Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124158 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Ceramic Bread
« Reply #720 on: August 09, 2021, 10:56:20 pm »

((Cat, I get having fun with intentionally misunderstanding things, but please don't do that to your character sheet. You know what your HP is supposed to be, and it's not 16.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 09, 2021, 11:07:04 pm »

((Speaker has invented the Pogo Stick, congrats!))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 09, 2021, 11:14:48 pm »

((Cat, I get having fun with intentionally misunderstanding things, but please don't do that to your character sheet. You know what your HP is supposed to be, and it's not 16.))

((Ahhhhh… Spoilsport))

Edit:  fixed!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 11:17:58 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 10, 2021, 12:47:07 am »

Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

((also, Genesis will be ignoring Speaker's misunderstandings until it directly affects him, or amuses him, so if i don't respond to something, that's likely why.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 10, 2021, 12:56:27 am »

((why is the link with youare blocked?))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 10, 2021, 02:18:17 am »

((I think Ozark mentioned that they won't be connected if the colors are duplicated. So Dew can't form a violet connection with Youare because he already has that color connected to Grey.))
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 02:20:49 am by Fire and Glory »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 10, 2021, 12:24:57 pm »

((So if I change Youare’s link to red it would work?))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 10, 2021, 02:42:11 pm »

((There’s a color conflict on the link between The Speaker and Dew.  The Speaker has it as orange (with yellow being the link to Genesis), while Dew has it as yellow.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 10, 2021, 02:51:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I changed the link colors, does it work now?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 10, 2021, 03:14:32 pm »

Look at the link web I posted and make your colors according to that, please. I don't have time to chase every conflicting color down in you guys' spoilers. That's why I posted the web.
It is often a good idea to pay attention to my spoilers and other bits, since I will tend to try to organize us and make things clearer for people who want ot participate but get a little confused with all the happenings.

((also, Genesis will be ignoring Speaker's misunderstandings until it directly affects him, or amuses him, so if i don't respond to something, that's likely why.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 10, 2021, 03:28:35 pm »

I changed the link colors, does it work now?

Looks good to me!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #731 on: August 10, 2021, 06:17:52 pm »

Shore Team
Explain and Ask:
"Our orders tell us that this situation has been caused by a misplaced rod of bounty, and to return the object with us for disposal. We are also to attempt to determine how the rod came to be misplaced. We've been told that these rods are used mainly for farming purposes, and that the incidents around here began several months ago. Tell, me, if you would:
1)What do rods of bounty typically look like?
2) how big is their typical area of effect?
3) can a farmer carry one unnoticed on their person?
4) have there been recent incidents or movement of farmers from the countrysidde to the port shortly before the catch of fish began to grow?
5) have you heard of any inland regions recently coming under atypical hardships that might be attributed to the loss of a rod?
6) do these rods typically affect livestock, crops, humans?
7) how do mundanes submit requests to the Magi for assistance?"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)

1) "They're products of the Grand Atelier so they're always ornate. Size varies, but they tend to look like golden saplings with emerald leaves. Usually inscribed with climbing ivy patterns. Long rod, branching top, pointed bottom to sink into the soil. They'll grown and anchor themselves too, even into rock. Removing them isn't easy."

2) "Depends on their size as far as I know. Largest I've seen had a radius large enough to encompass an entire city, but the rod itself was huge. More often than not they're either about as tall as a man and influence a few acres, or as big as a tree and influence dozens of acres."

3)"Maybe if they had one designed for a home garden or something. Generally not."

4)"As far as I know there are three incidents that might be of interest. The first is that there was a caravan that stayed here about 8 months ago. Traders carrying cargo towards the city north of here. Its not impossible they had something like that: one of the smaller kinds could have easily fit in their trailers. The second is that there was a costal town maybe a day's travel from here. An earthquake caused the cliff it was on to crumble into the ocean. Very few survivors. Possible a rod was in that town and got into the ocean during the collapse. However that was something like 5 years ago. Last one, is that we have had ships go down or lose cargo on the rocks nearby. Fair number of ships travel around the coast here."

5) "Can't say I have. Chances are they wouldn't have bet everything on a single rod though. At least no one with any sense."

6) "Usually they root themselves into the ground and their magic only effects things similarly rooted. But I've heard that if they're just setting exposed and unrooted they can effect just about anything around them. Not quickly of course, but over time. Also they only work on things actively growing, so adults shouldn't be effected, but children could be."

