Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 38475 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 7
« Reply #225 on: February 29, 2020, 02:54:25 pm »

We could keep an eye on him and tail him (while being careful not to be drawn into an ambush), attempt to sneak up on him and disable him for interrogation, or simply approach him and indicate that we are aware he is casing the place.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 29, 2020, 03:06:13 pm »

We could keep an eye on him and tail him (while being careful not to be drawn into an ambush), attempt to sneak up on him and disable him for interrogation, or simply approach him and indicate that we are aware he is casing the place.
+1

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 29, 2020, 03:08:40 pm »

In my opinion, those options are mutually exclusive.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 29, 2020, 03:10:02 pm »

We could keep an eye on him and tail him (while being careful not to be drawn into an ambush), attempt to sneak up on him and disable him for interrogation
+1

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 29, 2020, 03:10:56 pm »

We could keep an eye on him and tail him (while being careful not to be drawn into an ambush), attempt to sneak up on him and disable him for interrogation
+1
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 29, 2020, 03:30:01 pm »

Can you be a bit more specific?  Are you going to try to tail the guy to gather more information, or are you going to tail the guy as a prelude to an attack, or are you going to sneak up to the guy and try an attack on him where he's currently located?

And you said disable, so you want to attack nonlethally?  Does that include defending yourself nonlethally should you get noticed and attacked back?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 29, 2020, 03:36:51 pm »

Can you be a bit more specific?  Are you going to try to tail the guy to gather more information, or are you going to tail the guy as a prelude to an attack, or are you going to sneak up to the guy and try an attack on him where he's currently located?

And you said disable, so you want to attack nonlethally?  Does that include defending yourself nonlethally should you get noticed and attacked back?
we should probably tail him for an attack, better safe than sorry. If he does attack, use lethal defense, he would likely try to kill us

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 29, 2020, 03:40:50 pm »

I think I actually would prefer to covertly tail him in order to gather information.  It makes most sense to me to respond non-lethally if attacked, as he would be a good source of information.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 11:12:11 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 29, 2020, 03:41:43 pm »

I think I actually would prefer to covertly tail him in order to gather information.
oh yeah, good point +1

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 29, 2020, 08:45:40 pm »

Probably it will be extremely dangerous, but we have to do something... I'm not sure what else to do.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 29, 2020, 10:25:02 pm »

If you want more time to think about it, I'll put it off until Monday.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 29, 2020, 10:33:50 pm »

Let's see if we can enumerate the possible approaches and their pros and cons:

1.  Attempt to covertly tail him, while also being wary of being drawn into an ambush.  Don't engage.  Instead, see what we can learn by following his movements.

2.  Approach him and attempt to extract information from him verbally, such as by (falsely) agreeing to assist in his plot.

3.  Sneak up on him and attack him, to either disable him or kill him.

4.  Covertly tail him and then attack when we have an advantage or are out of sight of the public.

5.  Get outside help from Li Yue, the Wind school, or the guards.

6.  Do nothing.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 10:38:51 pm by ZBridges »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 29, 2020, 10:44:47 pm »

There's one more bit of information.  Trying to subdue, that is, specifically fight non-lethally is subject to a large penalty in combat.  If this guy is the assassin, you know he's capable of effective murder.  If you are fighting to defend yourself, your limited skills will not be sufficient to overcome the (large) penalty given to fighting in an explicitly non-lethal manner, and it's reasonable to assume that said assassin has at least some combat skills, and is extremely likely to be armed.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 29, 2020, 10:50:32 pm »

In that case, trying to engage him ourselves seems like a bad idea, and if we have to fight him, we should definitely not do so non-lethally.  That eliminates options 3 and 4, in my opinion.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 29, 2020, 10:53:58 pm »

Let's let drama dice level our intimidation for us!

Approach the guy in the open, tell him that, as a servant of Li Yue we've noticed him hanging around in a suspicious and illegal manner, and that if we catch him spying again we will have to resort to more expedient measures, involving institutional violence.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47