00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240290 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1965 on: April 10, 2020, 12:43:03 pm »

I guess we visit SEED to ask about the change of plan

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: April 10, 2020, 12:45:13 pm »

[Angel of Fire Containment Procedures] and [Misconduct by Officer Sarah Potmend by the High Board of Guardians: Investigations] lands at your feet, pulled from her coat in a smooth motion as she rises to her feet. "But I've never killed a subordinate to keep myself safe."

"They shuffled me off to a post where they thought I would die. You've got a reputation."

Blackmailer, Ally: Sarah Potmend

Ah-hm. How much does she know, I wonder?

"A question of the faith." (Smile.) "It seems the [angel's] duties are more than merely military."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 12:56:30 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: April 10, 2020, 01:02:09 pm »

[Angel of Fire Containment Procedures] and [Misconduct by Officer Sarah Potmend by the High Board of Guardians: Investigations] lands at your feet, pulled from her coat in a smooth motion as she rises to her feet. "But I've never killed a subordinate to keep myself safe."

"They shuffled me off to a post where they thought I would die. You've got a reputation."

Blackmailer, Ally: Sarah Potmend

Ah-hm. How much does she know, I wonder?

"A question of the faith." (Smile.) "It seems the [angel's] duties are more than merely military."
+1.  Unfurl our wings, attempting the angelic and feathered look.  I think this would help us be more persuasive.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: April 10, 2020, 01:15:22 pm »

Emma nods in understanding, "People look to you for guidance. You're SEED made flesh-- people have always wanted to touch the divine." She reaches her hand out, caressing your cheek as she leans in to kiss you. Surprised at the sudden display of affection, you almost jump, but soon relax into it. She pulls away after a few long, happy minutes, giggling, "Few are bold enough, though."

"Playing the part seems hard for you, sometimes."

There's a knock at your door, Sarah's voice muffled behind the metal, "We're ready to go, Mother Alphira."

The Citadel of SEED rises into the afternoon sun, snow drifting from the heavens to gather in its ornate edifice. Emma walks beside you, and after a brief command to the guards, they do the same.

[13] Your wings unfurl with a blast of heat that melts the snow around you. Emma doesn't shy away, instead drawing nearer to your warmth, while Sarah and the guard let you walk further away before they follow you, sweating in the sudden heat. You can feel eyes on you from the surrounding offices. The debt-slave, responsible for cleaning, drops to his knees, head bowing in prayer.

[17] The guards are brave. Some of the best in the City-State praised for their honor, their loyalty, and their zealous devotion to the duty of protecting SEED. But even then, they drop to their knees-- in front of the door, however. They still preserve their charge even in prayer.

"Mother Alphira. You are unexpected." Even as his robe begins to crinkle at the edges, the Citadel Guard is polite and efficient, kneeling before you, "You seek an audience with SEED?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: April 10, 2020, 01:19:33 pm »

Nod. "With all haste. I've military matters that cannot be delayed."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: April 10, 2020, 01:20:48 pm »

Nod. "With all haste. I've military matters that cannot be delayed."
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: April 10, 2020, 01:28:53 pm »

[16] "We-- we have to purify you." The guard begins as the door swings open behind him, leading into a large tiled foyer, where several Citadel priests wait to receive you. "And then prepare ceremonial robes-- it will take a little while, Mother Alphira, and...can you do something about...those?" He's still standing in front of you, but gestures to your wings.

There's another large door beside all those smaller ones that lead off into the decontamination and ritual rooms, and you're sure that it leads directly to SEED's chambers.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:32:08 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: April 10, 2020, 01:35:54 pm »

Grin; let our wings fade away. "As you see fit."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: April 10, 2020, 01:37:03 pm »

+1.  I guess we didn't need the wings after all.  Oh well.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: April 10, 2020, 01:42:31 pm »

Notably, that took another 5 points off our "flesh cohesion". We really do pay a price for those things, valuable though they are.

Q̸u̸e̵r̸y̷:̵ is it possible to regenerate the flesh having lost cohesion entirely?
[Query: should it prove necessary, how would I go about killing an entrenched Seedship?]

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: April 10, 2020, 01:44:14 pm »

+1.  I guess we didn't need the wings after all.  Oh well.
+1 There goes a chunk of flesh cohesion, can we like, get them back into our body? Since they were in there before? So we lose less of our form?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: April 10, 2020, 01:57:37 pm »

Damages to essential cores highly probable. Memory, personality, logic, arithmetic cores would all be damaged regeneration would be effected....caloric stores would be incredibly depleted. Without assistance, death would probably occur after the regeneration of flesh. Essential components for life would be regenerated. Nonessential components: Skin, muscle, etc, would not be.

[17][Destruction of main control cores located within the hull. As seedships have a radius of [twenty miles], exact location within the hull is hard to determine. Enough internal damage may cause essential components within the vessel to fail. However, with the population center built around the seedship, it is not recommended.]

Your wings fade, and the Citadel guard pats out a small fire from his robes while Emma giggles at his discomfort. Her clothes look a little singed as well, but she doesn't mind. No doubt the heat no longer effects her. You watch as the 'dust' at the tip of the wings settles to the ground like ash, before evaporating into the air.

You follow along, letting them disinfect and anoint you with oils, finally, after your refusal to remove Lucille, they annoint it as well. The present you with a heavy robe to wear-- but you ignore it.

You stride into the citadel's main room, approaching the block of machinery jutting from the floor.

"[Unscheduled visit. Explain.]" Its voice echoes from the pylon, making your head ache as you struggle to keep up with the translation.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: April 10, 2020, 02:00:12 pm »

[Lucile, are there overrides or safeguards I could use to suborn a malfunctioning SEEDship to my will?]

"[I have come to you to present a new plan that will allow us to win the war and ask for your blessing.  I apologize for not being here, but I have been working hard to bring you victory.  Will you hear my proposal?  It is something that only you can approve.]"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 02:09:19 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: April 10, 2020, 02:04:00 pm »

[“I believe a change in tactics is necessary to avoid feeding the plague. We need to limit the use of infantry, go on the offensive, and attack points where they are highly concentrated. Advanced communication devices would be very helpful. I hear you have forbidden the use of such. [radios] would be a great help, as communication is important for war.”]

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: April 10, 2020, 02:17:15 pm »

So... losing flesh cohesion entirely would leave us a bleeding mess of discombobulated organ meat, doomed to death or madness.
Let's avoid that.  :-X

[Lucile, are there overrides or safeguards I could use to suborn a malfunctioning SEEDship to my will?]

"[I have come to you to present a new plan that will allow us to win the war and ask for your blessing.  I apologize for not being here, but I have been working hard to bring you victory.  Will you hear my proposal?  It is something that only you can approve.]"

+1

Let ourself drop into a simpler dialect if the encryption threatens to overwhelm our processor.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 381