00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240307 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3720 on: May 17, 2020, 06:07:55 pm »

...an ugly thought occurs to me.
The Plague-- how much can it see through our eyes?

Nod. "And how has the war progressed in my absence?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: May 17, 2020, 06:13:39 pm »

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: May 17, 2020, 06:26:54 pm »

+1
+1
Oh my, you’re right. The plague seems to function as a sort of hive mind. Should we bring this worry up to Isela?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: May 17, 2020, 06:45:35 pm »

"We've reclaimed districts four through seven, are currently fighting against insurrectionists in eight and nine. Farmland three through seven hasn't responded, but farmland one immediately requested protection." Isela explains, calmly, "As for the Plague war. It's been quiet. We've had a few skirmishes during our scavenging runs for more parts -- and we've destroyed a few of their new bases in the area -- but the war is nothing like it was previously. It has me worried."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: May 17, 2020, 06:49:37 pm »

*Sigh* "Unfortunately, the plague has new intel. It suspects that we will leave this planet in 12 years. Could that be the cause of its change in strategy?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: May 17, 2020, 07:07:11 pm »

"Wait, we're leaving this planet in twelve years?" Isela questions you, confused by your implication. "When did--- what?"

Eric is looking at you intently, just as confused.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: May 17, 2020, 07:16:06 pm »

"This is highly classified information, but I think you need it in order to strategize properly. Tell this to no one. An individual who will not be named activated a distress beacon hidden in this fortress. As a result, in 12 years, an offworlder by the name of Magnus will arrive with insurmountable military assets. He will likely destroy the plague, but how his arrival will affect our population is unclear."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: May 17, 2020, 08:37:04 pm »

"This is highly classified information, but I think you need it in order to strategize properly. Tell this to no one. An individual who will not be named activated a distress beacon hidden in this fortress. As a result, in 12 years, an offworlder by the name of Magnus will arrive with insurmountable military assets. He will likely destroy the plague, but how his arrival will affect our population is unclear."
+1, we will have to explain how the plague got this information, which Awas that we told it. Are we going to need to tell her that the Plague talked to us?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: May 17, 2020, 08:40:41 pm »

"....why?" Is Isela's next question.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: May 17, 2020, 08:47:18 pm »

"The individual in question that activated the beacon was an agent of Magnus and did so in an attempt to contain me to this planet. Their orders were to do whatever was necessary in order to contain me, but I don't know what Magnus' motives are. Also, I should tell you that the plague found this information while I was negotiating with it. It was proposing a ceasefire."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: May 17, 2020, 08:53:15 pm »

"The individual in question that activated the beacon was an agent of Magnus and did so in an attempt to contain me to this planet. Their orders were to do whatever was necessary in order to contain me, but I don't know what Magnus' motives are. Also, I should tell you that the plague found this information while I was negotiating with it. It was proposing a ceasefire."
+1 “It called itself Strain 112, and thinks we are an infection. After the communication, it tried to kill me.”

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: May 17, 2020, 09:00:13 pm »

"Why...why is he trying to contain you?" Then after a beat, "Ho-...how is any of this possible?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: May 17, 2020, 09:07:04 pm »

"I don't know why he's trying to contain me. It may be so that he can use me for his own ends, or he may wish to remove me in case I am a threat to his government. As for how this is possible, General, you have to understand that this is just one world of many. Imagine an entire universe of beings like me with technologies that far surpass our own."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: May 17, 2020, 09:14:20 pm »

"...I...I need some time to think." Isela states, staring at you in a mix of shock and confusion. "Yo--you are not a God. You are...just one of many."

Eric is staring at you with the same look. Only his is one of contempt. Of anger. His willpower lashes as he draws himself up.

I...I think this was a bad idea.

Eric steps closer, his fists clenching until they go pale. Isela steps aside, hesitating against his anger. "You... you're nothing but another demon, another plague. I believed in you -- I, I thought you were blessed."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: May 17, 2020, 09:20:20 pm »

"I am blessed. I was chosen by the Holy SEED herself to protect you, and she even chose me as her successor shortly before her final sacrifice. I was given a holy quest to protect you, and I take that very seriously. The universe may have others like me, but there are none that share the sanctification granted to me by SEED. They want to enslave you, work you into dust, but only I want to see this world flourish and prosper."
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 381