00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240252 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2475 on: April 19, 2020, 01:15:19 am »

Oh, they couldn't possibly-- but can you blame them for trying?  :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: April 19, 2020, 01:24:13 am »

If you so choose. I do not have a gender or sex, as a note. The femininity you assume from my 'voice' comes from your own preconceptions about my existence. Mother offers, pleasantly.

"Alphira told me as much." William nods, glancing out the door, "Hence the firing squad we had lined up outside of your willpower...and the sacrificial lamb."

With another nod, he slouches, all of his tense muscles and cybernetics relaxing as his hand comes to instinctively rest on his pistol. You look him over, noting the material that clings tightly to what looks to be muscle on his arms. He glances at the reformed cultist, "Hey, yo, go get my coat."

William notices where your eyes go, and peels up a sleeve-- what was once skeletal cybernetics is now covered by a silvery-black material that coils like muscle. "It started growing a bit ago. Alphie says that while I won't be able to do 'magic' like you, I should be physically stronger."

"As nice as those handcuffs look on you--" He tosses you a key, and you reach down and undo what remains of them, letting the shattered plastic fall to the floor. "We sent the sample to Silas. They'll cut it open in a clean room and take a look at it."

"Have fun on the front?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:26:41 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: April 19, 2020, 01:30:01 am »

"A blast.  I had a chance to kill another one of those Colossi.  This one was older and stronger."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: April 19, 2020, 08:18:24 am »

"A blast.  I had a chance to kill another one of those Colossi.  This one was older and stronger."
”I also killed a [plague] artillery unit. Upon killing the Collosal, the abominations lost their organization, I’m thinking the Collosals function like the [plague’s] brains

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: April 19, 2020, 11:48:05 am »

We shall draw comfort, then, from our preconceptions! We are grateful for your presence-- "Mother".

"So much fun." Grin wide, let the words fall out.

”I also killed a [plague] artillery unit. Upon killing the Collosal, the abominations lost their organization, I’m thinking the Collosals function like the [plague’s] brains?

"It recognized me from Rodstadt-- its kind is built to kill Empyreals, I think-- we burned it alive. We burned everything! This was nothing like Rodstadt-- better than Rodstadt. So much better."

Sigh. "I've learned since then. We can turn this war around, I know it now! I know it now."

"...anyway." Rise. "How's your day gone?"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 11:57:28 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: April 19, 2020, 06:42:48 pm »

"I don't know anything about if they do or not..." William murmurs, shrugging on his coat as the young cultist returns, "But I'm glad you made it back okay, anything else I offer will sound patronizing. 'Good job Pheobe.'" He explains, giving a grin, "I didn't let Emma know you had a black out session -- I figured it would stress her out more than help."

"I am glad you made it back though. It'd be boring without you." He offers.

"I did paperwork. The Thornton accountant is taking an assessment for how much continued operations will cost. Living the dream." The sarcasm in his voice hangs heavy as he hands you back your weapons and gear, and you attach them to your armor. Everything is coated in dried mud.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: April 19, 2020, 06:51:52 pm »

"You should join me next time.  It sounds like you could use a break from all this administration."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: April 19, 2020, 07:06:07 pm »

"You should join me next time.  It sounds like you could use a break from all this administration."
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: April 19, 2020, 07:25:18 pm »

"I am glad you made it back though. It'd be boring without you." He offers.

D'aww. Brother. ^-^

+1

+1-- speak with a grin!

"Anyway. I need somewhere to get the charred bug guts out of my... everything. This warehouse of ours have decent plumbing, or will I need to head back to compound for that?"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:33:37 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: April 19, 2020, 08:06:47 pm »

"Next time, for sure." William nods, flashing a grin. After you ask about the plumbing, the smile falters a bit, "I would recommend heading back to the compound. We still haven't set up the communal showers yet."

"If you want to be all spotless for Emma, I can get someone to run you a bucket of hot water. Find you a few washcloths, but privacy is a bit difficult to find." Willaims shrugs his shoulders, glancing at the young ex-cultist, who is trying his best to be attentive.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: April 19, 2020, 08:20:20 pm »

"It's not a priority at the moment, so I'll probably just walk back to the compound.  Do you know if Iyal is okay?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: April 19, 2020, 09:08:17 pm »

"It's not a priority at the moment, so I'll probably just walk back to the compound.  Do you know if Iyal is okay?"

+1

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: April 19, 2020, 09:18:51 pm »

+1
+1 why not contact her ourselves?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: April 19, 2020, 09:21:24 pm »

"I haven't heard from her. So either she's dead or has nothing to report." William unhelpfully replies, "Emma said she killed something like three of her targets in the last few days. Maybe she's taking a break or gathering information."

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: April 19, 2020, 09:25:03 pm »

"The enemy is adapting.  We know that killing the nerve centers will be key, they may hide them next time or send more then one."

We should give William a full run down of what happened.

We should check if we can disable whatever is allowing the communication with the enemy.  They don't seem like they will negotiate and it might be forcing corruption through it.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 381