Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43350 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2021, 09:56:59 am »

Right now it's NQT, Jack, and I'd say you, prefuzek. Though the last is more not knowing you to base reads off of, it just feels like a weird playstyle you're using.
*ALARMS BLARING*

But then Tric posted nonsense and I figured it was Town Tric.  I'm not quite as good at reading Tric as others, but I'm trying.  I got ninja'd by Tric's post, which I said I couldn't even tell came from Tric.  So now I really, really, really don't want the shorten, since I'm thinking Tric is town and we're going towards a mislynch.
Why are you doing this?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2021, 09:59:17 am »

Alright - let's toss the questions down.

Euchrejack - Why in such a rush to end D1?
TricMagic - Are you trying to change your town!meta?
prefuzek - I haven't seen you around before, have you played this format before?

I'd previously put some belief in a Tric or Toony vote D1 - Tric is playing a little too solid, and Toony hasn't really put down much, but -

EuchreJack - the fuck are you doing?

If you've got a genuine reason, I'd like to hear it - but shortening then switching votes without reason either means you've no idea what you're doing, or flopping as scum.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2021, 10:00:05 am »

Right now it's NQT, Jack, and I'd say you, prefuzek. Though the last is more not knowing you to base reads off of, it just feels like a weird playstyle you're using.
*ALARMS BLARING*

WEEE WOOO WEEE WOO

Yeah, agreed - the fuck?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2021, 10:30:45 am »

Honestly, Tric just doesn't justify themselves enough. That said, we've seen them be the 'easy lynch' in the past, haven't we? A town player who acts too unpredictably, making him an easy target.

But actually, there is at least one genuine reason to suspect NQT, although Tric doesn't state it.

Town
Jim - putting some consideration in, I think this is town!Jim
Web - painted a big target on his head, so must have A Plan
Prefuzek - Fairly strong start, some insightful questions, coming out swinging. Push on Tric for claiming... this falls under the category of "norm policing" votes
EuchreJack - Weird spot between having clear knowledge of the game's rules and still making obvious mistakes--  nice and proactive, is fishing ever genuinely a scumtell? Is voting me partly because of belief I was pushing for a no lynch. Another "norm policing" vote.
Bluarian - Hasn't done anything yet, only post was just answering questions: still on the backfoot.
Tric - Hasn't done anything yet other than my vague threats, definite scumlean.
Fallacy - Push on web for "reasons", is the reason "has a scroll of inspect"?
Toony - Helpful and present in the thread... but no real push from them at all yet. Who's scum here, Toony?
Scum

This reads-list is low effort. It shows in several ways, but most specifically: NQT's highest town read has no justification. Whatsoever. In fact, the typical curve of 'most effort put into highest town reads, most effort put into highest scum reads, least effort put into null reads' is inverted. NQT puts less justification into the people he thinks are most town and most scum, and puts the most effort into the reads in the middle. This doesn't make sense. The vote on Toony could just as easily have been placed on Tric or Bluarian. Furthermore, he calls my incentive vote on webadict a 'push'. Does anyone else think I'm actually pushing webadict?

This is a full reads list, at page 4. I don't buy it. I don't think it's justified. I don't think there's any point to it other than looking town.

So it's NQT and prefuzek. Prefuzek gets the FoS due to being on the third spot of NQT's list, yet getting the most town justification out of everyone.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2021, 10:36:27 am »

Tric is townreading me wtf???

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2021, 10:38:11 am »

Jim Groovester: What are your reads?

FallacyofUrist - townish
EuchreJack - consistent with his goofball town meta
webadict - webadictish i.e. null
ToonyMan - slightly weaker ToonyManish
prefuzek - null
notquitethere - null
BluearianKnight - null
TricMagic - feels quieter?

TricMagic feels off, like he should be noisier so if I had to shoot somebody right now it would be TricMagic. FallacyofUrist feels like he's playing to his town meta, or at least, it doesn't feel like scum FallacyofUrist since scum FallacyofUrist makes a conscious effort to make shows about how town he is. EuchreJack is committing scumhunting faux pas all over the place but that's in keeping with his town meta.

webadict is consistent with webadict, which tells me nothing since I can't read him. ToonyMan feels like a slightly weaker presence than I'm used to but maybe that's just from watching him in the championship game. (I think ToonyMan played great in the championship game so me saying "hmm you know he feels a bit weaker than normal" feels like an unnecessarily jackass thing to say about him.) Everyone else I don't have enough of a read to make an opinion about.

