00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240311 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1560 on: April 03, 2020, 07:03:08 pm »

“We should probably head somewhere to help with your hand. Me using Healing Factor can turn out badly”

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 03, 2020, 07:07:59 pm »

Is probably fine, but we can mention it-- like so:

"Thanks, Emma."

---

Frown a little. "You're bleeding. Mitch bit you?"

We might as well take a look at the guns.  This isn't using up any time I think.

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 03, 2020, 07:11:10 pm »

"Thanks, Emma."

---

We might as well take a look at the guns.  This isn't using up any time I think.

+1
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 03, 2020, 07:11:47 pm »

"Thanks, Emma."

---

+1
+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 03, 2020, 07:17:26 pm »

"He's probably as safely close to a purebred Barker we can get-- of course he bit me. If he didn't, I'd be worried." She waves off your worry. "It's fine, no need for your...powers or anything. I'll have Silas get me an [antibiotic] when we rejoin with the rest." She sniffs, "It was my fault for teasing him anyway."

[4 vs 8] As you drift along the food district of the market, you cannot help but stop by the vendors. You hesitate. Then, on a whim, you literally purchase one of each food item. Emma looks surprised but drifts, having to help you carry the bulk of it. You end up eating a little more than half, as Emma cannot keep up with your metabolism, but she tries every little bit you do. The sandwich is savory, and sweet, with the pickled onions contrasting the greasy, over-cooked insect meat. The cotton candy and potato-starch covered 'Barker's Beard' is sweet, melting in your mouth. You store away the potato candy with jam for later, focusing instead on the fried potatoes and onion rings, picking at them as you walk to the gun stall.

Spoiler: Wares (click to show/hide)

You notice, hanging between two poles, many, many knives. Some are handled in bone, other's steel, and some are the Crusader Standard Combat Knives. Many of them are long and sharp, double-sided for ease of stabbing. What draws your interest the most is the ones handled in bone. They have intricate, carved figures on them--

Letters! Or...pictographs, more precisely, strung together to form words that you can easily translate. The bones themselves are smooth and polished, intricately worked.

"Hey-- oh [fuck]." The Shopkeep, an attractive, scarred lady of middling age eyes flash to Emma's blond hair. "Uh--"

"Just a customer," Emma claims, calmly.

The woman eyes Emma with a mix of distrust and skepticism. You don't think you'll get a good deal here, judging by the atmosphere. Emma lets you look through the weapons while she feeds Mitch pieces of fries. The Thornton Las-Rifle reactor hums to you as you pass it by, and you cannot stop yourself from drifting your fingers along the crude angles of the weapon. The weld-job is patchy, and crudely done, something obviously done to make it accessible to those who do not have your or a Warmachine's strength.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 03, 2020, 07:20:55 pm »

I'm interested in inspecting and asking about the following items:

A gold-leaf las-pistol, with a steel frame and uncovered coolant tanks
An off-brand, cheap las-pistol
Many different types of magazines,
Helmets, some made from steel, some made from plastics
The knives, ones that are functional and concealable

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: April 03, 2020, 07:22:40 pm »

I'm interested in inspecting and asking about the following items:

A gold-leaf las-pistol, with a steel frame and uncovered coolant tanks
An off-brand, cheap las-pistol
Many different types of magazines,
Helmets, some made from steel, some made from plastics
The knives, ones that are functional and concealable

+1 What do the knives say?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: April 03, 2020, 07:42:54 pm »

I imagine we'll not be buying anything here, unless something really jumps out at us-- [angelic] requisitions and all-- but it doesn't hurt to look around, I s'pose. We did find that [radio] this way, after all!

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 03, 2020, 08:10:35 pm »

The knives hanging from strips of leather catch your fancy, and you pause by them to read them. "Someone like you won't be able to understand the--" The Shopkeeper begins

"Salt Flows." You read out loud in SEED dialect, translating it as best you can, and can hear Emma suppress a mean giggle as the woman abruptly stops talking. You decide to continue, "Mushroom weeps. Steel rends. Soul sighs. Blood blooms salt. Barkers howl....I don't get it."

"You wouldn't."

You think she sounds pretentious, so you don't press further. Right now.

Instead, you look at the smaller, less flashy knives. While all of these knives value form over flash-- being of reliable construction, hand-worked and razor-sharp, there are only a few that you would consider being concealable. They all come in a small kit with plenty of small holsters that you can strap to your person. They all possess a conical blade, terminating after roughly five inches. You don't think that you could throw them--describing them as a shiv is perhaps more efficient. The handles are worked bone and feel good in your hand. [3 credits] in local currency.

The magazines run the gamut from the conventional rifle magazine loaded with bullets to las-rifle magazines loaded with energy. Some of them are fully charged, and some are less than fully charged—any number of mags for any number of weapons you might buy.

