Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 73669 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins
« Reply #1425 on: April 05, 2021, 09:58:15 pm »

I made this shitty meme in response to notquitethere on Day 3 but didn't get a chance to post it because of the early hammer and I know it's not timely but I won't get another chance to post it.

this is galaxy brain stuff

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

at that point Jim was obvtown and is considerably better than me.

I'm flattered but I don't agree. I think by now you're the better player.

What scum did I find on Day 1? FoU, but it was only incidental since my case on him was factually incorrect.

I'm going to thump my chest about identifying BluearianKnight on Day 3 but that wouldn't have happened without other people knocking out NQT and FoU first.

I feel responsible for having all of town wanting me dead for two days and having little recourse to really contribute in the hunt for the real wolf. That pardon felt awful, and I had nothing to convince anyone of what was really happening. Maybe I should have kept the Oracle thing to myself for longer :/

Also, I'm still quite upset that Secret didn't care to confirm my auto. I literally had nothing else to prove I wasn't lying about who I was. Not that it matters, maybe. I performed terribly.

I think you did fine. If I had one recommendation it would be to have a little more fight about being the target of a lynch if you know you're town.

The willingness to be lynched and the WIFOM of the pardon fed into each other.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 05, 2021, 10:56:15 pm »

Did somebody say memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 05, 2021, 11:56:01 pm »

I got sloppy around D3, and never picked back up.  I'd say I blame ADD but that's something of a copout.  Also, I again had the scum team in my top 4 and didn't do anything with it (unlike MVM2 when Juice's selfhammer then subsequent NK blocked me out of it.)  This one was a lot on me.

I think, instead of removing the elimination, it should be focused on implementing Vengeful mechanics, where your role flips and you get some type of immediate counterplay to it. Much more fair for both parties, AND it can potentially be played around by Night mechanics.

This is interesting.  I like this.

BK's role was strong, yes, but I think just shy of overpowered.  He still almost hung the last day.

I largely agree with Vector that this game felt like it was won by strong scum roles (or, more accurately, a single strong scum role) moreso than strong scum play, which does leave it feeling a little sour.

BYOR 15 had some strong scum roles that were probably too synergistic, but it felt like the scum earned their victory with good play in both the day and night game. This felt like the scum got steamrolled and then pulled a victory out of their ass because of a role that was more powerful than intended.

Sure, it helped, but town (and I'll put myself up front for that) got lazy and tunnel visiony.

Did somebody say memes.

Well, that put a smile on my face.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 06, 2021, 01:39:17 am »

Spoiler: shitty 4mask memes (click to show/hide)

I cannae see ye memes! save the one about me 'n' tric calling the ambulance.

I made this shitty meme in response to notquitethere on Day 3 but didn't get a chance to post it because of the early hammer and I know it's not timely but I won't get another chance to post it.

this is galaxy brain stuff

lulz

Did somebody say memes.

and also, lulz

Having taken a deep breath and cleaned, like, everything, (lies, I'm going to have to clean so much more stuff tomorrow) I am committing myself next game to push people to push cases more. Aye. That is something I could have done better.

I loved my role uwu

I thought Jim's role was also a fun idea. The multiple mason lover-bomb was hilarious. Would have been cool to have more stuff tied into moon phases & stuff.

... oh god sudden idea, yes, good. Figured out how I'm going to redo Iron Diadem.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 06, 2021, 03:33:12 am »

I'm liking the memes. Toony got everyone spot on I think. Chaotic Good Tric one especially made me chuckle.

... oh god sudden idea, yes, good. Figured out how I'm going to redo Iron Diadem.
Wonderful!

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 06, 2021, 07:57:53 am »

I feel responsible for having all of town wanting me dead for two days and having little recourse to really contribute in the hunt for the real wolf. That pardon felt awful, and I had nothing to convince anyone of what was really happening. Maybe I should have kept the Oracle thing to myself for longer :/

Also, I'm still quite upset that Secret didn't care to confirm my auto. I literally had nothing else to prove I wasn't lying about who I was. Not that it matters, maybe. I performed terribly.
Sorry I thought you did kill at P-1 so I couldn't block you. Also, I thought you were a power absorber. And your willingness to get lynched then revive.

