Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43358 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2021, 09:59:43 am »

Tric
it reads as getting people to question if what they think is actually true.
I can only take this as a compliment! Of course I want people to question what they think is true when I know what they think is false!

Are you a sane killer nqt?
I have no kill powers or items.

Why ask blue this question though?
I wasn't sure about it myself, I didn't pick thief but I wanted to see what others thought about this. Thief is most likely to hit town, but on balance is a probably slightly pro-town when town take it, as it concentrates power into town hands. Overall it's a null pick.

2: I like waffles, but not the type web serves. What do you think of web now NQT?
I think Web is suspicious. Their play lacks clarity. I'm happy to wait for a big reveal on D2 but if their reveal is "I was just messing with you all" I won't be impressed. What do you think of Web's play?

So to make it clear, Notquitethere, how do you plead? Here, or Guilty?
I'm town. It was hard to read your questions as the prose was dense and you'd written them in pink which doesn't show up well on lightmode.

Blu
Scum voting with scum to start a bandwagon isn't a hard stretch - I've seen you do it before as scum.
I agree, such things do happen. If you lynch me and when I flip town, who will you say the scum were on my wagon?

Why didn't you like Tric to begin with? What exactly is the argument from Tric and Web that you find so compelling?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 31, 2021, 11:06:07 am »

I think Web is suspicious. Their play lacks clarity.
Oh? Please explain. I'm not entirely sure what clarity is supposed to entail in this context.

Do you think that my changing of my mind is suspicious? I have changed my mind several times now about a number of things. Is that what you find suspicious?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 31, 2021, 11:12:45 am »

I've mentioned this a few times now! This particular play isn't clear to me, regardless of what your alignment is, why would you say this:

prefuzek, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm going to inspect you and claim I got Mafia regardless of what I actually get.

I want you to realize that I am crazy enough to actually do that.

I asked you if this was a joke, but as far as I can see you never responded.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 31, 2021, 11:16:02 am »

Web: I'm going to lie about my results
Me: uhhh, that a joke?
Web: why don't you suspect me more?
Me: You must have some ploy in mind, you're being very erratic
Web: What could you find suspicious about me?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 31, 2021, 11:28:23 am »

Web: I'm a Paladin.
Web: You think I'm suspicious, so you should vote me. Why aren't you?

Fix'd it for you NQT. And that compliment you took, it kinda tells why you are scum. You should be finding who is scum, not making people question if them thinking you scum is wrong or right.

Blue is also making a good point about your interactions with Prez, put simply there aren't any. I'm coming at them from an old player who I've never played with before, so my read on them is going to be new. What do you see in their posts that make you think them town, and they you? Plus there is the fact people are suspicious of sheeping, yet you very much aren't apparently?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 31, 2021, 11:55:19 am »

You should be finding who is scum, not making people question if them thinking you scum is wrong or right.
I can do both. You're blinkered.

What do you see in their posts that make you think them town, and they you? Plus there is the fact people are suspicious of sheeping, yet you very much aren't apparently?
Prefuzek has made three cases over the course of the game, on you, Blu and Web. They've all been competent enough for D1, Prefuzek hasn't given me reason to think they're scum so far. Why do you think I'm not suspicious of sheeping? I've repeatedly asked people like Blu to clarify their suspicions after they've sheeped. Why do you insist on ascribing false beliefs to me? This is just like the paladin claiming thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 31, 2021, 12:06:56 pm »

Tric, why are you voting with FoU onto NQT?

From your POV you're voting with a player you think is mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 31, 2021, 12:08:39 pm »

I've mentioned this a few times now! This particular play isn't clear to me, regardless of what your alignment is, why would you say this:

prefuzek, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm going to inspect you and claim I got Mafia regardless of what I actually get.

I want you to realize that I am crazy enough to actually do that.

I asked you if this was a joke, but as far as I can see you never responded.
Are you actually serious that you wanted an answer to this? My bad, I assumed it was a hypothetical, commenting on the situation as opposed to actually requiring an answer.

No, it wasn't a joke, I am going to lie about my results. Why is this news to anyone, and why is this news to you? I mean, what are you expecting me to do, backpedal? Nah man, I go all-in! Every game is a bet, and I bet on lucky number 13 every single time.

Everything's a ploy, even when I announce exactly what I'm gonna do.

I've just got an impulsive Mafia persona. If I can think of a plan, then I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work, then I'll just jump to plan B, and then plan C, and then plan D! Heck, I'll run out of letters and still keep going! There are no limits except what I can get away with, and if it catches scum, then I can get away with lying about investigation results.

That's the underlying theme in this game: The ends justify the means. Mafia is vigilante justice. If you hold the gun, you control the system. My word is my sword. I am the god that smites the unjust. The wicked recoil under my gaze. The wretched fall beneath my thunderous blows.

Heh.

Haha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 31, 2021, 12:13:40 pm »

I see that Web has become enlightened with madness.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 31, 2021, 12:14:50 pm »

*scratches neck furiously*

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 31, 2021, 12:28:43 pm »

Toony, why ask this question exactly? I am pretty sure NQT is mafia at this point. The only issue I have is seeing their partner, but I'd rather remove the one I think is mafia than vote a random person I don't have a.. I guess the term would be a confident read. And that list of options is simply from web insisting.

Should also be noted that I've been voting NQT from near the beginning. Someone bussing NQT isn't really an issue for me? If it weren't for that paladin claim I could jump onto web, but they're hiding behind that claim as a shield while they poke and prod everyone for info. And if they are scum are likely to self-destruct tomorrow. Or die tonight, which renders the point mute.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 31, 2021, 12:29:54 pm »

Yes, and it's terminal. Suppose that what paladin-web looks like, too many spiders.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 31, 2021, 01:29:42 pm »

Sotsu in July will be fun.

Toony, why ask this question exactly? I am pretty sure NQT is mafia at this point. The only issue I have is seeing their partner, but I'd rather remove the one I think is mafia than vote a random person I don't have a.. I guess the term would be a confident read. And that list of options is simply from web insisting.

Should also be noted that I've been voting NQT from near the beginning. Someone bussing NQT isn't really an issue for me? If it weren't for that paladin claim I could jump onto web, but they're hiding behind that claim as a shield while they poke and prod everyone for info. And if they are scum are likely to self-destruct tomorrow. Or die tonight, which renders the point mute.
I don't believe you. You're voting in bad faith.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 31, 2021, 02:16:18 pm »

Here's a way to test if Tric is telling the truth, Toony:

I lied about being a Paladin.

Now whatcha gonna do, Tric?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 31, 2021, 02:30:22 pm »

Where did prefuzek go? His last post is two days ago.

Jim,
Nobody likes being eliminated on D1, it's not alignment indicative to want to know the votes, is it?

If there were hammers in this game I'd understand the worry. But with a deadline in four days any early wagon almost always dissolves well before it expires. There was barely anything to worry about, or even be mindful of.

It's not a big thing but it is a thing.

Web,

I wanted to see what you actually do tomorrow. Otherwise, yes, I would have voted you. You can't make the argument "I'm scum, why aren't you voting me" that makes no sense. As for Toony-- he's been able to post more frequently than I have but has managed to do less. Do you like his posts?

Here I go again.

Why not just go after webadict today? Why wait until tomorrow? Is it really worth more than a dead webadict today?

What do you make of you and prefuzek both sharing this KILL WEBADICT TOMORROW sentiment?

Here's a way to test if Tric is telling the truth, Toony:

I lied about being a Paladin.

Now whatcha gonna do, Tric?

Oh, awesome.

What about yooooooooou, notquitethere and prefuzek?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51