[7] A gold-leaf las-pistol, with a steel frame and uncovered coolant tanks, is...supremely not good to use, after closer inspection. It's flashy and overcharged, but they haven't done anything to protect anything but the coolant system from the heat it would generate. The gold leaf is peeling in places-- they didn't apply it correctly.
There are even fissures in the barrel already! What was the point of supercharging the coolant system if the focusing barrel is already damaged?! You fight the urge to throw it on the ground.

It's just a cheap las-pistol, made by some Family or another. Things like this flood the under streets of SEED's Holy City, and often have the terrible habit of misfiring or having a reactor short circuit while in use. It's shiny, though, and ergonomic. And incredibly cheap. But the magazine doesn't come out, and sans cutting the whole thing open, you can't access any of the hardware for repairs or inspection. [.5 credits] in local currency.

The helmets come in a wide variety. Made of either bio-plastics and cut like the Crusader's, guarding most of the face but leaving room for gas-masks, or wide-capped metal domes, attached by a strap to the head. A few are of more extreme design-- you see one with a red mohawk and kevlar neck guard, for instance. The prices and designs vary - If you find something interesting, you can let the Shopkeeper know.

Emma grins, dragging you to the clothes stall and asking you to buy a blue fur robe. She bundles up in it, picking up Mitch and depositing him into a pocket. It cost you, after haggling, [.64 credits] in local currency. "I was cold." She offers innocently.

"Have you ever tried [bug oil]?" Emma asks as you drift by the spice stall on your way back to the airfield. She gestures at an ornate bottle on the shelf when you shake your head no. "Apparently it's an interesting experience. William and Polly bought some once. They said it was amazing, and that I should try some when I get older."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 08:18:01 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 03, 2020, 08:17:10 pm »

buy some bug oil. Ask the shopkeeper who sells the helmets and guns about the bio plastic helmets and the steel helmets

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: April 03, 2020, 08:18:08 pm »

I think it would make sense to purchase a concealable knife for safety, and a different one for general use.

Purchase one concealable knife, and one larger knife with an inscription that speaks to us.  Also, buy some blue powder and bug oil.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 03, 2020, 08:30:10 pm »

I'd be worried about what further drugging would do to our already ailing mind... knives are good tho. Nice to have a stabby-thing on hand for if our Cutter fails us.

I think it would make sense to purchase a concealable knife for safety, and a different one for general use.

Purchase one concealable knife, and one larger knife with an inscription that speaks to us.

+1

Ask about the blue powder and bug oil: effects, side effects, and any addictive properties.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 03, 2020, 08:30:48 pm »

I'd be worried about what further drugging would do to our already ailing mind... knives are good tho. Nice to have a stabby-thing on hand for if our Cutter fails us.

Purchase one concealable knife, and one larger knife with an inscription that speaks to us.

+1

Ask about the blue powder and bug oil: effects, side effects, and any addictive properties.

+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 03, 2020, 08:38:49 pm »

Oh
oh oh

Pet, Threat: Mitch, the Barker
A stubby furred, stubby faced hellion of a canine that will possibly mutate in the future.
-0/50 Obedience
-1/50 Respect

Mitch the Murder-Pug has stats now
Happy :))

Also, "Threat"-- which amuses me to no end, especially given William was our other "Threat" listing! We're gonna have to devote some serious time to training up this thing so it doesn't maul somebody important when it grows up.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: April 03, 2020, 09:02:42 pm »

You think its a pug. That's adorable.

[15] "Fire blooms Flowers" Is one you find, and purchase-- the cost is exorbitant, and the woman refuses to haggle. -[1 credit] in local currency.

You purchase a smaller knife and an ankle sheath, as well. Once again, the shopkeeper shuts down your haggling. -[.3] credit in local currency.

It's a small matter to attach the larger, combat knife's sheath to your belt, right near the Cutter holster. You kneel down, attaching the other to your ankle, strapping it over your socks.

"The steel helmets are Outlander made. The Bioplastic ones are from SEED. The bioplastic is cheaper, and doesn't have any issues with rust or need oiling. Neither can truly stop a las-pistol blast, but the bioplastics of SEED can stop small conventional arm's fire, with luck. So can the steel one, but you need a bit more luck. Cutter Hilts can cut through both." Neither really compares to Lucille.

"The bug oil is a mystical sacrament." The spice peddler begins, "It doesn't form any physical addiction, but you may find yourself wanting another, to seek the truths about the world as they can only be experienced by your racing mind on the oils. You rub it into your skin, and you see many things as they should be, could be, or will be." [1 credit] in local currency, per bottle

"The blue powder is a concoction given to us by the Thornton Family Laboratory, for sale to all those who wish to have more energy. It reduces the appetite, promotes mental clarity, euphoria, and keeps you from feeling fear. It is an addictive substance, for who doesn't want just a little more energy? Take only the measured amounts, though, as in higher doses can kill you, or cause...you to have mild [psychosis]. You smoke it." He presents a glass pipe from behind his counter, which reeks of [ammonia] and other chemicals, the bottom blackened by heat. [.02 credits] in local currency, per dose

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 381