I actuallly enjoyed the game so much until I became busy D3. Also I think I made the worst defense D5. I was thinking just get lynched and let blu be lynched. Sorry town :P
Memes are great :D

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 06, 2021, 08:14:13 am »

Spoiler: shitty 4mask memes (click to show/hide)

I cannae see ye memes! save the one about me 'n' tric calling the ambulance.
Transferring memes through discord is weird, I guess. I can't see them now either.

To be fair, that was the only one that was halfway funny.

at that point Jim was obvtown and is considerably better than me.

I'm flattered but I don't agree. I think by now you're the better player.

What scum did I find on Day 1? FoU, but it was only incidental since my case on him was factually incorrect.

I'm going to thump my chest about identifying BluearianKnight on Day 3 but that wouldn't have happened without other people knocking out NQT and FoU first.
I mean I literally moon logic'd my way into telepathing Juicebox (who performed the wolf kill that night) in Para 26, it's the results that matter, and you got results.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 06, 2021, 08:38:13 am »

The memes I'm seeing are pretty amazing, not gonna lie.

I think I'm gonna try to push to win games without as much help now on - I don't want to be known as the guy who gets carried. Makes winning MMMM feel.. cheap.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 06, 2021, 08:44:48 am »

Don't let them downplay your achievements Blu. You could have easily fallen apart through poor morale after your team all died (like the mafia in CYOM4) but you held strong and upped your posting game enough to survive three more days. You rose to the challenge.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 1: Let The Mage Games Begin
« Reply #1434 on: April 06, 2021, 08:45:25 am »

4mask, I figured, but you know, after recent shenanigans it's good to double check! But in seriousness I take it you don't have a wild claim but actually don't think this means anything, as you'd be suicidal to genuinely claim 3rd party so soon after that last ploy. I think you might have something on Jim, let's see now.
Your response to 4maskwolf unnerves me. Feels unnecessarily fluffy.
Mindmeld.

For postgame cred, there's exactly one wolf in Jim/NQT.
Oh hype.

Postgame cred acquired.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 06, 2021, 09:17:20 am »

Don't let them downplay your achievements Blu. You could have easily fallen apart through poor morale after your team all died (like the mafia in CYOM4) but you held strong and upped your posting game enough to survive three more days. You rose to the challenge.

Thanks man.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 06, 2021, 09:18:57 am »

Yeah sour grapes aside blue your play was good. You definitely benefited from a powerful role but that doesn't take away from your actual play this game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 06, 2021, 09:28:53 am »

@Blue:
While I think your role was extremely unfair and eased most psychological pressure off of you (I kept wondering why I didn't see the final scum freaking out because I absolutely would have in the same situation) from being really "solo scum with 7 townies left", there are two points I saw that made me not want to doubt you.

1. After I gave my end of Day 2 analysis you agreed with my NQT and FoU scum reads, but didn't think Reverie was scum. This is an deceiving move because I had placed you as the only other scummy player left which means you were implicating yourself. It's a well played move as scum.
2. During D2 you asked 4mask in dead chat if I was confirmed town to him and also what my role was. Both of these questions are pointless from scum!Blue's perspective and I consider meaningless actions to be illogical. Another good play as scum, one I wouldn't even be able to fall for until I was dead.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 06, 2021, 09:37:38 am »

Yeah, BK, you kept cool and put words safely on paper through the end of the game.  You presented enough of a case on Secret that I went glassy eyed and didn't bother going back to check things harder, which may have changed my mind.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 06, 2021, 09:46:01 am »

As a note, BK had a 50% chance of going into D6 with only Toaster alive, by the way. Their role just made them able to win the other way, too.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97