Alright, for the sake of consistency, I'm also going to note Jim's early reads list, and why I don't think that he's scum.

The main reason is that his reads list: 1, doesn't try to imitate the structure of a reads list in the mid to late game, that is, Day 2 or 3 onwards. 2, it's consistent in its expression. Every player gets roughly the same amount of effort, which makes sense for a list made primarily of quick judgements. 3, it doesn't try to prop anyone up. In comparison with NQT's list, it feels unbiased.

In contrast, we have NQT:

Quickfire reads:
Whose reads are half quickfire and half very much not quickfire.

Tric is townreading me wtf???
Tric is Tric. Tric does as Tric is wont to do.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2021, 10:38:59 am »

My rational for shortening was that the bandwagon seemed to be forming on Tric, people were sure it was Tric, so why not move on to Day 2 when we've got actual information.  Impatience probably.

But then Tric posted nonsense and I figured it was Town Tric.  I'm not quite as good at reading Tric as others, but I'm trying.  I got ninja'd by Tric's post, which I said I couldn't even tell came from Tric.  So now I really, really, really don't want the shorten, since I'm thinking Tric is town and we're going towards a mislynch.

I'm heading out for a bit, but I'd suggest starting to hunt those who keep voting Tric.  They should have good reasons, including my misreading of Tric.

Should I repeat this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over?
Sure, bring it up again on Day 2, but new questions please?

Now, why vote Blue?
BluearianKnight, Vector isn't in the game yet so are you scum? If Vector replaces into the game will you become scum?

I'm not scum.

Just because Vector isn't in the game doesn't change whether or not I'm scum or not as well - so, why did you ask me this?

BluarianKnight is it acceptable for town to pick Thief?
I think so?
While it does have a rather anti-town vibe, I think it could be used to great advantage - we only have one lynch per day, after all. So a town!Thief could be an additional pressure against known mafia players - or be used to check players who are lying about inventories or not.

I wouldn't lynch a Thief just for picking them. It would make me more suspicious of them, sure, but it's not a pure mafia!tell for me.

BluarianKnight: Why aren't you posting?  I need you to post to determine whether you are Town or Mafia.  Don't make me vote you just to get your attention...
I was busy, and this took a while to start. I'll get into the hang of things tomorrow.

Blue: "I'm not scum, please oh please don't lynch me" AKA The Scum Theme Song
Also, no scum hunting.
I was paying coy, because I wanted to see if Blue was busy Townie or lurking Scum.  Since Blue is now engaged in the thread, I don't have to play coy any longer.
Time will tell whether the current scumhunting by Blue is smokescreen or legit.  Pretty quick to jump on bandwagons and only offend those directly confronting them...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2021, 10:45:07 am »

I'll note I did actually quote the post you quoted, then saw the latest post was apparently Jack shortening. Scroll down, see the votes are currently tied.
Fal's reasoning is sound. Which will push him up there as town for me if NQT flips as scum. I might do an oldschool wall to bring things together for a NQT push later today We'll see if my energy keeps up..

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2021, 10:49:41 am »

My rational for shortening was that the bandwagon seemed to be forming on Tric, people were sure it was Tric, so why not move on to Day 2 when we've got actual information.  Impatience probably.

I'm heading out for a bit, but I'd suggest starting to hunt those who keep voting Tric.  They should have good reasons, including my misreading of Tric.

Should I repeat this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over?
Sure, bring it up again on Day 2, but new questions please?
Don't try and deflect Jack. Was there a reason you wanted to push a quicklynch while I was sleeping? It's a good way to cut off information if you succeeded, and there could be third parties this game. So your current actions could be third-party being alone.

Now, why vote Blue?
BluearianKnight, Vector isn't in the game yet so are you scum? If Vector replaces into the game will you become scum?

