Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409633 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3510 on: August 14, 2023, 03:24:52 pm »

Where are these night troll children coming from? It's three hundred years they should all be adults by now. Are night trolls still kidnapping people?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: August 14, 2023, 04:45:13 pm »

Where are these night troll children coming from? It's three hundred years they should all be adults by now. Are night trolls still kidnapping people?

Yeah, I think this might have something to do with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edited: spoilers for recent turns.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 04:52:24 pm by kesperan »
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: August 14, 2023, 05:34:05 pm »

https://youtu.be/mlM5apia4go
How could such a thing have come to pass?!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: August 14, 2023, 05:45:25 pm »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: August 14, 2023, 06:31:41 pm »

EDIT: It's a turkey leather backpack full of body parts; either Mokun Cosmosclean or Weenie should have it in their inventory. Whoops, looks like I left it in Mokun's inventory and forgot to hand it to Weenie along with the slab  :-[ .

Went back and decided to hook you up with what was in there, err most of it.

But yeah, I think you're in for a uhh... Well, OKAY. So theres good news and bad news.

The good news is  you're a whatever you are now. And you will undoubtedly strike terror into the hearts of mortal men, and likely undead too for that matter. I mean you are REALLY SCARY.

The bad news is that we experienced a few very minor complications during one of the procedures. And a couple of the demon rats that were infused into your brain matter, to control your thoughts, may have escaped, likely through one of your skull holes. Which may have slightly impacted the functionality of certain particular sensory organs.

...You have did holes in your skull prior to undergoing the procedure, didn't you? I wouldn't worry about it too much, we will get that fixed up for you in a jiffy. However, the extra service fees are going to cost you. Dearly, I might add.

Honestly, we don't expect that you'll be able to collect honey pots for us anytime soon, what with your hands, and the beautiful, unique, and horrifying state you're now currently in. So we'll have to work out an individualized payment plan for you.

Ha, you know, ha, if I'm being honest here with you for a moment, completely honest, if I were in your shoes? And I woke up looking like how you do now, I would probably just run toward the nearest living thing and kill it. And you know, start making those bubbling lobster sounds (or whatever it is you do). But hey, we figure this might just work to your advantage, considering your uhh... "circumstances."

Look, you're big, mean, intimidating, and possibly able to put together thoughts of a semi-coherent nature, so we have a proposition.

Whispering to the hulking monstrosity, "Ya see, we got a little job for ya'"

"We wants you to sneak into the Museums and makes off with whatever fancy artifacts you can get your slimy tendrils on. Just bust a few skulls, and grab whatever loot you can find. And make your ways back to camps Honeyhammer, capeesh?"

"We didn't gives you no preemo' monster juice job so you could sits there daydreamin' about eatin' squirrels.

Look, you bring us an artifact, and we fix up that nogin of yours, you understand?

You up for letting out some grotesque bio-horror infused rage ain't cha? Then get goin'. And if you f*ck with us, or try fleein' out over into dem hills, we'll find you, and we do... we'll put you into that bee cellar with the rest of dem schlubs who couldn't afford to pay off none of their monster-horror correction surprise surgeries."

(God damn bio-freak mutant amateurs.)

---------------------------------------
Not sure where the accent came from, it just sort of happened.

Anyway, we polished up Honeyhammer, gathered a couple henchmen. Demonstrated for QB the limit by which there are fates worse than death, and notably which ones specifically are the most entertaining for necromancers and nefarious ghouls. Speaking of ghouls, happened across some lawmaker and his wife, who were like... eating live deer in a ravine?  Anyway, they're dead now. Well, I mean they were undead when we found them. But QB should have a pretty good idea where their skulls are located, heh heh. 

We did lose a considerable amount of time with this turn though. I think 3.5 hours total. And thats not just wandering around time, 2.5 of those hours were single tile advfort base construction micro, which, I'm actually not that mad about, strangely (I'm not really sure why) I guess its because we got the main broad strokes down, and thats enough for me. We did have one structural collapse at the tower during its construction (probably because I'm an idiot) and I had to redo 24% of the floor on 7z levels, and we lost a couple caged prisoners during that collapse as well. (*_* ) Alas, their tortured wails and screams will be sorely missed.

Oh, btw QB. We almost died right at the start lol. Like, just as we started traveling we got ambushed by like 11 dingo men. And we were both pretty encumbered, I'm missing an arm, our equipment sucked. And you kept RAISING INTELLIGENT DINGO MEN! We almost bit the big one right at the very start lol.

Other close calls included the night troll children massacre, where I had to leave the last one alive, due to my last arm giving out and being unable to wield my axe. Had to call it a day and get those skulls back to base. A kick to the penultimate night creature's skull caved it in, so we were free to stumble our way out burlap sack full of corpse parts. But yeah, theres one left in there.

