00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240353 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1005 on: March 22, 2020, 03:35:58 pm »

Let’s work on matter manipulation, as we are a beginner right now, and it has more combat application than endurance

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 22, 2020, 04:03:52 pm »

Earth Manipulation and Inferno are our bread and butter-- practice them long and hard, so's to extend the reach, power, and variety of both. See if we can't make them work together even, using a hydrogen burn to melt and reshape the ground around us!

During firearms training, take the opportunity to work on our Overload control. Ideally, we should be able to empty a lasgun reactor in the general direction of our enemies without wrecking the las-gun in the process.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 22, 2020, 04:10:03 pm »

Earth Manipulation and Inferno are our bread and butter-- practice them long and hard, so's to extend the reach, power, and variety of both. See if we can't make them work together even, using a hydrogen burn to melt and reshape the ground around us!

During firearms training, take the opportunity to work on our Overload control. Ideally, we should be able to empty a lasgun reactor in the general direction of our enemies without wrecking the las-gun in the process.

+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 22, 2020, 04:34:01 pm »

Let's see, there's more stuff we need to figure out...

For daily exercises, mix it up between cardio and weight-training. See if we can't figure out how to put power into the lifting of weight while we're at it, so's we can boost our already prodigious strength still further in a pinch.

For the rest of today...
heh. I'm open to other ideas, but for the rest of today, let's hit the track and see just how far we can push the Endurance boost from our Healing Factor.

Oh, finally: if at all possible, make sure Emma gets herself a proper eight-hour sleep schedule. She really shouldn't have to be "exhausted" all the time, and I suspect she's been trying to match her sleep schedule to ours-- a losing proposition for most anyone.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 05:44:21 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 22, 2020, 05:09:58 pm »

Let's see, there's more stuff we need to figure out...

For daily exercises, mix it up between cardio and weight-training. See if we can't figure out how to put power into the lifting of weight while we're at it, so's we can boost our already prodigious strength still further in a pinch.

For the rest of today...
heh. I'm open to other ideas, but for the rest of today, let's hit the track and see just how far we can push the Endurance boost from our Healing Factor.

Oh, finally: if at all possible, make sure Emma gets herself a proper eight-hour sleep schedule. She really shouldn't have to be "exhausted" all the time, and I suspect she's been trying to match her sleep schedule to ours-- a losing proposition for most anyone.
+1 to ensuring 8 hour sleep schedule for Emma

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 22, 2020, 05:42:04 pm »

If possible, I'd like to practice with the suit for today.  Perhaps it will augment our powers or otherwise prove useful.

By the way, why isn't the Pontifex listed on the relationships portion of the status?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 05:44:40 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 22, 2020, 05:45:27 pm »

If possible, I'd like to practice with the suit for today.  Perhaps it will augment our powers or otherwise prove useful.

By the way, why isn't the Pontifex listed on the relationships portion of the status?

+1 We will likely be fighting with Lucile, so she should train with us, too

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 22, 2020, 05:45:50 pm »

Eh, +1

I do worry though about what'll happen with that thing down the line. It's clearly got a hold on us.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 22, 2020, 05:46:30 pm »

Same.  It's some sort of strange addiction.  However, I suspect we need it in order to have the necessary strength to defeat the demons.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 22, 2020, 06:17:30 pm »

Because I forgot and am a lazy bastard.  :'(

[-]You scribble a few notes on the schedule, for yourself, on what you'd like to focus on. Then you put your armor on, piece by piece. It takes you a good while, as the straps are not designed for only one person to use. You begin to concentrate, readying your power, only to start when the suit speaks without your command.

[-] [Greetings, Sadil. What is our mission today?]

[Training.]

[Wonderful. Please remember to stretch before you exercise. Even the most Elite soldiers can receive a painful injury from muscle exertion!]

[Y....yes. Okay.]

You head down to the training room, trying to ignore the bile rising in your throat. Everything about this armor just feels wrong, despite the comfort, despite the faint warmth, despite the soothing voice that echoes in your head. But you barely know how to interact with it...But, you do your stretches, despite never needing to do them before.

[10]First thing first, you test how hard it is to control your Inferno. It flares to life with surprising aggression, the standard fire you usually conjure replaced by a blaze nearly twice its size. It roars within your hand, and, no doubt, is burning with incredible heat, but you do not feel it within the armor. There are no hunger pains either...although you do feel a little peckish.

[18+2] Extinguishing the flame, you focus on those metals in the floor you manipulated before-- and they explode out of the ground all around you, completely destroying the tile of the training room and replacing them with an obstacle field of incredibly sharp, glassy, metallic spikes that come up to your shoulder. Then, you reverse the process, and the spikes re-enter the floor, leaving it a pockmarked mess of cracks and slightly jagged rocks.

[What are you doing?] You query, confused.

[Willpower field amplification and moderation, my primary purpose, of course. I'm also correcting your arithmetic, and preventing further damage to your brain.]

You approach a weight set turned over in the corner of the room, and reach out to pick up a weight. It's easily [60 pounds].

[2] Despite your best attempt, you cannot pump energy into your muscles, and you sigh, dropping the weight.

I guess there's things even I--

[Try again.] The voice, for once, doesn't sound pleasant, more like a commander giving an order. It sends a shiver down your spine, and you stop yourself from jumping to its command. [Your body will heal. Giving up, not forcing your Will upon yourself and this universe is the only failure you can suffer. Try again, Dear Sadil.]

[13] You brute force it, feeling your skull begin to ache from the pressure of manipulating the energy within your muscles already-- and you twist your arm back. You hurl the weight disc deep into the wall with a force that shatters the wall, and leaves it stuck half-way in, cracks radiating out.

[Good job, dear Sadil.] Suddenly, a feeling of triumph, or joy, or happiness floods your system, overriding the disgust you feel.

What now?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 06:25:35 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 22, 2020, 06:23:46 pm »

Maybe cool it a bit with the property damage.  [Do your functions include modifying my emotional state?  If so, do not do that unless I request it.]

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 22, 2020, 06:31:15 pm »

[That parameter cannot be adjusted, dear Sadil. I apologize for the inconvenience. Would you like to file a request form for Empyreal Ground Army Central Command to Review?]

[Yes.]

[NOT CONNECTED TO EMPYREAL NETWORK. Please consult a local technician or your superior officer.] Her voice sounds incredibly loud at first, then returns to a smooth monotone.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 22, 2020, 06:33:24 pm »

[The Empyreal Network is permanently offline, but I have received verbal orders from Central Command to modify your capabilities.  Override the block and perform the adjustment.]

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 22, 2020, 06:37:26 pm »

[Please enter override key.]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 22, 2020, 06:38:59 pm »

Uh... right... override key.

Does anyone inside me know anything about an override key?
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 381