00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240376 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2010 on: April 10, 2020, 05:19:12 pm »

I'm not sure I want to see what a corporeal, eye-affixing giggle looks like... sounds like something out of a B-list horror movie.

Look, I'm on my phone, and autocorrect is a pain
 :'( :'(

Hold up-- you type these paragraphs upon paragraphs of material on a smartphone?
I am awed, sirrah. Those little virtual keypads are miserable.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: April 10, 2020, 05:20:47 pm »

I use my iPad and I typed “that” wrong so many times, it stopped correcting “thst” to “that”
Is it possible to retrain autocorrect to work?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: April 10, 2020, 05:29:32 pm »

Usually when I'm at work you won't see the status bar, because qouting is a pain. I do have a computer where I wrote most of the bigger scenes. Unfortunately, since what's coming up is a massive scene...I'm going to have to wait to get home to do it justice.

I use my iPad and I typed “that” wrong so many times, it stopped correcting “thst” to “that”
Is it possible to retrain autocorrect to work?

I use an Android pixel, so Google autocorrects for me. Maybe a setting?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: April 10, 2020, 05:31:41 pm »

No worries.  I've been astounded by how quick these updates are.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: April 10, 2020, 05:32:01 pm »

Is that why the status bar disappears from time to time! I wondered.
Nice to hear your employment's holding up in pandemic times, anyway. ;)

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: April 10, 2020, 05:38:23 pm »

Oh I got laid off, lol. I'm working on getting a better paying one soon, than this current one. Also because I don't righlu know how long one line of dialogue would take. Makes it easier to hadwave the time and how much does the inventory change

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: April 10, 2020, 08:14:34 pm »

The screen enlarges as everything fades. Something deep within you burns, roiling with anger and fear, uncertain in the face of what's to come. Unsure of how to react.

"You're on." The video begins, focusing on an image of a man you know all too well. Your heart soars despite yourself.

He's handsome, tall, with a regal face tending towards femininity, but still masculine. A smile curls his lips -- he was always smiling, wasn't he? Not the rictus of insanity, but a genuine, cheerful one, that showed how much he enjoyed his life. Blond white hair tumbles down in an unruly mop. His upper lip covered with a mustache oiled with the most delicate perfumes in the galaxy. Bright, burning blue eyes fix on the screen ahead.

"I am Alphias Sol, King of the Empyreal Pirate Fleet, and I come to seek petition with the Emperor." His face, through the magic of editing, comes to share the screen with a blank-faced guard- literally blank-faced, lacking all features, besides a mouth, with too-perfect teeth.

"The Endless Emperor does not recognize your position or rank. Withdraw your ships from the Walls of Eternity at once, disarm, and wait for arrest, or we'll take action."

"Then have him come out and tell me himself, and I will gladly stand down my armada."

No response and the faceless guard fades from the screen—the shot cuts, drawing out to show that image at the beginning: massive void-ships arranged in loose formation before an impenetrable wall of solid light. At the center is the largest of them all, gold and black wings are drawn all down the sides, surrounded by stars. Guns bristle, but that isn't what you focus your attention on.

At the front of the ship, a light flares forth, just as gunships begin to pass through the wall from the other side, coming to face Alphias' Armada. You can almost feel the presence, the sudden force of will that washed through the armada--

The light at the front of the ship, bright like a burning white-hot neutron star, producing enough radiation that even the shielded camera begins to have speckles of interference. Suddenly, the opposing gunships explode as they come through to face the pirate armada, black fire lancing out from that ball of light at its front. The ships shift as gravity begins to draw them closer to Alphias.

The burning heat of his energy, of his willpower, blackens until it seems to absorb the light from the wall itself, which dims in his presence. The explosion that follows leaves nothing for the camera to record...

When the image returns, a massive crack has formed in the Walls of Infinity, a void in the infinite light. A voice booms through the darkness of space, forcing soundwaves into existence. "Where. Is. The. Emperor."

Silence-- then, a flank of Alphias' Armada explodes in balls of bright superheat. A figure clothed in white robes stands on a platform within the wall, staring down at the burning ball of dark energy that is the Pirate King with his hands tucked into his sleeves. His face is masculine, old, and withered.

Fires the sizes of suns begin to lash at one another in the void of space, darkness, and light clashing, with waves of gravity causing the void-ships to shift back and forth, adjusting to deal with the ebbing and flowing of the monstrous storm that rages between them and the wall. Alphias begins to dim, growing dimmer and dimmer as the two continue to exchange blows that could rend worlds. Void-ships from Alphias' fleet begin to pull away from the combat as their brethren are caught up in the fierce melee.

