00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 238971 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #2730 on: April 23, 2020, 11:35:30 pm »

Uh, which was the cause and which the effect?

Nicole Gainer showed up to try and drag us into the war... so we (kinda accidentally) knocked ourself into a coma to keep Alphira from burning the building down. When we woke five months later, we were a starved wreck that couldn't say no.

I see. That is way not my first interpretation of it, which was that Egar changed the act based on some plot event and everyone got so mad at the act name changing that we tried to blow up the academy.

I'm petty, but not that petty! Lol.

["[Goodbye...Mother.]"] You transmit, your wings emerging from your back effortlessly.

[Thornton radio signals are not in range.] Lucille informs you, as you fly out over the eastern suburbs. You come to a stop a safe distance away, resting in the grip of your many red and white wings. You wait, patiently, as the end of an era arrives.

The explosion sends you reeling back with turbulence, but you steady yourself, looking into the massive orb of light that consumes the Holy City. The earth shakes as it cracks and splinters apart, fractures in the crust no doubt felt around the world. The explosion is large enough that night turns into day.

[Dangerous radiation--]

Quiet.

It fades, replaced by a great mushroom cloud that reaches far above, into the atmosphere, and you clinch your remaining hand tightly. You watch as it slowly settles outward, a great storm of dust, lighting, and fire reaching far into the neighboring districts. You turn, flying towards the coordinates-- but you don't make it, dropping down into the fields of a farm. You look at your hand, feeling it flicker and shift in faint hues of black and gray.

[17] You keep yourself together long enough to pass out there in the field. Letting the blessing of sleep take you.

You awaken in a small room, upon a bed of roughly made linen, a young woman sleeping on a chair nearby. Storms lash down, but a check of your internal clock shows it is not yet night. Only once in your three years upon this world has it rained during the day.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 02:34:10 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: April 23, 2020, 11:36:22 pm »

You let yourself drift back to sleep, for the moment, taking refuge in it.

>END OF ACT II (Ancient Enemies) -- Completed.
>>Mental State: Stabilized. Losing Cohesion. Plague damage. [terminate project? y/n - n]
>>Humanity: Moderate. Decreasing. [terminate project? y/n - n]
>>Control: High  [higher than forecast standards. terminate project? y/n - n]
>>Physical Health: Missing left arm. Minor radiation poisoning.
>>Situational Understanding: Moderate. Increasing.
>>[terminate project? y/n - n]

So, end of act two. Whew. That one was long, and not how I expected it to go! As you all know, let me know if you have any complaints, questions, concerns, or issues! Constructive Feedback is always appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 11:42:57 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: April 23, 2020, 11:45:14 pm »

Only one question: what were you expecting?

...call that two questions. Could we ever have prevented this ruin?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 11:48:04 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: April 23, 2020, 11:53:36 pm »

What're the little emotions beside Emma (and others) in the Relationships spoiler?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: April 24, 2020, 12:00:55 am »

There were many possibilities. The two months away from the war effort from changing Emma and William allowed the tide to drastically turn. Had you not, Pheobe would be in a worse mental state, as would the future if you died. I was expecting the scouting party to be held off on, in which case your doom would have been within the City. I also really expected you to die with the Levithan. But hey, you rolled well and asked for Alphira's aid against it. You rolled high, so she offered very good advice.

If you let William die, and did more direct actions, if were luckier with certain rolls or not, things would have been different. There were many, many paths the story could have went. In some of them, the Holy City remained. In some, you died in battle to protect the evacuation. In some, there was a bright eyed young noble, many, many years in the future, who inherited your Line.

Do note, that nearly every paragraph had a roll assigned to it, but I do not post these, as the sheer numbers of rolls would take up a lot of the screen, and the impact of the narrative would be lost. For example, there was a battle for the walls of the holy city. The Crusaders lost. Badly.

I was honestly hoping you'd die in battle in the Holy City, to be fair. I had such a cool third act lined up for that.

What're the little emotions beside Emma (and others) in the Relationships spoiler?
They are two word descriptions of how Pheobe, and by extension, yourselves, view the non-player character.

Also I totally did not expect you guys to cannibalize your arm. That...that was an interesting move, and keeping well in the spirit of what your character is.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 12:03:41 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: April 24, 2020, 12:06:00 am »

The flow of futures into the Void are narrow, but you are still upon one. I am impressed at your luck and tenacity.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: April 24, 2020, 12:09:18 am »

This game is beautiful

That is all

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: April 24, 2020, 12:10:04 am »

The two months away from the war effort from changing Emma and William allowed the tide to drastically turn.

I thought as much. We could not have done otherwise.
Thank you. For all of this, really.

Wake, godling. We are needed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 12:12:20 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: April 24, 2020, 12:14:43 am »

Was it really worth it?  It's hard to say.  In any case, we must avenge the fallen.

The two months away from the war effort from changing Emma and William allowed the tide to drastically turn.

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: April 24, 2020, 12:21:04 am »

Nah, thank you all. I'm glad you guys are enjoying this game. It makes me really happy to see and means a lot to me!

If William and Pheobe were not changed, with your death, and the death of SEED, this world would be worse off in the future. With their change, you ensured that there were experienced, strong leaders, of the Line, should you fall. Your primary objective, and their's, are the same, and they would have taken you as an inspiration.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: April 24, 2020, 12:23:13 am »

Was it really worth it?  It's hard to say.  In any case, we must avenge the fallen.

+1

+1. Also try to contact Emma again - the signal strength can also give us information on our location relative to Thornton units and/or civilization in general.

Sure, we could just ask the lady sleeping in the chair, but that's boring and Emma is possibly the most worried she's ever been in her life
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 12:25:51 am by Eschar »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: April 24, 2020, 12:23:44 am »

Ah, that is a comfort.  This is an awesome game, by the way.  Can I ask if you've DMed before?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: April 24, 2020, 12:25:51 am »

A bit. I've never completed a game before, however, and really wanted to.

Actions, by the way, are being logged for the next part of the game! I'm not ignoring you, just wanting the other players to have a chance to respond. <.<

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: April 24, 2020, 12:49:03 am »

Game nuffin'-- this thing's becoming an all-out interactive novel series! I've never seen (much less experienced) anything like it.

Emma is possibly the most worried she's ever been in her life

Between the time we ran off to fight a gang war by ourself... the time we crumbled into a starved, brain-broken coma for five months straight... the time we showed up to compound with our lower torso in tatters and a hand missing, and stayed in coma that way another month... all those prophecies she's had of our demise... well, it'd be a near thing. A near thing. We're a worrisome person to care about.

All assuming Emma's alive, of course. If not-- if our chosen kindred died in that siege-- we're going to break a little, I think. Maybe a lot. :-\

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: April 24, 2020, 06:39:37 am »

When waking, ask the woman where we are, and thank her for taking us in
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 381