do Fext/Posthumans have synthetic genetics that interface on a genetic level or is more plug and play artificial limbs? 

4.I found unused/accessible implants and items in files like in example object folder that I couldn't experiment with dfhack, like the tail and claws. What file do move those into to access them?

5. Again lorewise how do see Fext fitting into greater posthumn civilization society? Is the use of implant to become monsters kinda their niche within greater posthuamn civilization, and whats their average intelligence compared to other posthumans?

6. What posthuamns are still immortal?

1. I just renamed implants to exo-limbs for convenience.

2. They sort of meld into the skin but continue to function as separate machines

3. Asura-types are like a fusion of technasura and Fext. The posthumans as stated in the mod are nanotechnologically-evolved superpredators intended to survive in a world unfit for human habitation.

4. Move them into the civilization files. I ended up not using them because they didn't really do anything.

5. The posthumans as stated in the mod are nanotechnologically-evolved superpredators intended to survive in a world unfit for human habitation. Most are too feral to be on the same level as humans, but a few will be born with intellect matching a human and naturally take control of their lessers. These are Asura-types.

6. Yes

7. The problem is that every posthuman tribe besides the Fext were incredibly half-baked. I figured I may as well merge them all into the Fext to create a single combined entity. I will re-add diversity in some way however, probably in the form of cyborgs so diverged from conventional posthumans that they are their own species.

3. The Asuras seem like the ´True´Fext, Savages replacing the Omegas. The Variants seem to be the other Tribes (havent played them so not sure), Skulker, Brutes, Hunter, Vermin are the ´Lesser´ Forms of them, the Workforce

7. the merge took a lot of the individuality of them but now they are even more Unique, even if they have a less divers Mentality. Lorewise more info on them would be nice but for playing it´s enouth there, they are just specialized in one Stat
garudasura and gajasura-Endurance, vanarasura-Agility, pishachasura-Strength, Asuras are balanced in all, be creative in how you use them :)

btw .txt shows 2armed Asura has better Memory then 4armed Asura
2xArms     [MENT_ATT_RANGE:MEMORY:1250:1500:1750:2000:2500:3000:5000]  +++
to 4xArms [MENT_ATT_RANGE:MEMORY:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]      ++

and any race with [CREATURE_CLASS:ANDROID] can´t get the Factory Worms into there Embark options only aughounds and Bioframes ?
need to look if i can trade for them later but for now i can still only steal them or hope Migrants bring some  :o

greetings from Germany  :D

Thank you for the feedback I will try to fix this.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25