I also found a populated goblin camp, and the first enemy I came across was a spear master, and I totally forgot how nooby my adventurer is in terms of weapon skill. So it was a little close, but eventually we bit into their unprotected left leg with the ol' axe, and once they were unable to walk, it was just down hill from there for them. Looked up the npc's history and their notable kills include one of Bralbaard's first npc companions, from year 200 or something, and notably they killed a Sasquatch. So vengeance is yours buddy.

I'm just about done with the turn and will have the save hosted tomorrow probably.

I've taken a number of screenshots and stuff thus far, but I think it might just be better for the turn to speak for itself after I upload it.
But I mean it when I say that things were getting a little hairy with that goblin spear-master though. I almost didn't make it through that. (named the character for reference later) But yeah, this could've been bad lol.

Edit: fixed errors, added some details, etc.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 08:36:27 pm by dikbutdagrate »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: August 14, 2023, 11:13:46 pm »

Decided to explore a collapsed fortress up north from Honey Hammer as a final adventure before retiring the save for the next person. I didn't even bother to look at the name before I ventured in. And come to think of it, I still don't know what the place is called, lol.

But I felt it deserved its own micro write up. So this is the last bit before I turn over the save.

The fortress:

The Cavern:

And the sounds of dull earthen tilling, and the clinking of gold, echoed on into the night.
 -----------------------------------------------------

https://youtu.be/mlM5apia4go
How could such a thing have come to pass?!
Also, hell yeah JoJo's.

Heres the current save for turn 126. Bralbaard, you're up!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rKBYH67SvBlmseGBK8iAImqN5zeVuFAN/view?usp=drive_link
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:52:51 am by dikbutdagrate »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: August 15, 2023, 03:41:19 am »

That extremely creepy place is the excellent Relicward.

Sounds like you had an interesting turn murdering Maloy’s night troll children and creating a freakish monster out of QD’s adventurer.

Good luck Bralbaard!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: August 15, 2023, 06:37:41 am »

The demons were not an intended feature. Also I forget which goddess the temple was dedicated to, Death and War were her spheres if I recall. Still my favorite art piece I've built in a fortress.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 06:39:50 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: August 15, 2023, 12:26:42 pm »

I can't download, Dikbutdagrate will have to verify first, something with access settings. The good news is that this will give me some time to read the latest entries and update some posts.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: August 15, 2023, 01:52:13 pm »

The demons were not an intended feature. Also I forget which goddess the temple was dedicated to, Death and War were her spheres if I recall. Still my favorite art piece I've built in a fortress.

The temple there is dedicated to Midor, the death god of The Staff of Kissing and the deity responsible for the entrance of the infamous Dreamypuzzled the Tenebrous Obscurity to Orid Xem, and the vault of Cradledmartyrs to hold his name slab.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: August 15, 2023, 02:00:30 pm »

I can't download, Dikbutdagrate will have to verify first, something with access settings. The good news is that this will give me some time to read the latest entries and update some posts.
Same, it's asking me for an account.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: August 15, 2023, 06:09:13 pm »

The file should still be easily compressed under 500Mb for DFFD, at least for now.

I just compressed turn 126 (the last one that Maloy couldn't upload to DFFD) into a 477Mb file.

You need to make sure that compressed saves are not turned on - this is an option in the Advanced tab of LNP for those who use it. If the save is already compressed by the game, WinRAR or other utilities struggle to compress it further.

Uncompressed save compressed by WinRAR "best" has always been under 500Mb.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: August 15, 2023, 08:22:16 pm »

My bad! Forgot to adjust permission. Heres the save.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rKBYH67SvBlmseGBK8iAImqN5zeVuFAN/view?usp=sharing

The file should still be easily compressed under 500Mb for DFFD, at least for now.

I just compressed turn 126 (the last one that Maloy couldn't upload to DFFD) into a 477Mb file.

You need to make sure that compressed saves are not turned on - this is an option in the Advanced tab of LNP for those who use it. If the save is already compressed by the game, WinRAR or other utilities struggle to compress it further.

Uncompressed save compressed by WinRAR "best" has always been under 500Mb.
I definitely did not do that this time around, as I just went with the default settings.
However, I'll be sure to turn off compressed saves prior to zipping in the future.

edit: btw Bralbaard, apparently I avenged one of your early traveling companions. I forget their name, but the goblin spear master apparently killed em'. I have no idea if your companion was important or not, but feel free to poke around in legends, if you're interested in learning whose vengeance was delivered.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 08:40:18 pm by dikbutdagrate »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: August 16, 2023, 05:36:23 am »

Related to the file size issues, I have noticed there is one particular file which is massive compared to the others.

Site-1717.dat is 802Mb. The next largest file is the WORLD.dat at 180Mb.

Site-1717 presumably refers to a player fort although I am not sure it is possible to figure out which one, and/or why it is such a large file?

Edit: OK, that's new:

« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 06:13:56 am by kesperan »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: August 16, 2023, 06:19:52 am »

Edit: OK, that's new:

HAHAHAHAHAH WHAT?!

The dark gnome Illuminati has finally taken control
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 06:21:57 am by Maloy »
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 263