7) "Generally they speak with any of the local branches of the Atelier. Though I was able to ask more directly."

“Understood Captain, what’re your orders?”
Listen for the captain’s orders, if no orders are given, look around the ship to see who needs help and what they need help with
Youare taps Dew on the shoulder.

"I only have one needle link. As a redundancy measure, it's probably worthwhile to have at least two. Would you be happy to link needles?"

Youare wanders the docks attempting to borrow, beg, or requisition:
 - net(s)
 - fish or other creatures, still living
 - bait of any kind
 - any kind of fishing rod
 - anything used as a light source
 - anything used to slice up or kill fish, such as a gutting knife

He then returns to the ship and links with Dew if permitted.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

[2,5,5,2,4,3]
-No nets
-Several live fish
-a bucket of chum and large maggots
-No rod
-An old crank powered lantern
-A fillet knife, heavily used and somewhat dull.

Make more flakes, but hold onto them for now. Make my way as far from the town as possible, but still over the water (on top of a cliff would do). Once in a suitably out of the way spot, use the ROCK CHICKEN STATUE to make a KRAKEN. Use a fate point in this. Obviously, conjure it in the water. If I have to make it less powerful to make sure it obeys me, do so.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

[2] NOPE.

Grey finds the captain and lets him know what he's going to be doing.

"Captain, provided you are willing I am going to be preparing something that should make us all resistant to physical harm, for a little while anyways. I am also going to be shielding the ship's hull, I don't know how long it'll hold up in a fight but it should take at least one solid hit without taking any damage."

"Also...What's the ship's name? if I may ask?"

Grey spends one fate and puts a new spell in his needle, Maintain the health and physical well being of the ship's crew. If the captain doesn't like this for some reason, Grey changes it to Maintain the health and physical well being of the ship's Homunculi crew.

Unless the captain objects Grey spends another fate point and Maintains the hull's state of repair, keeping it as an ongoing process.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
[5. 3] (Put in your sheet the intent of the spell and this roll as the result)

"The ship's name is the 'Leaden Crown'."

"Don't worry Elizabeth I'll find something to keep you warm and dry."
Look around the dock for any kind of abandoned cloth and sheet plastic, then once those items are found use my sword to cut the cloth into a robe, then do the same for the plastic sheeting so it act as a poncho, after all that's done get on the boat.
[4] You get some thick canvas cloth and create a sort of rough parka or poncho out of it. Its not the most well suited for this sort of thing but its better than nothing and Liz seems less cold.

Find a sword, get on boat, and stick my head in some water.
You already have a sword. Someone already gave you a sword. A magic sword no less.

Grey offers his feather shaped saber to Greed.

"Here, you can have my sword. It's magic you know."
You stick your head in some water and find yourself still able to breathe. Specifically, water doesn't enter your mouth or nose when you breathe in or out.

(Oz pointed out that Speaker was talking to the land not the captain so I fixed the turn. Thank oz for that, cat~)

((Yes, of course.))

((Thanks, Oz, four those 6 extra hit points!))

"1)What do rods of bounty typically look like?”

Rods of bounding?  Well, I suppose they would look like a metal tube with some kind of foot and would be inserted into another tube along with a spring.  The outer tube would have handholds and footrests and the whole thing would work by forcing the inner tube into the outer tube in such a way as to compress the spring thus making the spring push back on the inner tube with enough force to cause the whole contraption and it’s rider to be propelled upwards and/or in whatever direction they were leaning.

"2) how big is their typical area of effect?”

The area of the biggest pickle?  I have no idea.

"3) can a farmer carry one unnoticed on their person?"

Well, I suppose it depends on the size of the pickle!

"
4) have there been recent incidents or movement of farmers from the countrysidde to the port shortly before the catch of fish began to grow?
5) have you heard of any inland regions recently coming under atypical hardships that might be attributed to the loss of a rod?
6) do these rods typically affect livestock, crops, humans?
7) how do mundanes submit requests to the Magi for assistance?"

What, can you please stop mumbling and mouthing the words, I’m having a hard time making out what you are saying!

The Speaker then addresses the man behind the desk:

Do you know if there are any farms that aren’t connected to any roads, I asked the land earlier, but it must not have been in a good mood…. Also, do you know anything about any counting rods, or bounding rods?”, The Speaker asks inquisitively.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Edit:  fixed an unintentional quote pyramid.

