00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240327 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2205 on: April 12, 2020, 11:18:22 pm »

Ah yes, you wanted a quote--

[-] Silas presents you, one day, with a wide variety of combat drugs. Primarily stimulants, sleep medicine, and a few rapid function tranquilizers. "Your body already kills your pain receptors, so I figured uppers and downers would be all that you need. All designed to your unique biology. You'll grow immune to them, in time, however, so use them sparingly."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: April 12, 2020, 11:18:59 pm »

Ah, my bad.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: April 12, 2020, 11:25:05 pm »

Emma pulls the rifle from the guard as you pump the ballistic into your arm. The world-- gods, everything is fractals, then they coalesce into impossible details you never noticed before. The weak pulse of blood from Sarah's wound, the strand of hair escaping from Emma's ponytail, the soft patter of las-rifle pulses on your position, the snow reflecting the stars--

Emma glances down at her radio, looking surprised. She fiddles with the dial, glancing your way. "I need a squad of Thorntons where that explosion was!-- No. I don't [fucking] know the coordinates-- uh...a district on the edge of the outer city--"

The helmet reaches out, and you can see the heartbeat of...nineteen individuals, at the other end of the street, in various forms of cover. There's a solitary one, higher up, laying down while facing you.

[7+3 vs 16] A shot pings off your shield, and you crawl into better cover instinctively.

"Alphira!" Sarah calls from her cover, "I'm returning fire--" Emma kicks the rifle over to you, keeping low as she tips a table over, trying to coordinate the Thornton response.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:27:35 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: April 12, 2020, 11:28:17 pm »

That's a lot.  Use the SMG on the heartbeats.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: April 12, 2020, 11:32:02 pm »

"Nineteen foes on the other end of the street. One on the rooftop."

That's a lot.  Use the SMG on the heartbeats.

+1

Keep to cover. Start with that sniper-- use the rifle off that guard instead, if we think it'll be more accurate.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: April 12, 2020, 11:46:30 pm »

SMG inaccurate at this distance--

[-] "I--I can't see them." Sarah breathes, slowly angling her rifle. "I can keep the sniper's --" A las-pulse cracks the wooden beam beside her, "I'll keep the sniper's head down if you tell me how high up."

You do so, grabbing the las-rifle and running a battle-ready check on it. "Go!" Sarah holds down the trigger on her las-rifle, shots lancing into the building in the distance, inaccurate.

Your shot goes wide as the Sniper's heartbeat begins to beat harder. It shifts, aiming towards Sarah--

[11 vs 14][4] Sarah's neck is burned away with a bright flash, leaving a gaping hole-- she drops her rifle, clutching at it. Then, she's still.

[12 vs 16+8] A hail of las-burst hits your shield, driving you back into cover.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: April 12, 2020, 11:47:30 pm »

[20] You feel the dual fusion heartbeats of Thornton Warmachines approach, then you hear it. Sudden screaming and pitched combat, the loud hiss of Thornton assault rifles and the thumps of flesh exploding in super-heated steam.

"Sniper in the window!" Emma calls through the radio as the heartbeats in the distance stop one by one- An explosion rocks the street, and you dare a glance. The window is a flaming mess -- all collapsed concrete. The Warmachines are brutally efficient, having come up from the flank while the nineteen cultists were focused on you.

Las-gun pulses leave nothing more than dents in their armor, and they gun down all without mercy, leaving only one alive. The robed cultist is pinned to the ground roughly by a Warmachine's heavy foot. William breaks away from the fighting, approaching your position, actually wearing a helmet for once. "Your reinforcements have arrived, sisters."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:54:03 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: April 12, 2020, 11:55:00 pm »

I have to ask, did you make that a 20 to avoid the main character's death?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: April 12, 2020, 11:58:10 pm »

I rolled it immediately after I finished the post, when I realized that I probably should have put something about reinforcements into the post.

By all means, if you think you have plot armor, give it a test-- the sequel I have planned doesn't have to be from Alphira's perspective.  ;D

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: April 12, 2020, 11:58:35 pm »

Haha no thank you.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: April 13, 2020, 12:07:25 am »

[redacted]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:28:21 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: April 13, 2020, 12:12:22 am »

Anyway, we weren't dead yet. We had a shield charge left and everything!

Laugh. "Am I glad to see you lot! These goons, they caught me hungry... I need to start packing nutrient cubes or something."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: April 13, 2020, 12:17:18 am »

Anyway, we weren't dead yet. We had a shield charge left and everything!

Laugh. "Am I glad to see you lot! These goons, they caught me hungry... I need to start packing nutrient cubes or something."
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: April 13, 2020, 12:21:26 am »

"That...might be for the best. Or have a pair of Warmachines instead of-" William nudges the corpse of Sarah with a booted foot, nodding to the barkeep, who slowly rises from behind the bar. "...these guys."

"Hey, bring Alphira some food. Lots of it." William orders the barkeep as the Thorntons advance on your position, keeping it covered from other threats. They drag the prisoner with them roughly, his robe pulled off, revealing the face of an unremarkable young man. He stares into the distance, even as William props him into a chair, taking a seat across from him.

The Barkeep, perhaps on autopilot, brings the entire pot of simmering stew out and sets it on the intact table. He drops the ladle and some bowls nearby and slumps into a seat. He cradles his head in his hands, breathing hard.

"What's wrong with that guy. Acts like he wasn't ever collateral damage before."

Emma takes a bowl of stew and drops to the ground, laying against the bar as she slowly eats. You-- you take the pot and slump down next to her, eating.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:23:11 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: April 13, 2020, 12:36:03 am »

Address the cultist.  "I don't suppose you'd like to volunteer some information?  If you are cooperative, you will not be harmed."
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 381