00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240360 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1770 on: April 05, 2020, 10:54:20 pm »

I'm not sure, but it might be good to see how we're holding up after that coma... and the coma shortly before the last coma.  Hopefully we still are somewhat in shape.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: April 05, 2020, 10:54:53 pm »

Heh, fair.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: April 05, 2020, 11:10:19 pm »

...I...I didn't realize it either. I'm sorry for ever doubting you, Zbridges.  :'(

[16] You take hold of his leash, deciding to take a jog through the town. You stop by to your room, changing out of the hospital tunic and pants and into a SEED uniform. Mitch follows, and you take hold of his leash. You body doesn't seem to have declined much. And with a little application of your willpower, you push through-- only to stop within one of the plazas of the town around the villa, as Mitch has to stop to catch its breath.

[19] It pants heavily, and you've only mildly exerted yourself. "Can't keep up, huh?" You ask, defiantly, and it growls, straining at the leash again. You and Mitch run through the streets, doing a few laps of the castle until Mitch plops down, exhausted, panting hard, spit gathering at the edges of its mouth. You're breathing heavily as well, but are not exhausted, the soreness in your muscles and legs are gone, replaced by a comforting ache of exertion. You plop down next to Mitch, and sit there together, catching your breath.

You pet him, and he doesn't have the strength to nip at you, laying back and taking it with panting stoicism.

[+3 respect]

You return to Emma's room, dropping off Mitch with a massive bowl of water. It sloppily drinks it all, and you're glad for the stone beneath your feet. When he's finished, he plops down in front of the fireplace and sleeps. You strip down, and step into the shower to clean yourself off. The warm water washes away grime and dirt and sweat, and you try to turn the heat all the way up-- only to find it has some sort of limiter.

Maybe I can break it...or asks the maids to draw up a bath of boiling water... You muse, soaping yourself up with the various soaps Emma or the household servants have gathered in the month you've been resting. You dry your hair as you step out of the shower. You're halfway dressed when someone knocks on the door. "Come in." You call as you tug on your shirt and strap it tightly to yourself.

Iyal steps in, dropping to her knees at the doorway at the sight of you. "[Fire-blooms-Flowers]," She addresses you, you're confused-- until you see the barker-bone handle of the knife sticking out from your equipment on one of the cabinets, "I'm glad to see you awake. I was told we would be leaving soon."

Iyal has changed as well. Gone is the skinniness of the steelworks, replaced by lithe muscle. Her clothing is a better fit, and is all Thornton reds and blacks, a military uniform reminiscent to SEED's own, with a little more pomp. She shaved her head at one point, and stubby brown hair is coming in, with no trace of the red of malnutrition. She switches to SEED dialect, "I wish for orders. Emma doesn't s-seem to know what to-to do with me."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: April 05, 2020, 11:16:39 pm »

I was thinking Zachary originally, but decided against it since he turned on us, and went with Doc Mitchell instead.

"I will have several tasks for you when we arrive at the Holy City.  Coups are rarely clean.  You must be positioned to assassinate any lower officers that disagree.  I will have the Pontifex provide you with a list of officers that are likely to rebel."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 05, 2020, 11:28:37 pm »

Huh. Seems the way to tame a Barker is to first demonstrate to it that you're tougher than it is.
Also also, our little Fremen Outlander friend's looking healthy now! Excellent.  :D

"I will have several tasks for you when we arrive at the Holy City.  Coups are rarely clean.  You must be positioned to assassinate any lower officers that disagree.  I will have the Pontifex provide you with a list of officers that are likely to rebel."

+1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: April 05, 2020, 11:31:52 pm »

"I will need some money and access to weapons." Iyal claims, keeping her head down. "Money to pay hired guns, and access to said guns."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 05, 2020, 11:34:48 pm »

Hmm.  I guess I trust her enough.

"Let Emma know what you need, and she will provide it to you.  Don't go crazy, but we have plenty of coin to fund you in your efforts."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 05, 2020, 11:36:21 pm »

Hmm.  I guess I trust her enough.

"Let Emma know what you need, and she will provide it to you.  Don't go crazy, but we have plenty of coin to fund you in your efforts."

+1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: April 05, 2020, 11:41:39 pm »

"It will all be returned." Iyal promises, bluntly. "Any more?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 05, 2020, 11:44:00 pm »

"Nothing else at the moment, thank you.  If you would like some extra coin or any items for your personal comfort, feel free to let us know as well."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 05, 2020, 11:56:54 pm »

"Nothing else at the moment, thank you.  If you would like some extra coin or any items for your personal comfort, feel free to let us know as well."

And another +1

Eventually, I'd be interested to learn a little more from Iyal about her people. We know next to nothing about them, they've (presumably) little love for SEED, and they're competent-- I'm thinking there's a powerful force to be had here, if we can figure out how to tap it. Might as well start with the one that's decided to swear herself to our service.

(Am I letting Leto Atreides influence my thinking here overmuch? Probably. :)) )
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 12:06:36 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 06, 2020, 12:09:33 am »

That makes sense.  There are probably a lot of displaced Outlanders within the city-state looking for work.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 06, 2020, 12:09:52 am »

Maybe.

Iyal glances at you with a very confused look "I've been more comfortabl-ble now than I h-have in my entire life. I need no more." You don't dismiss her yet, and she doesn't seem uncomfortable waiting, knees on the rug, head bowed, hands folded patiently on her lap.

Do we take the time to get to know her?
[20] 'Tribal' or clan types like these gave many recruits to the Empyreal. They're well-acquainted with hardship, strife, and death. Many of our 'line' are similar to her.

Mitch is sleeping comfortably by the fire, in a pile of rags. You strap your weapon belt on, feeling the comforting weight settle itself about your waist. You kneel, affixing the ankle sheath to your leg. You browse through the wardrobe-- and find that Emma has bought many, many more outfits. And, you note with a grin, most of the shirts should fit you as well.

You pull on one of her jackets, a crimson one with some weight to the fabric-- and you're at a loss for what to do now. Iyal sits quietly beside the door.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 12:23:26 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 06, 2020, 12:21:36 am »

I'm not opposed to getting to know her, but at some point I do think we need to determine what the situation is with the personal guard.  Hopefully Zachary's lieutenant, one of our schoolmates, is currently commanding it.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: April 06, 2020, 12:43:36 am »

"Iyal, can you tell me a little about yourself?  I don't think we've had the chance to talk much."

I'm realizing now... forgot to mention to Emma about the need for finding a way to get better intel.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 02:44:25 am by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 381