Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43363 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - Free Range Murder [Day 3]
« Reply #645 on: June 06, 2021, 03:47:15 pm »

Everyone should say what their items are and when they got them too I think. This will force the mafia to lie again.

Started game with Scroll of Shapeshifting
Gained Scroll of Insight & Scroll of Hallucination at the end of D1
Used Scroll of Hallucination on NQT during N1
Received Potion of Invisibility at the end of N1
Gained Scroll of Protection and Scroll of Enchant Weapon at the end of D2
Used Scroll of Protection on NQT during N2

Why would Jim save NQT on D1 by attacking Bluarian? It's so anti-mafia and I don't think Jim has the brain power for it.

:(

Consider how late Jim Groovester voted Bluarian, and how early NQT voted Bluarian.

My first post of Day 2 calls you and BK scum. I was at work and didn't have the chance to vote BK at a less 'suspicious' time.

I don't think the Day 2 vote timing is that meaningful since BK was mechanically outed as the killer pretty quickly. Your analysis also ignores the end of Day 1 vote patterns which isn't that surprising since it would reflect very poorly on you.

Still, there isn't a good reason to actually lynch FoU other than scumminess.

I am going to frame this post.

Of note, NQT says reasons why Jim isn't scum, and tries to push for Fal to be lynched. But tomorrow he'll likely try to push for Jim to be lynched. Behavioral pattern applies to NQT here, only looking to push a single lynch. What did he do yesterday that was different from this? Him pushing a bus doesn't mean much given he was on the chopping block before then and blue was taking a lot of heat.

Is TricMagic actually mechanically clear? Is he trying to set up an NQT lynch tomorrow?

No, he couldn't be, because Scroll of Ill Will is a horrible item to fake claim with since it's detectable in all situations except for the limited one where the target doesn't action.

Okay, yes, it would have to be a torturously contrived scenario for TricMagic to be scum and TricMagic is paranoid.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 06, 2021, 04:19:54 pm »

Yep. Tric is 100% town.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 06, 2021, 04:37:30 pm »

I don't think the Day 2 vote timing is that meaningful since BK was mechanically outed as the killer pretty quickly. Your analysis also ignores the end of Day 1 vote patterns which isn't that surprising since it would reflect very poorly on you.
Well, yeah, it does. Which is why I'm entirely understanding if y'all want to execute me today. We have the room for one failed execution. Just as long as you're executed tomorrow. Sheer process of elimination should do the job at that point.

Yep. Tric is 100% town.
Yeah, I have to agree with you there.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 06, 2021, 04:39:56 pm »

Fallacy
Am I scummy-looking as heck? Absolutely. But if you accept Toony is telling the truth, I can't have performed the kill. Unless I'm a very lucky Ranger.
This is the other way:

Unfortunate, but fulfills the same overall goal I had planned. I used a Scroll of Command to try to redirect BluarianKnight into potentially killing me, but, alas, I was roleblocked, so I can confirm at least the roleblocking portion.
Perfect. Does my roleblock make you waste the Scroll of Command or do you still have it?

NQT was able to tell me their action tonight because I used a Scroll of Mail on them so we could communicate once during Night 1.
I believe I still have it.

Webadict does what he claimed to have wanted to do before and commits suicide-by-mafia with the scroll of command.

Also, Jim was on the Blu wagon on D1 as well. How does that fit? Early bussing?

I'm going to have to scour the item list to see if there's possibilities, but Tric and Toony look to be mechanically cleared.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 06, 2021, 04:40:32 pm »

The chances of FoU performing the kill are very slim though. I would rather lynch one of the two who could have done the kill and block the other.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 06, 2021, 04:48:17 pm »

The chances of FoU performing the kill are very slim though. I would rather lynch one of the two who could have done the kill and block the other.
There's about a 50% chance FoU killed Web if you account for the two redirections and your Ill Will effect. How is that slim?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 06, 2021, 04:48:37 pm »

Scroll of Ill Will   The target has one of the following effects applied at random: roleblock, redirect at random, loss of a random item, curse armor, or is poisoned.

If scum!Fallacy was redirected, he could have been redirected into killing Web. He could have lost an item, was cursed or was poisoned and is just lying about not receiving a report, and was redirected to Web with the scroll of command. Once you've ruled out the impossible, whatever's left, however unlikely, must be true.

Alternatively, Jim was the killer and we'll find out very soon. As it's a clear POE and we have roleblockers... does whoever it is want to save us the trouble and throw the towel in now?

(No harm in asking!)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 06, 2021, 04:57:29 pm »

Also, worth noting that Web wasn't a paladin, so he didn't have an inspect and so chances are he didn't have anything better to use than the scroll of command. If he still had it.

Toaster, are item shots used up if you are roleblocked while using them?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 06, 2021, 05:03:50 pm »

Completely un-forced wagon creation from Jim onto Blu on D1. Goes well beyond just distancing. Not impossible but not expected.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 06, 2021, 05:07:41 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 06, 2021, 05:11:45 pm »

Alternatively, Jim was the killer and we'll find out very soon. As it's a clear POE and we have roleblockers... does whoever it is want to save us the trouble and throw the towel in now?
(No harm in asking!)
*raises hand slowly*

I'll lose my mind if it isn't FoU.

I don't think the mafia team expected the N2 confirmations to work so well. This is why D1 scumhunting is important, time and time again it's proven.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 06, 2021, 05:12:50 pm »

One day I'll roll scum again and dance over everyone.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 06, 2021, 05:15:10 pm »

I don't think the mafia team expected the N1* confirmations to work so well. This is why D1 scumhunting is important, time and time again it's proven.
N1 confirmations, not N2.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #658 on: June 06, 2021, 05:19:40 pm »

I've scoured back over D1 and the only thing in favour of picking Jim is that was what past-NQT thought:

Hehehehe. OK guys there is at least one scum in Toony/Jim/Prefuzek. When there's a solid wagon formed, scum almost never all jump on the same vote.

As was pointed out at the time, this was hardly an ironclad  law of scum, just some tendency.

Also Blu made a last ditch case on Jim which could have been mutual distancing if the pair of them had made an agreement to mutually bus (seems a dangerous way to play D1 but not impossible).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 06, 2021, 05:27:03 pm »

Alternatively, Jim was the killer and we'll find out very soon.

Could've been you if we're going down the 'what if it's not FoU' rabbit hole.

You did praise BK's vote on me near the end of Day 1 as a bold and fresh direction before deciding to vote him a little bit later. Also letting ToonyMan know you were randomizing BK during N1 could've been mechanical cover for him for D2 that didn't end up working out since I randomized you.

You did spend most of Day 1 suspecting him and did try to lynch him before FoU swooped in to save him so there's stuff that doesn't work out but if this is the rabbit hole we want to go down, you are definitely a possibility.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 51