00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 239001 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #975 on: March 21, 2020, 06:35:52 pm »

Hmm.  My opinion on the matter is that I don't want to be cold to a child and make the situation more awkward.

This kid's scared of us tho-- he's got a half-memory, I think, of fire and death. I'm not looking to come off as cold-- I'm looking to present ourself as a not-threat.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 21, 2020, 06:39:19 pm »

He was 2 months old at the time.  Babies don't start developing permanent memories until around 14 months old.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 21, 2020, 06:44:28 pm »

[16] The flower is easy enough to conjure forth from the flames, but...

[4] The child looks scared, clinging to Emma and staring at you with wide eyes. Emma heaves a sigh, but giggles, picking the boy up with only mild strain. "There there, she might look scary, but Pheobe is really nice, I swear." He seems to want even less to do with you, focusing on Emma, who comforts him as if she's done this before. When you look at her curiosity, "Its a big family. I had a lot of 'nephews' and 'nieces'."

The child looks unconvinced, and Silas is watching the whole exchange with interest. "Lady Alphira? Have you ever owned a pet?"

"Silas, a child is not a pet!" Emma protests, good-naturedly, and Moore backs her up with a "Yah." Emma giggles a little.

"Oh I'm quite aware, one screams more than the other." Silas jokes, darkly, still watching you.

Even William seems shocked by that, palming his hand into his face with a sigh. "SEED have mercy."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 21, 2020, 06:53:54 pm »

Discharge...disengage...deform, can’t think of the right word, the rose and say “little guy, I didn’t mean to scare you” turn to Silas and tell him “I have not owned a pet before, why do you ask?”

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 21, 2020, 07:27:45 pm »

"No reason." Silas shrugs, smiling at you and reaching out to snag a treat from the table to hand to the small child, who happily devours it while sitting on Emma's lap. Moore seems content to just ignore you from them on, focusing on talking to Emma and eating his pastry.

"Hmmh. Well, maybe you can try again when he's older and more polite," William offers, lazily, "We need to head home. Any other questions about the project, Phebe?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 21, 2020, 07:29:45 pm »

None from me at the moment.  Also, I was clearly wrong.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 07:42:15 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 21, 2020, 07:41:59 pm »

I got nuffin'.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 21, 2020, 07:48:19 pm »

“No questions William. Thank you for having me visit”

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 21, 2020, 08:20:43 pm »

"Say goodbye Moore." Emma chides, waving as she passes him over to the guard, who carries him away. As soon as the child is out of eyeshot, Emma smile drains, and she watches William with contempt. "Goodbye, Billy." She offers, harshly, rising to her feet and dusting the crumbs from her front.

The five of you leave the warehouse. Both Emma and Silas are quiet as they leave, and the two do not talk as they get on the hover-craft. After a short trip across the city, you arrive at your compound and disembark. You and Emma head back to your room, only for you to notice Zachary standing at the door. He bows, offering calmly, "Mother Alphira, the Pontifex wishes to see you, concerning the incident at McCreary's Reliquary, if you could be so kind."

You blink, entering the room to find that the Pontifex is looking over the Mark Fifteen Armor. Touching it.

[9 vs 4] An immense feeling of possessiveness sweeps through you, a flash of anger suppressed and removed.

"Ah, Sister Alphira! Its a wonder to see you again. I thought I told you to come visit when you had the time, but I might have neglected that. I'm sure you have training to attend to, but I wanted to probe your thoughts on the matter we last spoke of."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 08:22:56 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 21, 2020, 08:25:21 pm »

"Greetings.  I apologize for not coming to see you, but things have been hectic lately.  We have a war to win, after all.  I certainly wish to defeat the [demons] and restore peace... but I hope to not die with them."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 21, 2020, 08:28:00 pm »

"Greetings.  I apologize for not coming to see you, but things have been hectic lately.  We have a war to win, after all.  I certainly wish to defeat the [demons] and restore peace... but I hope to not die with them."
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 21, 2020, 08:43:15 pm »

"And your mind on SEED?" The Pontifex asks, directly, turning to claim a seat at your desk with a small smile and a nod directed your way. Emma looks uncomfortable, shutting the door behind the two of you. Zachary remains outside, you realize, and he's likely keeping watch to prevent anybody from listening in.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 21, 2020, 08:48:49 pm »

"SEED has brought life to this planet through its dedication to our betterment, the Great Work.  However, SEED has grown old, and it is contributing less than ever before and perhaps actually hindering our advancement.  After much contemplation, I have decided it is time for SEED to retire, for the benefit of all."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 08:53:18 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 21, 2020, 08:54:15 pm »

"SEED has brought life to this planet through its dedication to our betterment, the Great Work.  However, SEED has grown old, and it is contributing less than ever before and perhaps actually hindering our advancement.  After much contemplation, I have decided it is time for SEED to retire, for the benefit of all."
+1

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 21, 2020, 08:59:27 pm »

This may not go over well...
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 381