Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 54166 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #720 on: March 17, 2020, 05:06:42 pm »

"Well then, time to get to work."
Otiros just shrugged and reached for his crossbow before making his way into the portal.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 17, 2020, 07:34:10 pm »

Eventually, the group was on the far side of the portal. "Now, I do know that the artifact is in the keep." Friedhelm pointed past the heroes. "As long as you're able to find it quickly, we can retrieve another today. I'll see you all again when you have the artifact." Friedhelm stepped out of the view of the portal, and a moment later, the portal closed, leaving the group alone in the dusty wasteland.

A gust of wind blew through, carrying a mass of dirt and dust past the group. In front of them stood the tower that Friedhelm had indicated, less than an hour's march away.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #722 on: March 17, 2020, 08:57:32 pm »

Hoshiko pulled her scarf tighter around herself, the ends of the blue garment fluttering. Not that she was cold (growing up in a place like Yukihana tended to adjust your perceptions of such) but the place unnerved her.
". . . I don't like this."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 17, 2020, 09:30:44 pm »

Iris wondered if the others felt the vast loneliness she did. Perhaps Hoshiko did? To those with a strong spirit, emptiness demanded to be filled-with words, art, or battle, it mattered not. Something had to fill in the dry space in between...or you would go mad...

"...It is best not to dwell too much on this place. After all, you might begin to like it. I do remember reading something about that once...it went along the lines of, 'When you see beauty in desolation, it changes something inside you. Desolation tries to colonize you.'

So, I shall make a portrait of this place as it should have been...it feels right..."

As they walked, Iris summoned and worked on a floating easel. Her painting was not of the world that was, but the one she imagined. Fields of red flowers, blue sky, gold sun, white puffy clouds, straight and clean stone street, and a small village bustling around a clean, inviting tower. Oddly enough the portrait began to move on its own, after a time...people moved about the village, as if a living world...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 17, 2020, 10:12:52 pm »

Otiros briefly glanced around to examine the area surrounding them, only to soon focus his attention on the tower.
"Hmm, guess the guardian wasn't exaggerating about this place after all. Quite empty and silent for sure."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 18, 2020, 02:15:04 am »

"Before you go, my friend, have you appropriated better gear for yourself this time? I believe you and I discussed the need for you to employ a throwing axe or something similar into your arsenal...to keep your old bones out of danger, at least sometimes."

"I was never good at that, and my arm isn't what it used to be."

Vahn looked around the wasteland, listening to the others lament. The only thing he really missed was the sound of animals; he was used to quiet places untouched by human hands. After a few moments he started stumping forward, using his staff as a walking stick.

"That tower isn't going to get any closer by watching it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 18, 2020, 10:08:57 am »

Soon enough, the group found themselves at the base of the tower. It was an old thing, stained by what must have been many years of neglect. But no ivy or moss crept the walls. The only sign of age was dirt and erosion. The great metal doors were closed, but not locked or barred.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 18, 2020, 10:15:13 am »

Otiros took note on the lack of vines or moss covering the walls, that and how the doors weren't locked even if they were closed. While it was a tad peculiar, there was no reason to stand still and wait for someone to open the door when he could do such thing.
"Ready your weapons and stay alert."
The armored being placed his hands on the doors and began to push them forward in an attempt to open them.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 18, 2020, 02:09:38 pm »

The doors opened well, with only a minimum of grinding. The dim half-light of the day spilled into the foyer inside, made of dark stone. Stairwells leading up laid at the ends of the far wall. Dust laid in piles on the floor, impossible to identify.

The wind outside began to rise. Gradually, at first, but swifter and sharper by the moment. As the group made their way inside to escape the sudden gale, the doors swung shut behind them. Light faded through from filthy windows, leaving the hall in near-darkness, and the winds sweeping against the stone created an unsettling screech. Before the group, a voice reached out from the darkness. "Who are you? Why have you come here?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 18, 2020, 06:46:06 pm »

Catherine, in lieu of a response, opened a tome and created a light centered around her finger, trying to see if she could find the source of the voice.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 18, 2020, 06:46:37 pm »

Otiros raised his crossbow the moment he heard that voice and pointed towards the direction it came from. So much for not encountering other creatures alive, it seems the guardian was wrong-or lying to them.
"We are here in a mission, looking for something. Who are you?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 18, 2020, 06:47:59 pm »

Vahn reached into what little reserves of magic he had left and produced a black flame in his left hand - something his body still had the memory to do, even if it was barely strong enough to produce a dark light.

"My name is Vahn Brannon. I have come here to find an artifact. Who are you, and what are you doing here?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 18, 2020, 07:22:22 pm »

The light illuminated a man in simple robes, not obviously armed. He didn't so much as flinch at the conjurations, or Otiros's crossbow. "I am the protector of this keep. And you are plunderers. You will not be suffered to live." A flash of light sprang forth, and the man was gone, whisked away to the top of the tower. As the group's sight recovered in the wake of the flash, the dark began to recede as sigils on the floor flared to life, glowing with magical energy.

At the top of the tower, upon the throne, the man drew four cards from a deck of many things... "The Empress. The Devil. Strength. The Magician. Come forth, Einjerhar." More flashes came, and upon the sigils stood warriors, eerily still and menacing. As one, they raised their weapons.

~Player Phase 1~

Goal: Defeat the Boss!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

EXP: 68/100

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 18, 2020, 07:33:36 pm »

"...Remind me to toss countless questions towards this 'guardian' once we return."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #734 on: March 18, 2020, 07:41:06 pm »

"Defender of the keep, we seek to save our own worlds from destruction. Call off your arcane minions so that the path of justice remains unobstructed!"

H26, vital strike away 10 damage and iron longbow Strength
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 73