00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240317 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #5040 on: August 31, 2020, 01:20:59 pm »

"I was just advising on strategy. You want to free them, right?" Rekhyt shrugs, eying the guards who begin to drag the bodies away. The lead slaver steps back up on stage. His gaze drags across the dimly lit crowd, falling on you. He stares you down, before doing the same to another person on the other side of the aisle.

"Alright. Drag out the next one. Come on." The slaver barks.

"But if you want me to take over, just say the word." Rekhyt jokes, his mask grinning for him.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: August 31, 2020, 01:21:37 pm »

Was worth a shot indeed.

Dissolve the minds of the remaining guards, one at a time. Prioritize those closest to the corpses.
Snuff the lamp-flames next-- draw the heat from the combustive reaction, say, or twist the glass over the flame. Again, one at a time.

Creeping fear is our game here, slow and subtle. You can whisk away the captives while the crowd's scared and confused-- with any luck, the people gathered here will attribute the evening's proceedings to a vengeful spirit or some such.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: August 31, 2020, 01:32:48 pm »

Yes, we want them freed, maybe Rekhyt should take over

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: August 31, 2020, 03:04:42 pm »

Practice with different powers is always useful.  This is the kind of thing we can't practice by sparring, after all.

Was worth a shot indeed.

Dissolve the minds of the remaining guards, one at a time. Prioritize those closest to the corpses.
Snuff the lamp-flames next-- draw the heat from the combustive reaction, say, or twist the glass over the flame. Again, one at a time.

Creeping fear is our game here, slow and subtle. You can whisk away the captives while the crowd's scared and confused-- with any luck, the people gathered here will attribute the evening's proceedings to a vengeful spirit or some such.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: August 31, 2020, 07:39:46 pm »

Those that live by the sword -- die by the sword.

[-] You have no problems killing the slavers instantly -- the guards hit the ground in waves as you apply your willpower to the water within their brains. The remainder draw back from their brethren's corpses, only to hit the ground the same as you extend your will further -- there is panic, but only one guard manages to slip out the side door and escape. The lead slaver starts to flee, trying to follow his guard out -- the audience starts up, pressing towards the exit.

[11][20][10]That is, until the lamps smolder and die. One after another. The hall closest to the main exit is plunged into darkness first. There's dread and panic. The slave-buyers are confused and afraid, and the lead slaver slows as the laterns die over the side exit. He's hesitating, and Rekhyt lines up the shot.

"Tell me when."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: August 31, 2020, 07:48:12 pm »

Now

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: August 31, 2020, 08:58:00 pm »

Tell him to take the shot.  Hopefully that will get the crowd moving again.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: August 31, 2020, 09:36:38 pm »

Tell him to take the shot.  Hopefully that will get the crowd moving again.
if the slaver knows he’ll just move out of the way, we need to kill the slaver

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: August 31, 2020, 09:39:52 pm »

Right, and that's who Rekhyt is aiming at.  When Rekhyt "takes the shot," he will fire at the lead slaver and either wound or kill him, unless he misses I guess.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: August 31, 2020, 09:48:53 pm »

Hydrogen Embolism: Novice, Horrifying
((Ahhaha. Ladies and gentledust... we've found ourselves a brand-new adjective. :)) ))

/ Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus and took him.
/ And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
/ Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
/ Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
/ But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Give the order. Take the captives-- explain that you mean them well-- and leave this place, for a safe-house of Rekhyt's choosing.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: August 31, 2020, 10:43:29 pm »

[15+1 vs. 13-1] The lead slaver crumples to the ground with a yelp of pain. An explosion of blood and gore at his hip drops him to the floor-- you glance at Rekhyt's las-gun. The two of you start to move towards the cage. Rekhyt watches the slave buyers on one side, while you watch the other. Guards stand, their hands lingering on their pistols, but they don't draw on you, despite the easy targets you and Rekhyt present. Rekhyt strides past the line of corpses, to the crippled lead slaver.

"Rifle internals?"

"Oh -- yeah. The shock and awe factor is amazing." Rekhyt draws and levels his long knife while pulling the slaver up by the hair. The slaver catches your eye contact. His eyes are unfocused, but there is no fear in them, no shock. Just...acceptance. "I mean, how many times have you had to change a pistol mag? Why carry extra?"

"That's....that's fair, yeah." You dip your head in a nod, and Rekhyt cuts the slaver -- ...like a pig.

"So, I figure -- why not put that power to use."

You nod again as Rekhyt cleans his blade. The slave-buyers are sitting patiently.

"They're waiting for us to start selling." He explains.

You turn towards the crowd to glare at the eighteen masked individuals that stare back at you. With your only arm, you lift your hand and gesture to the exit. A low murmur breaks out through the crowd, but they leave -- only after a glance back at 'Khudal,' who tilts his head and lifts his pistol.

"Do you know a safe house we could use?" You question, starting towards the cage. The huddled masses, clad in rags and smelling of filth, nervously shift away, but you don't have to speak a word. You lift your mask and give a smile to your people. Shock, then surprise, then tears  -- tears of joy. Of hope. Some fall to their knees in prayer. While not quite sure who you are, the Outlanders relax a little when their comrades in chains explain.

With one smile and not one word the crowd of slaves knows what you represent.

"Touching. You've got a place." Rekhyt interrupts, and you twist your attention away from the 'slaves'.

Shepherding twenty-nine former slaves through the city to the hover-dock takes the better part of two hours. Boarding and explaining the situation to your guard takes another hour -- the only thing they want to know is if they should leave now or later to deliver them home. Rekhyt, however, shakes his head.

"No, no. Leaving would be suspicious. Stay. I'll pay for the food bills." He pulls out a bag of coins and tosses it at your captain's feet. "Enough for a week."

The Crusader, to her credit, only looks to you. When you dip a nod, the captain snatches up the bag and gives a duck of her head to Rekhyt.

You step out on to the landing pad and stretch. Rekhyt yawns, "So, where to next, Goddess?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:51:58 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: August 31, 2020, 10:49:20 pm »

((What is the significance of the "horrifying" label?))

The black market, perhaps?  If not there, maybe we could visit the temple of the fire god.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: August 31, 2020, 11:02:03 pm »

Actually, what about what the working class and upper class do for entertainment?

Maybe see some art?  Or I guess a temple would have most of the art.

Nasty little trick you got there!  Almost as fun as the one I used to take out starships by breaching the fusion generators with micro wormholes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: August 31, 2020, 11:05:05 pm »

We were just at the black market. We should at least learn the religion(s)? of our potential alliance members, +1 to temple exploration

Actually, what about what the working class and upper class do for entertainment?

Maybe see some art?  Or I guess a temple would have most of the art.
+1 to these suggestions

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: August 31, 2020, 11:09:12 pm »

The black market is actually separate from the slave market.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 381