Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Autumn Kingdom Spookycession fortress - overseers welcome  (Read 4701 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Autumn Kingdom Spookycession fortress - overseers welcome
« on: October 01, 2023, 07:48:47 am »

Feels like that time of the year for spooky forts and pumpkin forts!

After a long arduous journey to acquire the .47.05 version of autumn kingdom it lives!

We shall build a home for the noble pumpkin heads of this world!

Will we build a house of nightmares, a peaceful autumn village, or something far worse than either? You decide!!

You get 3 days with the fortress to use as much in-game time as you so desire!

NOT MY ART - Source: https://www.deviantart.com/0bo/art/dwarf-346991525
Turn List:
Sodafountain
Salmeuk
Maloy

Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3
Entry 4
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 05:39:49 am by Maloy »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Time for another Autumn Kingdom Community Fortress
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 09:34:54 am »

The first episode of Waddlesquash has some links (for 0.47.05) in the description. Don't know if they're the most recent ones, tho.

Quote from: Krugg's channel
Autumn Kingdom Mod
Tileset (png)
Spoiler: colors.txt (click to show/hide)

I might be in for a turn (if not too busy with other DF games). Haven't given the mod a try and would be interested in it.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 06:02:28 pm »

I'll be happy to read along!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 07:01:05 pm »

I'd be willing to help with any installation issues regarding tilesets, as I recall the quirks of manual editing inits

i haven't seen too many workshop mods, but I take it you were intending to use 47.05 ? then it would be a matter of reading through the 'released mods' subsection. a lot of buried but interesting mods can be found... making them all work together can be a paid depending on what edits were made to vanilla raws

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 03:47:34 am »

Spooky forts are always fun to read.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 05:15:36 am »

Yeah I'll ask for help specifically on the step by step on importing the tileset Krugg used in his autumn kingdom fort

I LOVE the pumpkin heads and those ghost people civilization
I think they'd be fun to play for the season. I got the .47.05 version of that mod installed just struggling on tileset

They released a .50 version of the mod, but I ran into a bunch of issues on install and so either I'm not doing it right or it's not good to use right now

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 05:35:36 am »

Just as a heads up that you'll also need to do some minor raw editing to get the pumpkin heads of the Kruggsmash tileset to work:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=179199.msg8326221#msg8326221
The tileset Krugg posted is not compatible with the Fall Special on the DF File Depot.

I believe you can manually change the pumpkin tile by opening ./raw/creature_civilised_pumpkin.txt and changing [CREATURE_TILE:'i'] to [CREATURE_TILE:1] and [CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:139] to [CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:2].

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2023, 03:50:00 pm »

Definitely interested in playing a fall-themed succession fort. Been disappointed in the lack of .47.05 games but been too lazy to do one myself, because scenario building isn't my forte.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2023, 09:59:54 pm »

Love to see that if you can get it to work. 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2023, 12:54:45 pm »

IT'S ALIVE

I dug up my old laptop which has the autumn kingdom mod installed on it and I copied it over to the new! No tileset and you know what? I'm over it lol

47.05 is the version

Rules:
You got three days to play and as much in-game time as you want!

Theme:
No theme one guy can play a peaceful autumn forest and the next can turn the fortress into a dungeon of horrors for bogeymen idc!

I'll start it but you can already request turns!

We are a pretty little pumpkin people who have always desired peace and agricultural toil in this nice world of ours. We worship a strange supernatural pumpkin force that awakened us and with its will perhaps we might still live peacefully? Maybe?

Here is our world:

We are surrounded by bogeymen in their dark pits and silly shenanigans
Strangelings who live in the woods and hate all things fun
Specters who are a civilization of ghosts living in the mountains(who also wiped out every other threat in like 5 previous world gens)
Humans so the specters can reproduce I guess
and us the true inheriters of the earth: Pumpkins

We also live in a society

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet, but here is my start

Here is my expedition leader

I'll update the first post soon to reflect and add any turns requested!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2023, 02:48:55 pm »

Nice!

Shouldn't be a lack of trees on the western part of the embark.

Is the east part a mountain biome? We won't be planting much crops on that side, if it is...

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2023, 10:51:41 pm »

Sign me up. It's always nice to have neighbors . especially the ones that bring us varieties of food, fruits, and giant animals

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2023, 01:40:10 pm »

Go ahead and dorf pumpkin me. I'll take a herbalist/planter.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2023, 02:43:00 am »

I'd also like a pumpkin when ever you have one available.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Autumn Kingdom Spookycession fortress - overseers welcome
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2023, 05:38:26 am »

Yeahhhh I picked it to border it I figure the treeless area might be good for building...

You've been PUMPKIN'D
Delphonso is head pumpkin of our expedition and also lead farmer and head of the militia!

Zultan is both good at warrior stuff and bookkeeping so we shall see how that plays out

My goal was straightforward: Build a mansion!

Our pumpkin heads start off by plowing fields near the planned worksite
As Brewer Bob noted on the mountain side farming has less options, in fact only one option: Mushrooms. Thankfully we have some to grow there so we can use that land too!

Anywho we also build a nice log dormitory cabin and lay the floor down for the first room of the mansion

We need stone so we start mining. I'm really curious what has been modded into the cavern layer!

We should really do something interesting with this Hand-shaped brook

Those orange symbols around the brook are wild great pumpkins: Horse-sized giant pumpkins that make great beasts of burden if we can catch and tame them!

Speaking of... merchant wagons arrive pulled by some and I let the Liaison know we want some of those next year plus the smaller variant too

Bad news from the world at large... within the same year as our own expedition the Bogeys declared war and launched a huge offensive on us attacking three different towns many times and kidnapping pumpkin heads from settlements across the world!
Add to that the strangelings in the forests next to us also declared war (It wasn't me I swear)
Despite waging war on us it doesn't show the Bogeys at war with us. They are the B symbol

So now I'm juggling prepping defenses too!

Mansion is coming along too!

Posh dining hall, sitting room, kitchen, and a ballroom. More rooms to be added, but they also need decoration and traps!

I label parts of it as a tavern to build traffic and encounter The Bug

Specters come visit us and within moments they explode. This bug was present in Krugg's use of the mod, but it was fixed originally. In fact, my two other saves with this exact mod have specters in them with no problems! Anyone got any ideaS?

Well, anyways exploding ghosts aside for now...

I command scythes to be made for spooky military reasons, but also believe we will need a squad of blunderbuss wielders I just ran out of time

I used the rest of my turn building a log hospital and barracks while working on the mansion

Found hematite and copper ore here! We got a good mineral set up!

Things I wanted to do: Finish mansion and add traps so invaders get ran through a gauntlet haunted mansion, build houses for everyone, build more aesthetically pleasing fields, build a halloween themed military. FIX THE EXPLODING GHOSTS
At the very least we know we can declare war on the specters and any enemies they send after us will all explode and leave us free loot!

Salmeuk it is yours! https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16868
Pages: [1] 2 3 4