Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 101387 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #480 on: December 27, 2020, 02:53:59 pm »

Leafsnail feels like a combination between old-school "tunnel at cases from untouched angles" Leafsnail with Para 25 "low effort" Leafsnail.  Don't have enough experience with him to know what exactly that means.  Moving him down to my neutral pile for now.

Luckyowl is doing that thing again where they're either trying to mimic the veterans without understanding the context or is just playing parcheesi in the corner while the rest of us are playing chess.  Sadly, this lines up pretty well with what I expect from a town Luckyowl, and frankly if there were any veterans on a scumteam with lucky I don't think we'd be seeing the play from them we are.  Town.

Vector:
4maskwolf - lurking with an RVS vote when the game has moved on long ago. I actually think I've played with this player before and although they're usually somewhat disengaged, it's not this disengaged. This read is softer than the other ones on the list.
Have we played together?  I honestly don't remember which game that would have been.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #481 on: December 27, 2020, 02:58:33 pm »

Leafsnail feels like a combination between old-school "tunnel at cases from untouched angles" Leafsnail with Para 25 "low effort" Leafsnail.  Don't have enough experience with him to know what exactly that means.  Moving him down to my neutral pile for now.

Luckyowl is doing that thing again where they're either trying to mimic the veterans without understanding the context or is just playing parcheesi in the corner while the rest of us are playing chess.  Sadly, this lines up pretty well with what I expect from a town Luckyowl, and frankly if there were any veterans on a scumteam with lucky I don't think we'd be seeing the play from them we are.  Town.

Vector:
4maskwolf - lurking with an RVS vote when the game has moved on long ago. I actually think I've played with this player before and although they're usually somewhat disengaged, it's not this disengaged. This read is softer than the other ones on the list.
Have we played together?  I honestly don't remember which game that would have been.

Damn if I do, damn If I don't.    ::)

I'm just trying to ask some questions. But oh well. It is what it is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 27, 2020, 03:00:30 pm »

Not sure what to say about the TricMagic thing. He seems... dangerous, I guess, although possibly of use to town. To be honest I wouldn't have a huge problem with him killing IcyTea, so long as he managed it in the night somehow and explained how he did it, rather than using the lynch to do so. The lynch is for town to kill scum with, not for 3rd party to kill nasty self-voters. We hates the self-voters, precious. Anyway.

If you think IcyTea's scummy enough that you wouldn't mind Tric executing a nightkill on them, why aren't you voting IcyTea currently? The Day's getting closer and closer to ending, we ought to figure out who we want to lynch, even if we still have some leeway.

I'm okay with a Tric lynch if we can't find scum, but I'd prefer to lynch a mafia player. The people I named in blue earlier still seem like the best place to start looking.

Jim Groovester: Would you be satisfied with a TricMagic lynch if that's how we hammered or the Day ended?

ToonyMan: Do you have anything solid on the recent proceedings to offer currently?

4maskwolf: I'm definitely waiting for the 'more thoughts' you mentioned.

I'm going to have to look more into juicebox and Leafsnail as well.

I feel like notquitethere, dolores, heydude, and Vector have been working solidly in the town's interests, though of course I'll reevaluate this as the game goes on.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 27, 2020, 03:01:40 pm »

IcyTea31: Could you explain what your Hydraform ability do? You don't have to go in details just give us a skeletal overview on it. You said it can help both Mafia and town. If that's correct, in what way can it help town? In what way can it help Mafia?
Whoever you heard that from, isn't me. If you're in some kind of secret chat, whoever is claiming to be me is an imposter.

I don't have an ability by that name.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 27, 2020, 03:03:32 pm »

I've been wondering if the scumteam are the bosses from the hat in time. Anyone who have played the game was there some sort of Hydra thing?
This is a BYOR, mate. We all submitted our own desired role choices. There'd be no way for the entire scum team to be the Hat In Time game bosses without serious Shenanigans 11 role fuckery.