I'm not scum.

Just because Vector isn't in the game doesn't change whether or not I'm scum or not as well - so, why did you ask me this?

BluarianKnight is it acceptable for town to pick Thief?
I think so?
While it does have a rather anti-town vibe, I think it could be used to great advantage - we only have one lynch per day, after all. So a town!Thief could be an additional pressure against known mafia players - or be used to check players who are lying about inventories or not.

I wouldn't lynch a Thief just for picking them. It would make me more suspicious of them, sure, but it's not a pure mafia!tell for me.

BluarianKnight: Why aren't you posting?  I need you to post to determine whether you are Town or Mafia.  Don't make me vote you just to get your attention...
I was busy, and this took a while to start. I'll get into the hang of things tomorrow.

Also, no scum hunting.
I was paying coy, because I wanted to see if Blue was busy Townie or lurking Scum.  Since Blue is now engaged in the thread, I don't have to play coy any longer.
Time will tell whether the current scumhunting by Blue is smokescreen or legit.  Pretty quick to jump on bandwagons and only offend those directly confronting them...
The Scum Theme Song is Wrong. This was 12 hours ago, so while it may be tomorrow, it's not quite time to say what you are saying. So why try and push a blue lynch when they haven't even fully started up yet?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2021, 10:50:39 am »

@Euchre, unvote Blu or I'll vote you. Pick a better target.

What you've done is literally destroyed your credibility, and Blu hasn't, so... I'm gonna shield BK. Is that unfair of me? Yes. Am I still going to do it? Yes. Because you've essentially made it look like you're going to be anti-Town, even if I do still think you're Town.

So, I need you to reign in that nonsense a bit. You don't get to be crazy just because you're pocketed.

@TricMagic: Pick a better target. It's not Euchre.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2021, 10:53:52 am »

I'll note I did actually quote the post you quoted, then saw the latest post was apparently Jack shortening. Scroll down, see the votes are currently tied.
Fal's reasoning is sound. Which will push him up there as town for me if NQT flips as scum. I might do an oldschool wall to bring things together for a NQT push later today We'll see if my energy keeps up..

An oldschool wall?

From TricMagic?

What?

This strikes as me as very out of character for you.

More later when I'm done with work. Or during work if something really catches my eye.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2021, 11:21:10 am »

@Web: I'll vote who I think is scum, and if you gotta vote me, then I'm not afraid to die.  I will however start looking for other suspects. I comment you for trying to pocket two players who are voting each other. Interested to see how that turns out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2021, 11:23:54 am »

So is Jack confirmed town now? Pretty sure their partner would be yelling at them in scum chat at this point.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2021, 11:26:00 am »

Also, no scum hunting.

Okay - let's lay this out then.

If someone asked you if you were scum, you'd say 'oh, I'm 100% scum'?

It's a yes or no question - I'm not scum, so I said no - so jumping on me for saying no is a fucking stretch.

Also - you're complaining that I'm not scumhunting, while you're avoiding my question.

Euchrejack - Why in such a rush to end D1?

Here it is, again - please answer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2021, 11:29:42 am »

@Web: I'll vote who I think is scum, and if you gotta vote me, then I'm not afraid to die.  I will however start looking for other suspects. I comment you for trying to pocket two players who are voting each other. Interested to see how that turns out.
EuchreJack.

Town players can suspect each other all day long. It doesn't make them not Town. Heck, I'm voting you, and I don't think you're scum. But, the problem here is that you're actively making the game harder by doing shenanigans.

I know it's hard to understand why my shenanigans are different. But, if you'd please, list out what my shenanigans were this game and how they contributed to the current gamestate, and then do the same for yours. I want you to list how useful they've been, and the pros and cons of said actions were.

I don't actually mind shenanigans, but some of yours have no intended purpose behind them, and lulnanigans are sorta anti-Town.

So is Jack confirmed town now? Pretty sure their partner would be yelling at them in scum chat at this point.
I mean, very likely. But, I need Jack to understand that their actions have to have purpose or else it diverts the town's resources to scrutinizing your actions. The only two people that wouldn't be yelling at them are you and I.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51