Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 53845 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #705 on: March 17, 2020, 11:02:25 am »

"I see."

Vahn leaned on his staff and looked at the portal.

"Though I doubt it will be as easy as merely pushing our way past a few overgrown plants and rusted traps."

"Can you tell us anything more of where we are being sent?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 17, 2020, 11:02:37 am »

"Hard to imagine with you showing such skill at it, but fairly comical if I try. I'm not sure why you are having such trouble, but I'm sure it'll start coming back soon; look forward to it as a surprise, maybe; stories of heroism are always enjoyable tales, and I imagine that being the hero of that story will make it moreso."

---

Catherine didn't say anything yet, but internally winced when he said there should be no threats. She might not remember much yet, but she knew enough to know that it was rarely the case, especially if someone said there wouldn't be any threats.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 17, 2020, 11:09:28 am »

"It's not a happy tale. This particular world is extremely old, and as such their capability with magic was rather vast. So vast, in fact, that it outstripped their ability to compromise and make peace." Suddenly, the grinding of stone halted and a view into the next world replaced the green. The sky beyond was dark, and stormy, and the ground was barren, dry and cracked. Dust was carried by a mournful breeze across the barren landscape, empty of any features save for a lone tower, straight ahead of the portal. "In the end, the survivors of their last wars sought peace. But by then it was too late. Nothing will ever grow on this world again, I suspect. The inhabitants have... long since starved. Take what we need. There is little reason to exercise restraint, in this case."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 17, 2020, 11:14:35 am »

The old warlock shook his head slowly. Given the conversation he and Iris had had just the previous night, this was quite the coincidence indeed.

"I see."

"Not every tale has a happy ending, I suppose."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 17, 2020, 12:22:33 pm »

"Can't say I was expecting us to visit what sounds like a dead world, but I suppose it is better this way. At least it means we won't be facing resistance, or if we do, they might not be sapient...or at least I hope so."
Considering the guardian could be wrong or lying about this world, it was better to wait until they arrived on it to make his own conclusions.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 17, 2020, 12:29:29 pm »

Iris, standing by Vahn, did not remark or show much reaction. Indeed, the whole scene was rather too much like Iris's memories of her own home. Though apparently these cowards had chosen self destruction, ending their world before its natural time and appointed place...with their great powers, they could have done better, she reasoned desperately. It was a deep feeling that her own world had reached the limits of what it could be, and so had to fade, or change into something else-she wasn't sure exactly. But, this world as it was might have had so much more time...it was a vast waste that seemed so terrible to the Artist...

So many colors had been lost.

"...Hmph."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 12:34:34 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 17, 2020, 01:45:57 pm »

"I see... A most tragic fate indeed." Julius said, looking at the portal contemplatively. This morning he had awoken feeling in a cold sweat, with a strong feeling of unease that tugged at his heartstrings. He couldn't recall what it was, but evidently his dreams the prior night had not been peaceful. Hopefully it wasn't an ill omen of some kind, for together with this news of their upcoming destination such a thing would be very disquieting.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 17, 2020, 02:35:16 pm »

"At any rate, we should proceed. Broadly, we will proceed as we did yesterday. You will seek out the item- though this time I was not able to determine what, exactly, it is- and hold the crystal to it, that I will know to retrieve you. Before you go, I will need to re-key the crystal to the artifact's energy signal."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 17, 2020, 03:20:33 pm »

Seeing that no one had anything else to say, Vahn proceeded to shoulder the burden of vanguard on himself and marched through the portal.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 17, 2020, 03:28:59 pm »

Seeing that no one had anything else to say, Vahn proceeded to shoulder the burden of vanguard on himself and marched through the portal.

Iris tapped Vahn on the shoulder.

"Before you go, my friend, have you appropriated better gear for yourself this time? I believe you and I discussed the need for you to employ a throwing axe or something similar into your arsenal...to keep your old bones out of danger, at least sometimes."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:32:56 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 17, 2020, 03:32:58 pm »

Julius walked forward, remembering at the last moment to set down the Chakram he had been carrying over in a safe spot, having gotten the feeling he may want to free up some carrying space
It's FEF, not FEOF

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 17, 2020, 03:39:24 pm »

Ciera headed over to Friedhelm and held out the crystal.

"One retuning per the doctor's orders?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 17, 2020, 03:53:54 pm »

Iris herself had done some swapping as well...her Acid tome had failed her, so she decided to try a more general variation on the classic.

Inventory Action: Iris swaps her Acid Tome for Hex

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 17, 2020, 03:54:53 pm »

"Yes, thank you." Friedhelm took the crystal from Ciera's hands, and placed it on the stone instruments he'd used to manipulate the gate. After some more adjustments, the crystal began to exhibit the same red glow as before, before the glow faded entirely. He handed it back to Ciera. "There, the crystal will now respond to the artifact."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #719 on: March 17, 2020, 05:03:31 pm »

Hoshiko stared out the portal for a moment, uncharacteristically quiet. It reminded her of something, or maybe multiple somethings. It may have been a fate she fought to avoid, though anyone would try to avert such an outcome. She glanced around at the others, who seemed more sad or angry than unsettled. She was brought to a modicum of normalcy by witnessing Vahn begin to move through the portal. Not one to ever be accused of reluctance in the face of danger, Hoshiko moved through the portal herself.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 73