Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's going on in your LCS?  (Read 42109 times)

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: What's going on in your LCS?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 10:45:11 am »

Whoops. Now I remember my high school coding class: Unsigned integers loop starting at zero, signed integers loop starting at the exact opposite of the maximum.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 07:32:13 pm »

I am now tempted to download the game and try not to make everything worse somehow, most things being 90% worse seems like an acceptable stretch goal though.

Also, I am completely new to this part of the community, so who is Kamal-Sadek?

Welcome, stranger. What brings you to these barren lands?

curiosity mainly, as a result of me finding DF which was mostly through memes and freinds and then looking at the bay 12 website.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 02:25:10 pm »

My LCS game basically consists of me sending squads of child workers into military bases to martyr themselves and similar strata to rank the highest casualties possible. It's pretty metal
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 08:01:29 pm »

My LCS game basically consists of me sending squads of child workers into military bases to martyr themselves and similar strata to rank the highest casualties possible. It's pretty metal

Wouldn't it be easier to just have a squad of six non-disposable badasses, though? Training child workers to use guns is going to take a while and use a lot of ammo, and having your child workers not shoot a moderate in the face by accident in the middle of a gunfight requires high skill.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 10:57:27 pm »

I want as many LCS casualties as possible.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

halander1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 02:56:32 pm »

Date: Nov 29, 2025
After disbanding initial disbandment due to the passing of both arch liberal amendments, the CCS being wiped out by a backer list before they were ever even formed, and having 3 sleepers in each major media position aside from CEO. The LCS had to make a come back after discovering that a rigged voting system was preventing the general populace from voting liberal ever... and that every proposition was conservative (bug)... sounds like conservative propaganda.

The founder in his wisdom found the best credit card thief, tailor, doctor, and psychiatrist liberalism could associate with and recruited 4 army veterans. Little did anyone know they would become army commanders someday each leading 5-6 individuals of their own.

After robbing the bank a few times, causing a nuclear meltdown here or there, the LCS has turned into an unstoppable political machine. The army commanders were each trained individually in religion, science, and economics. A new LCS "Death Squad" had formed. One unstoppable not because of their willingness to tote m249's around (as in many universes this was common). They were the evil variety... trained by the best in the world. These 6 men were collectively better than any locksmith, more persuasive than any politician, more skilled at surgery and psychology than most doctors, and were equally skilled if not more skilled than CIA secret agents. But most importantly, they were the most skilled infiltrators in the world. No one could tell these men were the enemy LCS... and then has been leading to the downfall of conservative civilization. Nowadays highly skilled members of society are indoctrinated into the elite LCS by being augmented, taught infiltration and combat by the leaders, and then subsequently sent to initiate a nuclear meltdown with the infiltration squad (I've done this 4x now for individuals that deserve high skill).

Continued raids on our home, the Medici Waste Disposal, proved fruitless as time went on. A surplus of army veterans that had done nothing except received training from the extremely skilled politicians and commanders of the base, and who through being used as a protective service for the holy founder (meat shield) became well suited for the task of murdering everything in their path, and were given the right of wearing heavy ceramic armor with assault rifles to be the perfect front line warriors in a raid. Protecting the 12 some other LCS skilled in shooting bullets into heads.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 09:03:51 pm »

Was this in nightmare mode?  :)

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 07:06:01 pm »

Yay! This thread didn't die, so I'll ask a question here.
Does anybody know what to do if I don't have a pagedown button? I am playing on a laptop.

Also, where do I buy weapons? I can only find clothing stores.

What do sleepers do and how do I make them do stuff?
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2019, 10:07:27 am »

Does anybody know what to do if I don't have a pagedown button? I am playing on a laptop.
'[' and ']' usually function in place of pageup and pagedown.
IIRC sometimes it uses '*' and '/'
Also, where do I buy weapons? I can only find clothing stores.
The Pawnshop
On the base screen
F - Go forth to stop evil
B - Shopping district
B - Danson Pawn & Gun
Usually.
What do sleepers do and how do I make them do stuff?
Mostly they wait around until you make them a full member, but sleeper judges and lawyers automatically (try to) help if you get in trouble with the legal system, and sleeper police/CIA/military may warn of an impending invasion.
On the base screen,
B - Sleepers
I think it brings up a list of sleepers.  It's been a long time.  I can't remember past that.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2019, 07:09:45 am »

Sleepers have several options. They work as follows:

Lay low - the sleeper will not do anything, but slowly build up infiltration. This is safe to the sleeper. Additionally, sleepers in special positions may help the LCS (police sleepers will leak warnings when the LCS is about to be besieged by the police, lawyers will be available to represent you in court, etc.).

Promote Liberalism - the sleeper will influence public opinion on issues related to the sleeper's profession, although doing this will reduce the sleeper's infiltration score, thus making the sleeper less effective in the long run, but will not cause the sleeper to be fired or arrested.

Snoop - the sleeper will try to steal documents and leak them. The chances of success depend on the sleeper's infiltration score. If a sleeper is successful, s/he will gain juice. If the sleeper is unsuccessful, s/he will be fired, but will not be arrested.

Steal - the sleeper will try to steal objects (including potentially documents) and shunt them to the LCS. The chances of success depend on the sleeper's infiltration score. If a sleeper is successful, s/he will gain juice. If the sleeper is unsuccessful, s/he will be arrested for stealing.

Embezzle - the sleeper will try to steal money and add it to LCS funds. The chances of success depend on the sleeper's infiltration score. If a sleeper is successful, s/he will gain juice. If the sleeper is unsuccessful, s/he will be arrested for stealing.

Recruit - a sleeper with juice can recruit more sleepers. The Terra Vitae mod also allows sleepers to marry other sleepers based on their juice and seduction skill.

Top_Therms_Aracy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2021, 09:16:04 pm »

Came back since the X-Ray vision bug was fixed, and got my first October 2012 win on National LCS. CCS appeared very quickly on June 2009 and took out the first safehouse on Seattle by January 2010 and the LA Shelter and the NY Bunker in February and April.

Had to spam the AM and Cable News for almost 20 days straight to get the squad to talk about gay rights since I had no luck with CEO photos and don't know if any location can change this issue. 2010 also saw both liberal amendments pass so I had the house, senate and Supreme Court L+ that year (3 moderates on the senate on the october election, everything else L+)

Had a scare in early 2011 when I got the OPEC embargo event with L+ Nuclear Power so I released nuclear waste on the water supply and I think that crushed LCS support. 12 more days visiting AM and Cable to get the squad talking about the LCS.

Held the W key until october 2012 when the conservatives got their last hurrah by hiring a slick new anchor for the cable network, and with my luck in getting the topics for AM and Cable decided to just travel to NY, and fill a Cable News Anchor full of 9mm. That got the opinion on my side again.

October 2012 a Elite Liberal Senator ran against a Moderate Governor for the presidency and got 63% of the vote. The House changed 17 Elite Liberals for Liberals, and the Senate lost 2 elite liberals for 2 liberals. In october 2012 the LCS liberalized the country.

A very precise run after 2 years of rust build-up, and still have some of the itch to play left. Dunno if it is enough of an itch to see a Nightmare run to the end, but is what I want to do next.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:18:46 pm by Top_Therms_Aracy »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2021, 06:18:34 pm »

Good job, congrats.  Sounds like a good run!

Yeah, just hitting the AM and Cable News repeatedly is a Good tactic.  Loved the narrative.
Pages: 1 [2]