Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 56

Author Topic: Ventures By Moonlight | A Semi-Cooperative Dark Fantasy | Always Recruiting  (Read 33937 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ventures By Moonlight | A Semi-Cooperative Dark Fantasy
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2021, 11:44:03 am »

The problem is, Most of the good things have already been bought. The only hunters left suck. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve even been betrayed by my own teammate. And the game hasn’t even started yet. :(

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2021, 11:49:21 am »

The game has been active for less than 24 hours.

If you have no teammates, I would recommend starting an Order of your own.  Feel free to use my contract as a template - more people will come, the store will refresh next turn, and one guy deciding to join up with his friends is not a "betrayal".

You're perfectly fine, friend.  Withdraw your bid, start an Order, and talk with your teammates once they join.  The game just started. :)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2021, 11:50:47 am »

The problem is, Most of the good things have already been bought. The only hunters left suck. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve even been betrayed by my own teammate. And the game hasn’t even started yet. :(

New stock is added each round, and that includes Candidates. At absolute worst, you can wait a round and see how things play out with the store next turn when there are different Hunters.

However, as people have stated, you need a minimum of two players to work together to both get a Hunter and equipment.

If you like, I can process your buyout now, and you'll receive the Serrated axe for 1.96 - but I'm also willing to let you take the mulligan and wait a little.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2021, 11:54:17 am »

@ACTACTACT:

NOCOF places the following bids.
Alert Tripmine - ₹0.42
Padded Vest - ₹0.48
Bandit Dagger - ₹0.72
Throwing Daggers - ₹0.41

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2021, 12:00:05 pm »

@ACTACTACT

I would like to withdraw my previous orders. I’m just going to wait for new stuff.

Also, If anyone wants to join my group, That would be nice. There is no rules, We just work together and do our own thing.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2021, 12:00:38 pm »

A catch by Andrea.

Your current inoculation is single-use, it's listed as N/A because (unlike most inoculations) its only use is to create a Hunter from a Candidate. Other inoculations can also be used in town or in the field to add traits to Hunters.

The corrupt inoculation in the store should also be listed as consumable. The fact that it isn't is just a mistake which I will correct shortly.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2021, 12:06:33 pm »

Also, If anyone wants to join my group, That would be nice. There is no rules, We just work together and do our own thing.

I would suggest reusing the contract I wrote.  It would protect you from any malicious players who might try to take advantage of you.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2021, 12:10:27 pm »

Jolly good. You want me to handle chairmanning for the moment? As per dgr's suggestion, I'd go for E133 as our first act.
While we wait for Canadian Kitten to come back online, should we act with a majority vote to secure our subject and maybe some gear?
Having said that, I was looking at the equipment on offer, and I actually think the gunaxes might be worth the money- but OaLM can't afford them with only three members. If the other members of the order agree, I could see letting you join as well. Alternatively, if you don't want to tie yourself to an order, we could just loan some extra cash from you, and pay you back (with interest) with the proceeds of our first expedition.
I would accept that outcome, either recruitment or a loan. Also I agree, with E133 having a decent amount of skill in both melee and ranged combat, but a deficiency when it comes to enc limit, a hybrid weapon like the Gunaxes might be a good investment, if we can afford them.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:12:29 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2021, 12:13:40 pm »

Jolly good. You want me to handle chairmanning for the moment? As per dgr's suggestion, I'd go for E133 as our first act.
While we wait for Canadian Kitten to come back online, should we act with a majority vote to secure our subject and maybe some gear?
Subject at the very least, yeah. Gear, I'd like to see if we can somehow wrangle enough cash to get the gunaxes. But if you'd prefer, I'd be okay with going for some other gear instead..

ACTACTACT: With majority approval, OaLM bids ₹3.00 on Candidate E133
Long Live United Forenia!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2021, 12:15:22 pm »

Master Carcharias's Ordo Mercenariorum
Professional soldiers for extraordinary tasks

Cures are rare and trained soldiers are expensive. And yet venturing out in the cursed lands is the path for the golden age to come, when we master moonlight.
If you have trouble raising enough on your own, Ordo mercenarium is an organization of professional hunters for hire. We offer bodies to suit your needs, to help deal with the fights you will no doubt meet and to carry away a larger and safer bundle of well earned wealth.

At a modest price, of course.

Spoiler: Master Carcharias (click to show/hide)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2021, 12:21:30 pm »

Subject at the very least, yeah. Gear, I'd like to see if we can somehow wrangle enough cash to get the gunaxes. But if you'd prefer, I'd be okay with going for some other gear instead..

ACTx3: With majority approval, OaLM bids ₹3.00 on Candidate E133
Well. The gunaxes cost 6.13, all we need is one extra Sovereign, and we'll be left with the 0.5 to go on that expedition, and a bit of change. And I see you are already trying to find someone to lend us that money. One option for that could be to work with Honest Hank's Hunter Hideout, we subsidize the buying of the Gunaxes by him, and we pay in full for it later once we have the money.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:34:41 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2021, 12:24:46 pm »

@ACTACTACT

bid 3 on B002

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2021, 12:30:58 pm »

ACTx3: With majority approval, OaLM bids ₹3.00 on Candidate E133
Well. The gunaxes cost 6.13, all we need is one extra Sovereign, and we'll be left with the 0.5 to go on that expedition, and a bit of change. And I see you are already trying to find someone to lend us that money. One option for that could be to work with Honest Hank's Hunter Hideout, we subsidize the buying of the Gunaxes by him, and we pay in full for it later once we have the money.

Have you considered allowing Kingwing into your Order? It would fulfill your monetary requirements and then some.

Edit: we should avoid quoting actx3 to avoid muddying the actions each turn.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2021, 12:35:07 pm »

Have you considered allowing Kingwing into your Order? It would fulfill your monetary requirements and then some.
Yes. When (if) The Canadian Kitten approves my Chairmanship, I will officially extend the offer, since DGR seems okay with it. I feel TCK should have an opportunity to object, but I don't imagine they will.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2021, 12:37:39 pm »

For those who are interested in such things, here is an exchange from Discord.

Kashyyk: Have any NPCs suggested prices for known Wasteland treasures? I'd like to be able to base my costs on something, à la RV's initial Sand prices

Draignean: This is a good point, and one that's a bit harder to answer.

On a mission you will gain
1. Sovereigns directly from loot
2. Monsters bits dependent on the monsters
3. Random materials dependent on the location
4. Random items (rarely)
5. ???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 56