The figure on the wall removes his hands from his coat, lifting them over his head-- and Alphias goes dim all at once, but his voice echoes through the VOID, recorded, recovered. "The Endless Empr[eror/ess] is dead. The Nobility her usurpers."

The explosion centered on Alphias rips apart time and space, a gaping void that devours everything nearby. Ships try to converge on his location, only to end consumed by the maelstrom of lashing energy.

The feed ends, and the titles drifts up upon the screen, 'BEGINNING OF THE EMPYREAL AGE OF PIRACY'.

"This was broadcast to the entire galaxy, from a relay station that was later destroyed by radio signatures matching that of the Empyreal Navy. That was ten years ago. I received it when I received news of you."

The next image that fills the screen is a picture of you, older, more grim-faced, fires raging around you. Beneath your laughing visage is 'ALPHIRA SOL, PRINCESS OF THE PIRATE KING ALPHIAS SOL.' 'WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE', 'ONE HUNDRED MILLION CREDIT REWARD', 'PIRACY, GENOCIDE, DESTRUCTION OF FIFTY EMPYREAL NAVY VESSELS, HIGH TREASON AGAINST THE ENDLESS.', 'LAST KNOWN LOCATION:FLEEING THE BATTLE OF THE WALL'.

"This was broadcast to the entire galaxy. Forty years ago."

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:28:24 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: April 10, 2020, 08:24:46 pm »

Hey Lucile, the Endless Emperor really is dead, and my dad killed him.  Can you give me full access now?

Edit: I misunderstood, the nobility, allegedly, killed the Emperor.

"In what way is that an argument to spare you?"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:33:14 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: April 10, 2020, 08:31:07 pm »

“I didn’t find McCreary, here. You said you’d compare me to him? Why you’d spare me and kill him? I don’t remember anything from that time. I don’t remember causing genocide, and I certainly wouldn’t cause any more. I’ve changed since then”

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: April 10, 2020, 08:32:56 pm »

Hey Lucile, the Endless Emperor really is dead, and my dad killed him.  Can you give me full access now?

pfff

It's all true?

"You're saying... I can't leave here, then. Not without bringing the wrath of a galaxy down about my shoulders. You're saying... I need you to hide me. Am I understanding aright?"

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: April 10, 2020, 08:48:08 pm »

"I'm explaining the differences between the two of you. There was no bounty for McCreary. No one out for his head. No one wishing to kill him. He could go anywhere, tell anyone about one of the last Seedships within the galaxy. My planet would be destroyed, my people wasted or made to slave away for some baron or another, and I would be slowly ripped apart."

"That was your biggest problem with me. I have more trust in a pirate than a mercenary-- few will support you, especially if you destroy your allies so freely. Judging by the word 'fleeing'...no one has a good view of you in the wider galaxy."

Alphira is silent, but you feel a burning ball of despair so deep that fathoming it is hard from her-- a comparison comes to mind: Losing Emma and William all at once.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: April 10, 2020, 08:51:08 pm »

Well, someone needs to avenge the Emperor, I suppose.

"You believe that your rule is better than that of an Endless baron?  I have seen the debt-slaves, heard the lies, and learned of the use of criminal 'Families' to support your city-state.  You throw your people at hordes with no thought for their safety.  Your hands are dirtier than most."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:53:23 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: April 10, 2020, 08:54:57 pm »

You can't hug a voice in your head
and this makes me sad

"You believe that your rule is better than that of an Endless baron?  I have seen the debt-slaves, heard the lies, and learned of the use of criminal 'Families' to support your city-state.  You throw your people at hordes with no thought for their safety.  Your hands are dirtier than most."

+1

First though, just... take a moment to share in Alphira's grief. As best we can.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 09:05:58 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: April 10, 2020, 09:24:46 pm »

"Who are you to judge Alphira? Surely your hands are not so free from sin as you pretend. The Moores, Zachary McKinnon..." You feel something probing within your mind again, and this time it halts, the depths of your mind returning to you, along with your anger. "...how many others have died for you to live? The road of leadership is one of harsh choices."

An image appears on screen, a blueprint, then images of a child gestating in a pod, growing bigger and bigger until they are a fully matured human- it is strapped into a coffin, shown videos describing it-- SEED draws back from you, you both do, at once.

"The value of human life is cheap, when I can make a thousand within a day."

Alphira draws away from you in silence, not responding to your emotions, your attempts to comfort. Anger, however, fresh and hot as the sun begins to boil within you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 09:27:36 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: April 10, 2020, 09:28:09 pm »

"My sins do not excuse your sins.  If you want my support, you will need to make significant reforms.  No more debt-slaves and no more attrition.  You must respect your people's lives."
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 381