Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43983 times)

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2021, 05:53:59 pm »

EuchreJack's wall makes me certain they're town.

web
The same thing it is every Day: Try to take over the world find the scum.
OK but you're not doing that. You're playing entitled.

Bluarian
prefuzek - I haven't seen you around before, have you played this format before?
As in Roguelike? No. I've played forum mafia here a long time ago though, and I've been lurking on and off ever since.

Why have you done nothing today but echo other peoples points and push on a misplay by an obvious town player?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2021, 06:02:45 pm »

web

Web always plays entitled.  Whether scum or town, Web plays like he's our King.  Not god, heaven knows god doesn't interfere like Web does.
While I was toiling to build that loving wall, the words "I'm not your bitch, Web" rang out over and over in my head.
...I guess you'll have to just get used it like the rest of us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2021, 06:05:39 pm »

Regarding NQT: They have claimed some sort of Pro-Town Power role, so I'd strongly advise against lynching. Limited analysis below.

I'll claim on D3, which, yes, hopefully I'll survive to. Not holding my breath though. I spun the wheel on it and didn't get Bard so there's that.

For those following along at home, I picked Paladin when I played this game last: as a serial killer it was a no-brainer. I'm undecided whether it's a scummy pick per se. Having an inspect scroll as town is a potential game changer. Bit less neat if you get NK'd N1 for claiming paladin (but I'm sure Web knows what he's doing, I can think of at least three possibilities: less said the better).

BluarianKnight is it acceptable for town to pick Thief?

At this point, I read this as "I've got something that can really help Town!".  Which frankly is not something we can risk losing, since whatever great benefit NQT has will likely be replicated by Town's accumulation of items later on, but for Night 1 we can use all the benefits we can get.
...of course, its also what I would expect mafia Paladin to do.  That is certainly a risk, but overall the risk of Town essentially lynching a power roll is higher than the risk of mafia NQT living till day 2.

Does anyone have something to contradict this?

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2021, 06:14:25 pm »

Reads! No justification for now, sorry.

Town:
EuchreJack
FallacyofUrist

Null (not enough content):
ToonyMan
Jim Groovester

Null (can't decide):
Tricmagic
NQT

Scum:
Bluarianknight
webadict

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2021, 06:17:26 pm »

Update on my reads:

Note: From here on out, this is cut & paste from Excel, so it will look a bit more mechanical.  Sorry folks   

EuchreJack   Anyone who does not think they're the most absolute Town is CRAZY
Jim Groovester   Commander Jim with his mighty dunce cap.  If you read Jim's posting in this way, he's town
TricMagic   Awaiting Confirmation from Jim, but giving me enough headaches to say Town
webadict   Mr. Myagi to my skinny white ass, whooping me hard into shape
notquitethere   We can't kill him yet even if we wanted to, because "might" be helpful
prefuzek   Finally, someone figures out Blue is scum.  But could be starting the bus as mafia
FallacyofUrist   Kindness does not mean townie, but not seeing any red flags of scummy. REALLY needs additional analysis
ToonyMan   Find any good scum yet, ToonyMan?  No?  Then here you are
BluarianKnight   Scum Number 1 -> Purely reactive, trying to stay alive rather than hunt

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2021, 06:19:51 pm »

To clarify, the above on Fallacy of Urist was more intended to say that I need to do more analysis, although the implication that FOU really needs more detail and analysis could have some merit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2021, 06:20:41 pm »

I am the bone of my words
Letters are my body, and sentences are my blood
Unknown to conciseness, nor known to tl;dr
Withstood pain to create many paragraphs and yet
These hands will never hold anything
So, as I pray, Unlimited Word Works

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2021, 06:22:43 pm »

EuchreJack's wall makes me certain they're town.
Bluarian
prefuzek - I haven't seen you around before, have you played this format before?
As in Roguelike? No. I've played forum mafia here a long time ago though, and I've been lurking on and off ever since.

Why have you done nothing today but echo other peoples points and push on a misplay by an obvious town player?

Because Euchre was pushing without reason - he explained himself, and I'm willing to Unvote.

If you've checked any of my previous games, I'm usually quiet at the start - also, was a bit busy. I'll make a post tonight about my thoughts of the whole situation.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2021, 06:28:08 pm »

Weren't you scum in most of those games?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2021, 06:30:18 pm »

Blue rolls scum an uncanny amount.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2021, 06:35:42 pm »

@Webadict: Back to strategy - You are the Paladin.  I'm mostly convinced of this.  You have the ability to inspect.  This makes you a target for the Mafia to nightkill.  We do not know, and should not know, if anyone has the ability to prevent your death.  Should you declare whom you will be inspecting, so that in the event that you die, we will get some info from your death? 
Again, I am asking for the strategy, rather than pressuring you to answer before the merits of the strategy are discussed.

Also, IF YOU CAN PREVENT WEB'S DEATH, YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY DO THAT.  Since multi-kills are possible, multi-preventions of death are a GOOD thing. And buff the crap out of Web.
Oh no, I'm actually well aware of the fact that I'm going to die tonight. That's never been the issue. I plan to investigate perfuzek. Simple as that. I'll die, but it forces the scumteam to kill me because it's likely that perfuzek did NOT choose Paladin.

