Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 63749 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Day 1 Sounds the Alarm
« Reply #270 on: November 23, 2020, 03:53:15 pm »

I wonder if the psychic interference might hint that we're all secretly psychic if that's the case. I want someone to try to read my win-con when the night game comes around.
Maybe the psychic interference is from ALL OF THE MIND SHIELDS.

Well, this is sus, webadict.
Caz, don't say that! A vigilante might show up and kill me tonight! :'( Then you'll feel really bad.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 23, 2020, 03:57:18 pm »

So what's the plan then? Are we just gonna daisy chain it? Because if so I wanna kill Caz

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 23, 2020, 03:58:59 pm »

Alright, here's the plan.

Spoiler: The Plan (click to show/hide)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 23, 2020, 03:59:33 pm »

Alright, here's the plan.

Spoiler: The Plan (click to show/hide)
Agreed.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 23, 2020, 03:59:44 pm »

I still gonna bet for now the "rocks fall, everyone dies" plan is a red herring, like in BP1. 

If I'm right, cool.   If not, well you're supposed to question everything in a bastard game anyway.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 23, 2020, 04:00:31 pm »

The Monitor
heydude6: Jim Groovester
Luckyowl: heydude6, juicebox
Toonyman: 4maskwolf
webadict: Toonyman
No Lynch: Luckyowl, Shakerag, webadict

Day ends in ~4 hours. There is 1/10 votes to Shorten the day. 6/10 needed to Shorten.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 23, 2020, 04:08:31 pm »

I'd like to see peace circle man and vote the mod man cast their votes.

Shorten because I'm impatient and don't want to wait four hours for the day to end.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 23, 2020, 04:09:17 pm »

So what's the plan then? Are we just gonna daisy chain it? Because if so I wanna kill Caz
Yes, while I agree with Jim's plan I have a better, much more foolproof plan that I guarantee with my life:

Juicebox kill Caz
Caz kill 4mask
4mask kill Shakerag
Shakerag kill Luckyowl
Luckyowl kill Webadict
Webadict kill Heydude
Heydude kill IcyTea
IcyTea kill Jim
Jim kill Me
Me Kill You

These words written here will not be deviated from, the game will end tomorrow, and we will all be winners.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 23, 2020, 04:09:38 pm »

The Monitor

Day ends in ~4 hours. There is 1/10 votes to Shorten the day. 6/10 needed to Shorten.

I am voting Luckyowl, not heydude6.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 23, 2020, 04:17:18 pm »

I still gonna bet for now the "rocks fall, everyone dies" plan is a red herring, like in BP1. 

If I'm right, cool.   If not, well you're supposed to question everything in a bastard game anyway.
True, but... Like, what are we supposed to believe in if we reject all information? Isn't that just applied nihilism? At that point, we can't even accept that anything exists or is usable because we don't have the potential to interact with it. It's a rejection of free will because we no longer control the means to our own win, and if we can't win, why play?

The only method we all win is if we kill no one or kill everyone, based on the information we have. But, if we apply the Prisoner's Dilemma to that, we're forced into killing tonight. And that's the optimal play in this case.

If you believe someone is suspicious, kill them. If you don't, kill someone else. If I could guarantee that no one died, I'd shoot for the first plan, but that's not a viable strategy here.

Yes, while I agree with Jim's plan I have a better, much more foolproof plan that I guarantee with my life:

Juicebox kill Caz
Caz kill 4mask
4mask kill Shakerag
Shakerag kill Luckyowl
Luckyowl kill Webadict
Webadict kill Heydude
Heydude kill IcyTea
IcyTea kill Jim
Jim kill Me
Me Kill You

These words written here will not be deviated from, the game will end tomorrow, and we will all be winners.
I like this plan except that I don't get to plasma bomb Jim, and also it's a plan, and I don't trust anyone to follow it.

Also, it's really weird how you chose this order, because it's ALMOST the front page order, except that's
Caz
4maskwolf
Shakerag
Luckyowl
webadict
heydude6
juicebox
IcyTea31
Jim Groovester
Toonyman
Why the fuck is juicebox out of order?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #280 on: November 23, 2020, 04:24:12 pm »

Juicebox kill Caz
Caz kill 4mask
4mask kill Shakerag
Shakerag kill Luckyowl
Luckyowl kill Webadict
Webadict kill Heydude
Heydude kill IcyTea
IcyTea kill Jim
Jim kill Me
Me Kill You

I like your plan and all. But it's that uncertainty that lingers with me. How can I trust that you, IcyTea31 and Jim will follow through? And why Juicebox is out of the loop?

I'm honestly just gonna kill whoever I feel is the dopp exterminator.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 23, 2020, 04:26:41 pm »

The Monitor

Uhhhh, I don't recall placing a vote

Juicebox kill Caz
Caz kill 4mask
4mask kill Shakerag
Shakerag kill Luckyowl
Luckyowl kill Webadict
Webadict kill Heydude
Heydude kill IcyTea
IcyTea kill Jim
Jim kill Me
Me Kill You

I like your plan and all. But it's that uncertainty that lingers with me. How can I trust that you, IcyTea31 and Jim will follow through? And why Juicebox is out of the loop?

I'm honestly just gonna kill whoever I feel is the dopp exterminator.

True, but... Like, what are we supposed to believe in if we reject all information? Isn't that just applied nihilism? At that point, we can't even accept that anything exists or is usable because we don't have the potential to interact with it. It's a rejection of free will because we no longer control the means to our own win, and if we can't win, why play?

The only method we all win is if we kill no one or kill everyone, based on the information we have. But, if we apply the Prisoner's Dilemma to that, we're forced into killing tonight. And that's the optimal play in this case.

If you believe someone is suspicious, kill them. If you don't, kill someone else. If I could guarantee that no one died, I'd shoot for the first plan, but that's not a viable strategy here.

Juicebox kill Caz
Caz kill 4mask
4mask kill Shakerag
Shakerag kill Luckyowl
Luckyowl kill Webadict
Webadict kill Heydude
Heydude kill IcyTea
IcyTea kill Jim
Jim kill Me
Me Kill You

I like this plan except that I don't get to plasma bomb Jim, and also it's a plan, and I don't trust anyone to follow it.

Also, it's really weird how you chose this order, because it's ALMOST the front page order, except that's
Caz
4maskwolf
Shakerag
Luckyowl
webadict
heydude6
juicebox
IcyTea31
Jim Groovester
Toonyman
Why the fuck is juicebox out of order?

I believe the question you both asked can be answered by this:

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 23, 2020, 04:28:04 pm »

EBWOP

And Jim changed his vote form heydude6 to luckyowl

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 23, 2020, 04:28:25 pm »

Uhhhh, I don't recall placing a vote

Why haven't you?

I like my plan a lot better.

I have no intention of following through with any plan for Night 1.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 23, 2020, 04:31:06 pm »

I have no intention of following through with any plan for Night 1.

Except if wuba commits to plasma bombing me. Then I will follow through with any plan, so long as it maximizes the effect of the plasma bomb.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62