Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Dominions 5 Round 05 - Finished, Na'Ba victorious  (Read 33045 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 05 - Started
« Reply #255 on: April 02, 2022, 07:25:59 pm »

Hot damn, my 30 prot thug really got chunked down by 12 damage spears huh? I knew he'd be taking a lot of critical hits but I didn't quite realize they wrecked armor that badly.

Sorta a pathetic and sad showing. Clearly I need to brush up on how to thug underwater.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 07:55:13 pm by Criptfeind »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 05, 2022, 02:49:23 am »

Happy Tuesday!
I just postponed the hosting by 24 hours, so you (and I) can have a full day to figure out your turns. I should probably not get in the habit of doing this...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2022, 07:27:27 am »

Probably not... It's fine if you legit need the 4 days to do your turn because you're super busy or something unexpected came up, but if it's a situation where you're always waiting until the last moment to even start then needing even more time... Try to start earlier.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2022, 07:47:48 am »

Since in this instance even you have yet to submit your turn, with only kriv02 - Agartha having submitted a turn, I felt it appropriate this time.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 05, 2022, 08:01:30 am »

It's a terrible habit to hold off on submitting my turn until the end, but I don't do it because I need more time, but rather because I want to continue to think about my turn and am never satisfied with it, my turn is done and I'll likely submit it without editing, which means that even if something suddenly came up so long as I had like 5 minutes at my computer I could submit it without an issue with the deadline. So don't worry about me when it comes to things like this, I'll be sure to ask if I need it :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 08:05:53 am by Criptfeind »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 06, 2022, 05:03:18 pm »

My turn has been submitted.
Anyone need a bail-out turn extension?
I'll try to monitor it, but no guarantees if you don't ask...
Edit: Nevermind, I see everyone was able to get their turns in. Thanks!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 09, 2022, 05:30:33 pm »

Frankly, I'm impressed by how poorly that fort battle went. The AI seemed to be going out of its way to be ineffectual.

Ah, well, I've been living on borrowed time. Drain scales only work if you have a good expansion to offset it, and I honestly think I may have had my worst MP expansion ever this time around. Soon enough everyone else will get to be steamrolled by Na'Ba'. Congrats on winning the PR-game, and thus the game-game.

(I can definitely see why you're such a fan of dense, small maps.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 09, 2022, 05:36:37 pm »

Yeah, Ys probably should have gone AI in-game years ago.  It might have helped us divide your resources to fend off Na'Ba.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 09, 2022, 05:57:28 pm »

Oh, it's too late for you. They're gonna eat you alive, assuming they don't just bypass you and claim the UW thrones w/o even bothering to fight you. You had your chance, and you knew I wasn't gonna go AI just b/c my position was difficult, so even that isn't a good excuse. Everyone knew who the early leader was, and y'all let them sit back and consolidate control of 1/5th the map with strong magic scales. You'd not be in a meaningfully stronger position if you had another 4-6 provinces strung out across the ocean. Turtling and trying to domkill your neighbors isn't working against me, and it certainly wouldn't work against Na'Ba.

The time to fight Na'Ba was before they had late-game spells at their fingertips. They now have high research and a better economy than any two other nations on the map, and their paths and shrouded dominion mean you'll have a miserable time trying to take the fight to them. It would have been better if they had to fight on 3 fronts, but now you'll be lucky to get 2 fronts, and they're in a position to shut those down. Ya can't say I didn't warn ya. I went to war with them (with promises of simultaneous attacks from you and Abysia), and doing so killed any chance I had of catching up with y'all, but your perfidy isn't gonna serve you any better in the long run.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 06:04:26 pm by E. Albright »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 09, 2022, 06:00:18 pm »

(I can definitely see why you're such a fan of dense, small maps.)

Lol, dude... There's no need to continue making snide remarks like this. Diplomacy and lying is all well and good but all the little out of game sniping just because I have the temerity to disagree with you on map design goes past the pale, if you wanta have some debate on it, we could possibly do that in an appropriate thread, but not here and not like this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 09, 2022, 06:11:30 pm »

It's not "out of game sniping", nor is it snide. You picked a nation that very strongly favors dense maps (while advocating for us to pick one and arguing they're inherently better), and your playstyle plainly favors it. Pointing this out both serves as warning to the other players in the game about your tactics, and (since you want diplomacy) warns the other players about how trustworthy you are. Not that that matters at this point. You won the moment you convinced Mictlan & Abysia not to fight you.

Just for the record, pages back you made the claim that as a rule you play with better players than you. IDK if that's true normally, but you're definitely not doing so here - we're all either amateurs or very out of practice. You, OTOH, definitely are neither but have been playing at being an ingenue.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 06:13:55 pm by E. Albright »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 09, 2022, 06:27:22 pm »

Hey! I take umbrage over such proclamations. I'm a far, far better player than any of you lot. It's just that, I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately. And I was distracted by, uh, work or something. And I hurt my pinky finger so I can't use my mouse as well. And the dog ate my homework.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 09, 2022, 06:29:15 pm »

Just for the record, pages back you made the claim that as a rule you play with better players than you.

Is that a reference to this statement?

And they certainly are not fair when that happens, It normally means you're playing with a group of players too far below your skill level... So it doesn't happen to me much! :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 09, 2022, 07:16:41 pm »

Frankly, I lost on my first turn when I loaded up and saw where the thrones were located.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 12, 2022, 05:02:44 pm »

Lol wtf, excess fatigue damage gave one of my mages profuse bleeding and he fucking died. I didn't even know that could happen.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23