Also, do you really think it's BluarianKnight? I'm just not getting that feeling this game. True, I tend to think they're a good scum player, but they're typically... Well, I dunno. They usually feel different as scum. Sure, I think it's possible for them to be scum, but... I dunno. Intuition.

web
Then vote me. I don't know why you're voting BluarianKnight and claiming their only echoing other player's points but you seem to be trying to pocket yourself in EuchreJack's wake and dogpiling on BluarianKnight for "attacking an obvious Town player," but that's a really bad argument, especially since I literally voted EuchreJack and explicitly stated that I didn't think they were scum. So, you'd have double the reason to vote me instead, yes?

However, my feeling is that you're trying to avoid voting me in an effort to not draw attention to yourself, which explains voting for BluarianKnight (bandwagon vote), pocketing, and buddying up to EuchreJack. You're also avoiding OMGUSing me, but I think that's because you're a little scared of going up against me because I effectively nailed you as scum on your first post and that's an entirely terrifying prospect to deal with.

Honestly, I'd suggest convincing me that I'm tunneling on you because your playstyle is unknown and therefore I'm unaware of your meta tells, but I don't think that covers for the fact that your arguments for voting BK feel fake and still require using a defense that isn't a feasible excuse since EuchreJack didn't effectively prove themselves Town until after the big post, unless you're saying another post effectively proved EuchreJack to be Town, but I don't feel like giving you the benefit of the doubt in that particular case.

PPE: LMAO!
Scum:
Bluarianknight
webadict

Blue rolls scum an uncanny amount.
True, but that's why I'm pretty sure it's not them this time.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2021, 06:37:43 pm »

Regarding NQT: They have claimed some sort of Pro-Town Power role, so I'd strongly advise against lynching. Limited analysis below.

I'll claim on D3, which, yes, hopefully I'll survive to. Not holding my breath though. I spun the wheel on it and didn't get Bard so there's that.

BluarianKnight is it acceptable for town to pick Thief?

At this point, I read this as "I've got something that can really help Town!".  Which frankly is not something we can risk losing, since whatever great benefit NQT has will likely be replicated by Town's accumulation of items later on, but for Night 1 we can use all the benefits we can get.
...of course, its also what I would expect mafia Paladin to do.  That is certainly a risk, but overall the risk of Town essentially lynching a power roll is higher than the risk of mafia NQT living till day 2.

Does anyone have something to contradict this?

Right. I'm pretty sure I heard something simuar from scumNQT before. But there is NO CLASS that loses so much for town via claiming early this game. If a thief, they die, if a Transmuter. Well, Transmuter wants to stay alive, but it's not worth denying town info. And Scum Transmuter also benefits from not being lynched. Immensely.

As a Bard, and Random at that, my stuff is on average higher quality than anyone else day 1. The point being, claiming something good for day three means they will be killed before then. Unless they are scum, hence both of those classes benefitting from more time to work.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2021, 06:42:37 pm »

Null (can't decide):
Tricmagic
Just in case prefuzek turns out to be scum, I'd look at this line right here and see the partner range.

I don't believe prefuzek would put their partner in either of the extreme ranges, and I'd definitely see them putting them in the null range.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2021, 06:47:43 pm »

Then vote me. I don't know why you're voting BluarianKnight and claiming their only echoing other player's points but you seem to be trying to pocket yourself in EuchreJack's wake and dogpiling on BluarianKnight for "attacking an obvious Town player," but that's a really bad argument, especially since I literally voted EuchreJack and explicitly stated that I didn't think they were scum. So, you'd have double the reason to vote me instead, yes?

However, my feeling is that you're trying to avoid voting me in an effort to not draw attention to yourself, which explains voting for BluarianKnight (bandwagon vote), pocketing, and buddying up to EuchreJack. You're also avoiding OMGUSing me, but I think that's because you're a little scared of going up against me because I effectively nailed you as scum on your first post and that's an entirely terrifying prospect to deal with.
The only reason I'm not voting you is because you claimed Paladin. I think it's better to have the chance to get the inspect off in the case that you're town.

Honestly, I'd suggest convincing me that I'm tunneling on you because your playstyle is unknown and therefore I'm unaware of your meta tells,
Nah I don't think I need to convince you of that. Why else would you be voting me with no justification?

but I don't think that covers for the fact that your arguments for voting BK feel fake and still require using a defense that isn't a feasible excuse since EuchreJack didn't effectively prove themselves Town until after the big post, unless you're saying another post effectively proved EuchreJack to be Town, but I don't feel like giving you the benefit of the doubt in that particular case.
Funny that you accuse me of arguing from a faulty timeline in the same sentence where you justify your vote after the fact. And I do think there was plenty of evidence for EuchreJack's towniness pre-wall - I even said as much way back here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2021, 07:11:05 pm »

prefuzek, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm going to inspect you and claim I got Mafia regardless of what I actually get.

I want you to realize that I am crazy enough to actually do that.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 51