Edit2:  Lenglon is a spoilsport…
The man behind the desk squints at you for a moment, with your still unbandaged injuries and such. "Did you hit your head?"

“Understood Captain, what’re your orders?”
Listen for the captain’s orders, if no orders are given, look around the ship to see who needs help and what they need help with

So there's nothing really for you to do right now, so I'm just going to explain the layout of the ship to everyone, for the future.

The ship is about 100 meters long, with three cranes lined up along the first 3/4ths of the ship like masts on old sailing vessels. It has four harpoon guns on the front, and 4 more along each side, spread out fairly evenly. Also along the side are what look like large racks of metal barrels; each rack has a sort of loading and ramp mechanism to allow barrels to be dumped overboard. They must be the depth charges. The cannons the captain mentioned are mounted slightly above the decks on little metal islands, so that they can be tilted downwards and fire at the sea near the ship. They are reloaded by hand but from a magazine that discharges shells from below deck. The rear 1/4th of the ship is tall command bridge, maybe 3 stories higher than the deck. The deck itself is covered mostly open along the center but has large winches and tie points to, with the help of the cranes, get prey onto the deck for butchery. There's also a large central hold with a double pair of horizontally mounted doors to allow things to be moved in and out via the cranes.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 10, 2021, 08:45:34 pm »

Find a sword, get on boat, and stick my head in some water.

You already have a sword. Someone already gave you a sword. A magic sword no less.
((Er, no. Since he didn’t notice in the slightest I decided to keep the sword.))

((It was a limited time offer, btw. I’m not that desperate to get rid of it.))
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 08:58:19 pm by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 10, 2021, 09:02:38 pm »

First, Genesis is going to turn to Speaker, grab his shoulders and lean in close to his ear and speak loud and slow: YOU. ARE. DEAF.
Then, he is going to continue to speak with the man behind the desk:

"He's deaf, but he's also not entirely right in the head.
1) You mentioned asking the Magi more directly, and I cannot help but notice the mark on you5r forehead. I'd like to know more about your connection to the order we also serve.
2) Please give us directions to the local Atelier branch as well.
3) Do you know of anyone from the town that sunk? I'd like to meet any survivors isf possible. Though the sinking happened years ago, if a rod had been buried with the town, it could have recently been unearthed.
4) Similarly, if you have any information on that caravan, especially a contact person we could speak with, I'd appreciate that information, as well as directions to the city they were traveling to - north, you said.
5) As for ships being sunk, unless there are records of cargo that would tell of a rod of bounty, I suppose that would be generally impossible to investigate through normal means, though some of my associates could probably get that information. But it'd probably be easier to get that information after the current situation is resolved.
6) Ah, one last thing. That old sea dog that brought us here: what is your opinion of him, especially as a leader of men and captain of a ship?

And of course, do you have any questions for us?"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 10, 2021, 09:45:52 pm »

First, Genesis is going to turn to Speaker, grab his shoulders and lean in close to his ear and speak loud and slow: YOU. ARE. DEAF.

The Speaker turns to Genesis:

I am not deaf.  It’s just that everyone keeps mumbling and mouthing their words.  For some reason, this problem only seems to happen with people.  Whenever I speak with something that isn’t a person, they (usually) enunciate their words in a normal tone of voice.  That being said, I could at least make out from this man’s mumbling that the rods of bounding (or counting, or bounty, or whatever they’re called) are carved from the Grand Antler, are shaped like trees, have sap made out of gold, and have moldy leaves (although I fail to understand why something so ornate would be ordained with something so disgusting.  In any case, I believe he wants to know about my head.

The Speaker then turns to the man behind the desk:

What happened is that the plaque in the portal room mentioned a rod of bounty, but then my associate started asking the captain of the ship about ‘rods of counting’.  Then I realized that my associate had really been asking about ‘roads of country’.  As he had been asking whether there were any farms that lacked one, I asked the land if there were any farms that weren’t connected to any roads.  Unfortunately, the land didn’t answer my question.  Instead, it…  It just… hold on…”

The Speaker then turns around and and opens the door to the outside.  He then leans outside just far enough to see the ground (I.e the land) and casts a spell on it so that non-all-tounges can hear it speak (the same spell he cast on the dummy in the training room).  He then asks the land to explain to the man behind the desk what happened.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Edit: :s/trading/training
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 01:41:40 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 116