Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: Risky Ventures! - Year 2 Autumnwake - I need to sink more boats  (Read 29560 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

This is a generic fantasy world, similar to Haspen's SPAMkingdom games, so questions of what year it is or how the humans got here are a bit moot.

Year 1 Summerrise
TURNTURNTURN
Near the beginning of the month, the 'Yarnu' has finished taking on supplies and so sets for the Nearsouthlands.

Closely following is the 'Repeat Visit', a six-way purchase between Imaginary Productions, Unpleasant LLC, Intended Improvements Company, Yearvent Shipping, Ashford Core and RiverFort LTD.

In related news, the shipyards have depleted the local stockpiles of lumber and pushed the price up to 0.6g. In turn, this means that ships now cost 11 guineas for the moment. This might make share distribution difficult in the future.

A couple of weeks later, the 'Laden Swallow' returns. Like its namesake it is also carrying a wondrous bounty, although of sand instead of coconuts. Iron Mountain Ind., Mineral CO and  Nagant Ventures get +3 Sand, whilst RiverFort LTD get +1 Sand.

The crew have even more strange stories to tell. They tell anyone who will listen about a large green hulled ship with broad, square sails and manned by a veritable horde of small furry creatures that was docked in a sealed area of the port. When questioned, the locals said they came from somewhere far to the South.

Ships at Port
Laden Swallow - Preparing to sail for the Nearsouthlands (Sand)

Current Voyages
Marvelous Minnow - Exploring the West Sea since Year 1 Springwake
Yarnu - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 Summerrise. Expected return Year 1 Low Summer
Repeat Visit - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 Summerrise. Expected return Year 1 Low Summer
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:47:46 pm by Kashyyk »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile

Mineral Co shall sell the 3 sand for 1.5 guinea and offer to buy a share of the Laden swallow from RiverFort LTD for 1.5 guinea.
Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iron Mountain Ind. sells its 3 sand for 1.5 guinea.

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The crew have even more strange stories to tell. They tell anyone who will listen about a large green hulled ship with broad, square sails and manned by a veritable horde of small furry creatures that was docked in a sealed area of the port. When questioned, the locals said they came from somewhere far to the South.
Gasp! Could it be?
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mineral Co shall sell the 3 sand for 1.5 guinea and offer to buy a share of the Laden swallow from RiverFort LTD for 1.5 guinea.

I do not accept the offer, as with the voting system I suggested, you would get complete veto power in the ship.

I'll also not sell my sand just yet

Spoiler: RiverFort LTD Assets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 07:37:52 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nagant Ventures will sell 2 sand for 1 guinea.

(So could a royal favor be used to lower the cost of ships?)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That depends on how you expect the Queen to be able to help with the problem. Draft a proposal and see what she says.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures! - Year 1 High Summer
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2020, 05:58:30 am »

Year 1 High Summer
TURNTURNTURN
The 'Laden Swallow' finishes its turn around and heads back out to the Nearsouthlands.

With the steady supply of Sand to the Motherlands, industries relying on those imports have started to appear. Fine glassworks has given the high nobility a new source of opulence in chandeliers, glass drinking vessels and even windows! Now they can gaze out onto their gardens without being irritated by the smell of the serfs tending them. Even alchemists have taken up some glassware, claiming it helps them examine their creations.

Current Voyages
Yarnu - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 Summerrise. Expected return Year 1 Low Summer
Repeat Visit - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 Summerrise. Expected return Year 1 Low Summer
Laden Swallow - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 High Summer. Expected return Year 1 Autumnrise

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not much to do this month, eh? Unless several new investors join, or folks want to take out loans, there isn't enough capital going around to build a new ship (I think, I haven't counted). Even if there was, I would personally prefer to wait and see if McBeardly returns in the next few months, since he might bring word of new, potentially more profitable investment opportunities. 
Long Live United Forenia!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Essentially. I know I'm out of money until the Repeat Visit gets back at the very least, and I think most people with ready cash used it on the Repeat Visit.

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I have sand I can sell but I can't do much with 0.5 Guineas anyway.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Year 1 Low Summer
TURNTURNTURN
Within days of one another, the 'Yarnu' and the 'Repeat Visit' return to the Motherlands, bellies heaving with precious sand. When questioned, the crew didn't see any ships crewed by small rodents, but a number of the pricier street stalls were selling shredded meats in bread that set the mouth aflame despite the ice boxes they were stored in. Perhaps those furry traders would be willing to part with this substance in exchange for some trinkets. If we ever find their homeland anyway.

Yearven Shipping, Ashford Core, Unpleasant LLC gets +4 Sand
RiverFort LTD gets +3 Sand
Noname Incorporated, Imaginery Productions gets +2 Sand
Intended Improvements Company gets +1 Sand

Ships in Port
Yarnu - Preparing to sail for Nearsouthlands (Sand)
Repeat Visit - preparing to sail for Nearsouthlands (Sand)

Current Voyages
Laden Swallow - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 High Summer. Expected return Year 1 Autumnrise

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: IIC Assets (click to show/hide)
I think I might wait for a price change in sand before selling it

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I too will hold off on selling my sand.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I as well. If nothing else I really want to see what, if anything, the Marvelous Minnow finds on its presumably three month tour of the West Seas before deciding on how to use my resources next.

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34