Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 39056 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 9
« Reply #435 on: March 19, 2020, 05:06:10 pm »

If the training remains poor, we should just cancel it.

Get the blade identified
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 19, 2020, 05:09:36 pm »

The appointment goes.. well, you're not really sure how a normal appointment would go.  Fortunately, the premonition of a professional almost getting killed by examining something doesn't happen.  The professional does spend about three hours examining the black blade, before coming to the conclusion that's it's a magic item, but only due to proximity to other magic items.  "It's a spiritual energy infused weapon, yes, but that's not because it was infused for some function.  It's infused by spiritual energy because it was beside or inhabited by a powerful spirit for a long period of time.  That's why there are no command words, or triggers, because the energy was a byproduct of exposure, not infused for a purpose."

"If you want to use the energy productively, well, the amount is fairly moderate, and possibly enough to trigger one or two magical effects before being depleted.  Since it doesn't actually have a spirit in it, there won't be any creature fighting for its life if you use its energy, so that'll be useful.

That said.. I'm a bit worried it might have went inside you if you found it, and I suspect you might not be aware of it if the spirit is hiding inside you.  Have you had any odd feelings lately?  Dreams?  Noticed any unusual drives or skills or abilities?"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:11:30 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 19, 2020, 05:12:28 pm »

If I do have a spirit in me, they have not been harmful. I have had some dreams, yes, one was before zi found the sword, and one was after

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 19, 2020, 05:13:20 pm »

"All of those things, yes, but I started experiencing them a long time before I acquired the blade."

"Also... could I trouble you to identify these magical symbols?"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:18:52 pm by ZBridges »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 19, 2020, 05:14:23 pm »

Hmm. We should visit a library or something to learn more about languages.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 19, 2020, 05:16:55 pm »

You've had the dreams for an unspecified period of time before the start of the game, culminating with the one in the OP.

And you can tell the arcanist whatever you want, but you do have spirits inside you.  There's some evidence that you could use to suspect that, but it hasn't been confirmed through examination yet.. at least in this game.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 19, 2020, 05:18:21 pm »

I do believe that spirits are inside us, but I doubt it's related to the blade.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 19, 2020, 05:54:03 pm »

"All of those things, yes, but I started experiencing them a long time before I acquired the blade."

"Also... could I trouble you to identify these magical symbols?"
+1 Show the symbols we wrote down

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 19, 2020, 06:59:04 pm »

You bring out your diagrams and ask some further questions.  You can tell the arcanist would like to finish up with you, but upon seeing the diagrams, reconsiders and begins examining them more closely.

After about a half-hour of examining them and getting some of the story from you, mostly about where they were being used, there are some conclusions to be drawn.

-It's not obvious how these are to be used.  Some of the diagrams seem to be for long-distance direction, or providing fixed or relative locations of objects.  It would make some sense to be using trees for this, as trees stay in fixed locations to each other, but odd to be using living objects.

-Fire is somhow involved.  Directing fire energy around is a pain and is rife with dissolution.. storing fire energy for any length of time longer than an hour or so is nearly impossible.  If you want to use it, you need to make a fire and direct it into the object, and then use it right away.

You are warned about the spirits, though, because spirits don't see things the same way as people do.  If they get bored with you, they might make you do strange and bizarre things, that can be harmful to your well-being.  You are encouraged to maintain touchstones, that is, people who can direct you if your behavior changes, as what seems perfectly normal to you might be extremely bizarre to someone who knows you well.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 19, 2020, 09:39:55 pm »

The blade doesn't seem immediately useful... We could try to channel the remaining energy when we have a better understanding of magic, or we could just sell it.

Ask her for a referral if we did want to to investigate the spirits inside us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 19, 2020, 09:41:07 pm »

The blade doesn't seem immediately useful... We could try to channel the remaining energy when we have a better understanding of magic, or we could just sell it.

Ask her for a referral if we did want to to investigate the spirits inside us.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 19, 2020, 09:59:30 pm »

"I can just do it myself.  Do you want an appointment for next week, and what do you want done with those spirits?  An exorcism?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 19, 2020, 10:01:37 pm »

"I can just do it myself.  Do you want an appointment for next week, and what do you want done with those spirits?  An exorcism?"
”Next week sounds good. No exorcism, I just want to learn more about the various minds I share this body with”

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 19, 2020, 10:02:53 pm »

”Next week sounds good. No exorcism, I just want to learn more about the various minds I share this body with”

This plus:

"Would it be possible to do something to allow me to communicate with the spirits more easily?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 19, 2020, 10:16:07 pm »

"How do you communicate with them normally?"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47