00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 239012 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #855 on: March 19, 2020, 04:51:13 pm »

Also edited my post for clarity. <.<
what edit? It was clear enough and I don’t notice any changes

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 19, 2020, 04:52:03 pm »

...You'll be going to see they, them, it, as opposed to them visiting you. <.<

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 19, 2020, 05:04:12 pm »

Sorry about that, I clarified my post.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 19, 2020, 05:04:54 pm »

No need for the commanding voice anymore.

Sigh. "Armor is good. I'll be needing armor."
Rise. Let's go see what this smith can do.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:09:21 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 19, 2020, 05:09:19 pm »

Sigh. "Armor is good. I'll be needing armor."

Rise. Let's go see what this smith can do.

+1
...You'll be going to see they, them, it, as opposed to them visiting you. <.<
i thought this, so the first suggestion confused me a bit

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 19, 2020, 05:18:30 pm »

I made everything worse, I'm so sorry.   :'(
lol

The armory is on one of the lower floors, in a previously vacant workshop in the complex. Its been outfitted with many things, you realize, anvils, molds, cooling basins of oil, and various other workbenches you cannot identify. A woman as old as your grandmother is sitting in the middle of the room, staring at the golden armor of McCreary while hunched over and rubbing her face. She looks even less happy when she sees you approach, rising to give a small bow, "Mother Gainer...I was...I was-- I can't do anything with this."

She takes one of the pauldrons off, and tosses it into a blazing hot furnace. Nothing happens. That faint, golden color and black underlay doesn't seem to heat up, or change shape, or warp like any metal you've seen. "This is one of the most powerful furnaces ever made-- and it does jack shit. I can't even bend the damn thing. The best I can do to fit it to you is pad the places where you need it when I'm making your uniform for under the armor, but...where do I even start with that? What is the impression you want to give? How armored do you want it? Do you want it a certain color? Robe or coat? Do you want a cape or something? "

The armorsmith slumps back down, staring at the armor, "You're the same height as McCreary, at least. Same chest size...you might have to pack in your chest a bit to fit... His arms were bigger, by the looks of the thing, but I can adjust the straps here and there...legs were about the same..."

Emma facepalms, rubbing the bridge of her nose and sighing loudly. The armorsmith's eyes narrow, but she doesn't retort, finally explaining, "I can fit you into it, but it's going to be uncomfortable, and a little bit encumbering. As for the gun, its totaled, but I can make you a new one to whatever specifications you want. The Cutter hilt still works...I've already refitted it for a standard las-pistol magazine."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:22:59 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 19, 2020, 05:20:40 pm »

lol

Days upon days of blisteringly-paced updates, you're gonna slip up once or twice. Don't worry about it.   ;)

Now then... a uniform! What fun. Let's go for a bit of elegance, a bit of flash-- but with a nice practical underpinning.

"McCreary's armor is not of this earth, Sister! If we can't work it, we can't work it." (Smile reassuring-like.)

"As for the uniform... black and gold, like the armor. Flame-retardant. Room to move, armor plating where reasonable. No cape-- capes burn-- but perhaps a short cloak, with a kevlar face-mesh and a nice stone at the clasp."

"Dignity... power. These are the things I must convey, Sister, if I am to be a champion for these people."

EDIT: The post, it has been edited on me! Addendum then :))

Give the armorsmith a moment to note our words, then: "Now. I may have a somewhat... unusual request for the firearm. Join me a moment on the firing range?"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 06:10:43 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 19, 2020, 06:09:27 pm »

lol

Days upon days of blisteringly-paced updates, you're gonna slip up once or twice. Don't worry about it.  :P

Now then... a uniform! What fun. Let's go for a bit of elegance, a bit of flash-- but with a nice practical underpinning.

"McCreary's armor is not of this earth, Sister! If we can't work it, we can't work it." (Smile reassuring-like.)

"As for the uniform... black and gold, like the armor. Flame-retardant. Room to move, armor plating where reasonable. No cape-- capes burn-- but perhaps a short cloak, with a kevlar face-mesh and a nice stone at the clasp."

