00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240384 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #795 on: March 18, 2020, 04:20:23 pm »

"That isn't a threat, and I'm sorry if I startled you.  I was just interested in the topic and thought you might be familiar with it."

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 18, 2020, 04:23:38 pm »

"That isn't a threat, and I'm sorry if I startled you.  I was just interested in the topic and thought you might be familiar with it."
+1
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:44:17 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 18, 2020, 04:25:09 pm »

Let's focus on not scaring this guy out of his wits. We can always figure out what [demons] are made of later.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 18, 2020, 04:43:53 pm »

Let's focus on not scaring this guy out of his wits. We can always figure out what [demons] are made of later.
ok, will delete addendum
Addendum deleted,

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 18, 2020, 05:00:51 pm »

[-]"I...yes, Mother Alphira, I apologize-- I didn't mean to..." The medic just kind of awkwardly trails off, handing you another lukewarm bowl of nutrient paste, which you hastily devour after an exasperated sigh. Eventually, he helps you to your feet, and despite a bit of unsteadiness to your step, you remain standing. The Medic makes a hasty escape after that, all apologies.

You take a glance at the clock in the corner of the room, also taking note of the scientists who hastily scribble their notes on the other side of a glass panel. You breathe a sigh, turning out towards the door and heading to the assigned meeting room. It's a luxurious, by this world's standards, room, filled with a cypress wood table and chair set, that's been polished to a gleam. Emma sits with a man, who looks to be about William's age, that is to say, only a few years older than you. His hair is an unruly mop of dirty-blond, something noteworthy in this world of brunettes, and there's a gaunt look to his features. He simultaneously doesn't get enough sleep, food, or exercise.

"Ah, this must be her. Lady Alphira." He notices you through the glass, rising to his feet and tilting his head down, "It's quite a pleasure. I've heard great things from Emma and William. Although I'm sure that you have much more to show me. Emma was just going over the rules of the compound, but I'm sure she can catch me up to speed later, I would like you to see my lab, I haven't slept in a great while over the giddiness of working with a live [demon]."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 18, 2020, 05:05:16 pm »

"It's a pleasure to meet you, and I look forward to working with you, but it seems you have me at a disadvantage.  What is your name?  By all means, a tour of your lab would be lovely, but if you'd like to rest, that would be fine as well.  Can you get me up to speed on what your background is?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 18, 2020, 05:08:41 pm »

"It's a pleasure to meet you, and I look forward to working with you, but it seems you have me at a disadvantage.  What is your name?  By all means, a tour of your lab would be lovely, but if you'd like to rest, that would be fine as well.  Can you get me up to speed on what your background is?"
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 18, 2020, 05:12:00 pm »

"I prefer [angel], if you would. A gentler name for a gentler purpose." (Smile.)

"Now..."

Say this.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 18, 2020, 05:15:03 pm »

"I prefer [angel], if you would. A gentler name for a gentler purpose." (Smile.)

"Now..."

Say this.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 18, 2020, 05:17:56 pm »

"Ah yes, I am Silas Thornton," He glances at Emma, "I'm Emma's Kin, but not of blood relation, and was in charge of many projects for the Thornton family. Implants, aggression amplifiers, I synthesized Ballistic for the first time as well. I'm not licensed by the Scholars, as a forewarning, so my methods differ."

Silas giggles in a very feminine way, "I'm far more practical in my pursuits. The Thornton's have...leased me to you. And to be blunt, I will be sending data back to my own laboratory that may be of use."

"I'll call you Lady Alphira, if it's all the same to you." Silas smiles. "But I will refrain from using either designation until proven otherwise."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:20:03 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 18, 2020, 05:19:38 pm »

"Not a problem.  Have you been briefed on our research goals here, and do you have a plan to achieve them?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 18, 2020, 05:24:37 pm »

"Not a problem.  Have you been briefed on our research goals here, and do you have a plan to achieve them?"

+1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 18, 2020, 05:41:00 pm »

Silas begins to walk, and you and Emma follow. Emma shoots you an apologetic look as Silas navigates the twisting hallways of the compound. He pauses for a brief moment, then looks back at Emma. "I"m hopelessly lost here, could you guide us to my lab, ma'am?"

Emma blinks, then takes the lead while Silas follows behind, close to you to continue the conversation. "I'm told you wish to experiment on yourself with implants to improve combat effectiveness. You intend to be fighting [the plague], which is no small task even for one with your abilities. From what I've read in the Thornton Family dossier on you, and the one the Scholar's provided; you have a great deal of regenerative ability, which may make the process incredibly simple or incredibly difficult."

"My first step in this process is to take baseline measurements, comparing you to a subject, a debt-slave I requisitioned, of similar age, build, and gender. Emma assures me you're a woman, so I'll take her word for it."

"After that physical baseline is established, we'll move forward from there. You have some resistance to the chemical effects of drugs if the Compound's medical reports are to be believed, but not a complete immunity. It may be as simple as raising the dosage or I might have to completely engineer an entirely new line of chemical compounds that work with your unique biology."

"Of course, these may be expensive, and I do not work for free, even if the materials are provided to me."

[-] The lab you step into is spacious, and, you notice with amusement, that is because somebody has haphazardly smashed down a wall into a nearby operating theater. A young woman in a grey jumpsuit sits nearby, and you notice, despite the difference in hair color, that she's of the approximate size and build to you currently. A strange mark is tattooed on her face in fading ink, the symbol of SEED. "Now, to be blunt, there are going to be a number of experiments conducted here that will injure you, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Please, have a seat." He gestures to a chair beside the one the other young woman sits on, and Emma looks uncomfortable, hanging back in the office portion of the lab. You notice a table with two glass slide on it, two very sharp scalpels, two crude metal syringes full of a clear, brownish liquid, and two bottles of a clear liquid.

"Or do you wish to see more work of mine to prove my point?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 18, 2020, 05:46:36 pm »

I don't feel great about this, to be honest.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 18, 2020, 05:48:41 pm »

Sit in the chair, inquire about the liquids being used and what Silis intends to glean from their usage
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 381