Whoever you heard that from, isn't me. If you're in some kind of secret chat, whoever is claiming to be me is an imposter.
That's a... very specific comment to make, IcyTea.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 27, 2020, 03:04:25 pm »

IcyTea31: Could you explain what your Hydraform ability do? You don't have to go in details just give us a skeletal overview on it. You said it can help both Mafia and town. If that's correct, in what way can it help town? In what way can it help Mafia?

I don't have an ability by that name.

That's what my sqaud modifier picked up when I used my action on TricMagic. If it's not your ability then I guess it hints your role to me. So are you a Hydra?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 27, 2020, 03:08:15 pm »

That's what my sqaud modifier picked up when I used my action on TricMagic. If it's not your ability then I guess it hints your role to me. So are you a Hydra?
If I tell the truth, I give scum an information advantage against me. If I lie, I damage the picture town is trying to build. Unless there's a good reason that will give town a greater advantage, I dismiss questions like this as a matter of course.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 27, 2020, 03:10:39 pm »

IcyTea31, please tell me why you say this specifically.
Generic Arms Race.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 27, 2020, 03:16:54 pm »

Because I believe Luckyowl is town and isn't lying about it, but I don't have an ability named Hydraform and I haven't said "it can help both Mafia and town". Therefore, LO is chatting with someone who's claiming to be me.

Luckyowl: What else have "I" said to you?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 27, 2020, 03:20:57 pm »

I've been wondering if the scumteam are the bosses from the hat in time. Anyone who have played the game was there some sort of Hydra thing?
This is a BYOR, mate. We all submitted our own desired role choices. There'd be no way for the entire scum team to be the Hat In Time game bosses without serious Shenanigans 11 role fuckery.

That's a... very specific comment to make, IcyTea.

Gotcha. We really shouldn't leave it out the ball just yet. For now we should keep it around. Maybe it's not the bosses from the game, but a hostile creature from the game or something.

If I tell the truth, I give scum an information advantage against me. If I lie, I damage the picture town is trying to build. Unless there's a good reason that will give town a greater advantage, I dismiss questions like this as a matter of course.

Understandable...but...I've been playing honestly recently sooo....

4maskwolf: do you wanna play parchesi with me? I'll start with a simple question. Who do you think might be the Mafioso?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 27, 2020, 03:25:20 pm »

Because I believe Luckyowl is town and isn't lying about it, but I don't have an ability named Hydraform and I haven't said "it can help both Mafia and town". Therefore, LO is chatting with someone who's claiming to be me.

Luckyowl: What else have "I" said to you?

Um, it was on my sqaud modifier. I didn't really talk to anyone.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 27, 2020, 03:26:07 pm »

What's a sqaud modifier?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 27, 2020, 03:27:24 pm »

Gotcha. We really shouldn't leave it out the ball just yet. For now we should keep it around. Maybe it's not the bosses from the game, but a hostile creature from the game or something.
I've watched Merg play A Hat In Time all the way through, and I don't recall there being any hydra creature in the game.

I'm unsure about the 'is town' part (they're pretty fixated on their own honesty), but the rest of your logic seems at least likely to be valid.

Back to TricMagic.

You said it can help both Mafia and town.
I didn't really talk to anyone.

These two statements are contradictory, though.
Generic Arms Race.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 27, 2020, 03:30:24 pm »

What's a sqaud modifier?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 27, 2020, 03:30:41 pm »

4maskwolf: do you wanna play parchesi with me? I'll start with a simple question. Who do you think might be the Mafioso?
Okay yeah if I'm gonna roast people I deserve to have it thrown back in my face.

So far my scumpicks are Jim Groovester and Toonyman.  Toaster and Nirur Torir have managed to slip beneath my notice this game and I need to go take a look over them later today.  Others are all neutral, town, or Fallacy who I need to give a full reread to.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 122