"Dignity... power. These are the things I must convey, Sister, if I am to be a champion for these people."

EDIT: The post, it has been edited on me! Addendum then :))

Give the armorsmith a moment to note our words, then: "Now. I may have a somewhat... unusual request for the firearm. Join me a moment on the firing range?"
+1” would moment in this case be 5 seconds? 10 seconds? More? Less? Or am I simply overthinking it?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 19, 2020, 06:09:55 pm »

However long is necessary. Doesn't matter really.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 19, 2020, 06:36:40 pm »

[-] The armorsmith, or, perhaps a more fitting title would be Armorer, nods, lifting herself and following along behind you to the firing range. "I can do that. Something a little tighter, standard plastic plating and flame resistant treatment where the armor doesn't reach. It'll be hot, though, with the flame retardant material."

[17] Something needles at the edges of your perception about the armor. Something about it isn't right.

Regardless, you approach the Crusader Armorer, who doesn't work on armor, confusingly, and he lets you look over the selection. Most of the guns he lets you use, in particular, are worn and beaten, but come in many varieties, from Hellfire Shotguns, the Crusader Modular Assualt Rifles, to the scrappy workman's automatic las-rifle, fresh off the streets and marked for destruction. He has all the firearms you could ever hope to destroy. It was a bright touch by Emma, you remember, to save money. Any gun marked for destruction due to advanced age or contraband status would be brought in, and either disposed of on-site or you would destroy them during your testing.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 06:41:09 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 19, 2020, 07:12:27 pm »

Okay so. If anyone thinks this is a really stupid thing I'm suggesting we do... do me a favor and speak up now.

Open our mind a bit and consider: what's off about the armor? Is Alphira trying to tell us something?

Pick out a cheap pistol with a clip around half empty, and find somewhere we won't cause any collateral damage with an Overload.

"In my travels, Sister, I have learned a rather destructive trick with the common reactor pistol and its larger counterparts-- devastatingly effective, but ruinous to the weapon so used. Stand well behind me, both of you, and observe..."

Let our compatriots make some distance. Pick a safe target. Overload. Fire.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 07:15:01 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 19, 2020, 09:26:20 pm »

Okay so. If anyone thinks this is a really stupid thing I'm suggesting we do... do me a favor and speak up now.

Open our mind a bit and consider: what's off about the armor? Is Alphira trying to tell us something?

Pick out a cheap pistol with a clip around half empty, and find somewhere we won't cause any collateral damage with an Overload.

"In my travels, Sister, I have learned a rather destructive trick with the common reactor pistol and its larger counterparts-- devastatingly effective, but ruinous to the weapon so used. Stand well behind me, both of you, and observe..."

Let our compatriots make some distance. Pick a safe target. Overload. Fire.

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 19, 2020, 09:33:30 pm »

[-] As you pick out your pistol, you note with a sick sense of pride that the steel wall, used to often to protect the concrete from laser blast, has been outfitted with sandbags since your last time here. You find your target, aiming down the cheap 'iron' sights.

[13]You reach out with your will, into the pistol, and pull the energy up through the reactor, just as you pull the trigger. You narrow the path of the beam minutely, and half the target is incinerated away into burning ash. The pistol, while not as damaged as your previous attempts, still drips molten plastic on the floor, the focusing barrel completely turned into a smoldering mess. The display flashes 'err' and you hand what's left to the Armorer.

[-]"Well, that certainly...is a problem I can consider for you. Probably a better focusing barrel design, one designed for easy replacement, more coolant systems, and a newer reactor. Oh, and plenty of spare lenses...you intend to be fighting [the plague]? McCreary's gun was a submachine style with a lot of power. It used a rifle magazine but was optimized for closer quarters, and to be used in combination with another weapon. Had a lot of magazines too...I'm assuming the weight ain't going to be an issue."

[-]Alphira is silent, as she has been for a while now.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 19, 2020, 09:40:27 pm »

Do we still feel something off about the armor? If so, ask about what the padding she added is made of

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 19, 2020, 09:41:02 pm »

It's possible that the armor is trapped, set to disable us once we complete our task.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 381