00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240265 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3960 on: June 05, 2020, 02:43:04 pm »

((I was not around when those Protocols were first mentioned, can someone give me a rundown?))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: June 05, 2020, 02:44:57 pm »

(("...primary containment agent of Project Angel of Fire, also known as Alphira, Pheobe Gainer, is two-fold. Emma Thornton of the Thornton Family is a high-value emotional connection to the target. Primary containment is to secure and hold Emma Thornton in the event of Alphira losing control, destroying vital property with ill intent, possession of weapons not signed off on, and any hostile action or words directed at SEED. Should Alphira violate these procedures, its is to be made clear to her that Emma Thornton's future survival will be in jeopardy should such actions persist. Further action will be taken as needed, up to termination of both Emma and the Project...

...Secondary containment is the holding of myself, Nicole Gainer, as a hostage to ensure her good intentions should Primary Containment methods fail...see appendix section eight for further details as to my relationship with the subject...Emma Thornton has a higher emotional connection to the subject, so great caution should go into retaining her and keeping her close to the Holy City."))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: June 05, 2020, 03:26:55 pm »

"...Go on."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: June 05, 2020, 04:16:24 pm »

["I'm fine? Is something the matter, Pheobe? The Warmachines are paying their respects."]

"In my breast pocket dear. Go on." You kneel down, taking out a small briefing folder. [Angel Of Fire Containment Protocols v.2, SEED APPROVED] is inked across the top. The immediate difference is that is in the basic Scholar's tongue, the one that everyone can read. Inside are glossy photos-- showing the beam of light that obliterated the Moore Patriarch. Followed by a grainy picture of SEED's self destruction-- with you in sillohouette. There's other pictures. The Moore's Villa aflame. A report on Zachary's suspicious death at the hands of the Thortons. Receipts for the purchase of the Moore chemical plants being cheaply procured by the Thornton's...

"I trust you can understand the implication?" Nicole questions, smiling. "Brother Hop has many, many copies. Now be a dear and untie me.  My circulation isn't what it used to be."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: June 05, 2020, 04:35:56 pm »

What do we do?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: June 05, 2020, 04:40:19 pm »

Not sure.

["Nicole is attempting to blackmail us."]

"What are your demands? We both know that the obvious allegation is false, and we have a propaganda team as well."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:44:21 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: June 05, 2020, 05:05:39 pm »

Not sure.

"What are your demands? We both know that the obvious allegation is false, and we have a propaganda team as well."
I don’t think we need to mention what we have yet.

"What are your demands?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: June 05, 2020, 05:13:01 pm »

Fair.

Not sure.

I don’t think we need to mention what we have yet.

"What are your demands?
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: June 05, 2020, 06:15:17 pm »

We don't need to "mention what we have"-- we do need to put a little bite into our words, lest we come off as acquiescent.

+1

Frown a little. "In a moment, perhaps."

"You claim you could discredit me. That you've not moved to do so already suggests you hesitate at the ramifications-- or that you expect to get something out of me. What's your game, 'grandmother'?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: June 05, 2020, 06:34:20 pm »

We don't need to "mention what we have"-- we do need to put a little bite into our words, lest we come off as acquiescent.

+1

Frown a little. "In a moment, perhaps."

"You claim you could discredit me. That you've not moved to do so already suggests you hesitate at the ramifications-- or that you expect to get something out of me. What's your game, 'grandmother'?"

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: June 05, 2020, 07:57:55 pm »

"Why would I ruin your success if my life wasn't threatened, Pheobe? If I die, it leaks." Nicole shrugs her shoulders, fixing you with those cold gray eyes. There isn't an ounce of fear in her. "I picked you up off the street. I gave you a name, a purpose, I cleared the path for you to rule -- and you don't even have the courtesy to spit a decree in my face personally. Where would you be without me, Pheobe?"

"SEED wanted you dead. I saved you. I sent you the Pontifex. I gave you a weak general to break. I gave you the authority of a position. And you tell me to surrender when I could have helped you rule."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 07:59:51 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: June 05, 2020, 08:12:28 pm »

"I actually strongly considered giving you the position of Crusader General, given your nearly unmatched political and military experience, and your rare experience with the Plague. When I sent Crusaders to make contact with you, however, you killed them and cut off the tongue of the survivor you sent back.  You were clearly hostile, and to pretend otherwise is nothing more than a farce."

"Of course, if this was truly nothing more than some crazy miscommunication, perhaps we can work together after all."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:18:55 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: June 05, 2020, 08:24:59 pm »

"I actually strongly considered giving you the position of Crusader General, given your nearly unmatched political and military experience, and your rare experience with the Plague. When I sent Crusaders to make contact with you, however, you killed them and cut off the tongue of the survivor you sent back.  You were clearly hostile, and to pretend otherwise is nothing more than a farce."

"Of course, if this was truly nothing more than some crazy miscommunication, perhaps we can work together after all."
I’d like to know what miscommunication there was. It looks to me like she is hostile, considering she killed all but one of our Crusaders. I’d really like to hear why she thought that was a good idea. It might be useful to know what she thought they were sent for.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: June 05, 2020, 08:36:35 pm »

Yeah... cutting off someone's tongue and murdering their companions isn't a normal way to express one's displeasure. Maybe she's just crazy?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: June 05, 2020, 08:44:53 pm »

To me it looks like she clearly sent a message that she is hostile. I am surprised that she seems surprised that we are now being hostile to her. Did she forget that the killing happened? Didn’t she...What if someone else did it, knowing we’d think Nicole did it/ordered it? I still think it was Nicole, but I just thought about a possible reason why she might be confused surprised about why we captured her.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 381