Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Angel Team - Chiaroscuro 2 | Design Phase T6  (Read 20565 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Team - Chiaroscuro 2 | Strategy Phase T2
« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2022, 10:11:45 am »

Personally, I'm not voting for the shackle because I particularly want it. I'm voting the shackle because I think the Demons would use it to break our influence and I refuse to let them have it.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Team - Chiaroscuro 2 | Revision Phase T2
« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2022, 10:13:44 am »

I'll let someone else decide...
Quote from: Votebox
Muu to...
Sheltered Fjords: (6) Failbird, Madman, Kashyyk, evilcherry, Secretdorf, m1895

Unique Materials
The Ent Branch: (3) Happerry, evilcherry, Secretdorf
Truesilver Extract: (3) m1895, Madman, Kashyyk,
The Broken Shackle: (3) TricMagic, Failbird, EuchreJack

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2022, 12:47:18 pm »

Personally, I'm not voting for the shackle because I particularly want it. I'm voting the shackle because I think the Demons would use it to break our influence and I refuse to let them have it.

And I recommend that you don't vote like that, for two reasons:

1. Voting to counter the enemy's Unique item instead of thinking about what Unique thing we could do is counter to the very point of an Arms Race. We want to worry about the cool things WE can do and not what horrible things the enemy *might* do.
2. Kashyyk first pointed this out, but a Unique Influence product is...not the greatest compared to the potential of Unique items in combat lanes or as Infrastructure. It can only be in 1/6th of the Influence locations at once. It might certainly be powerful but worrying about that somehow ending our Influence potential everywhere is silly and unrealistic.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2022, 01:09:11 pm »

I mostly want to do the shackles for a primary INF hero. Since the Wandering Hero status I decided to use for diff-drop means they will end up there most of the time.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2022, 01:26:04 pm »

Muu to...
Sheltered Fjords: (6) Failbird, Madman, Kashyyk, evilcherry, Secretdorf, m1895

Unique Materials
The Ent Branch: (4) Happerry, evilcherry, Secretdorf, EuchreJack
Truesilver Extract: (3) m1895, Madman, Kashyyk,
The Broken Shackle: (2) TricMagic, Failbird

Good, because I secretly coveted the Ent Branch all along, and now it will be MINE...er, I mean OURS.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2022, 01:34:05 pm »

Muu to...
Sheltered Fjords: (7) Failbird, Madman, Kashyyk, TricMagic, evilcherry, Secretdorf, m1895

Unique Materials
Truesilver Extract: (4) m1895, Madman, Kashyyk, TricMagic
The Broken Shackle: (1) Failbird

Good, because I secretly coveted the Ent Branch all along, and now it will be MINE...er, I mean OURS.
The Silver, it calls to me. (And mm's design idea.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2022, 01:58:54 pm »

Muu to...
Sheltered Fjords: (7) Failbird, Madman, Kashyyk, TricMagic, evilcherry, Secretdorf, m1895

Unique Materials
Truesilver Extract: (5) m1895, Madman, Kashyyk, TricMagic, Failbird
The Broken Shackle: ()

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2022, 04:14:48 pm »

For Future Refence if we get the Silver.

Vampire Squidgirl Seer Hero (The girl with Truesilver Eyes)
+Can Seer Seconds to up to an Hour into the future. Takes time to ramp up and down. What she can observe is dependent on where she would go/hear/what she does, and can be adjusted for varying paths. (This sight is not hindered by light nor darkness)
-Can't see the present. Actions can cause the future to change from what is seen, leading to 'potential' mistakes in combat. Adjustment to see the varying paths can take anywhere from a few seconds to a full hour.
=Uses a Blessed Silver Staff for combat to interrupt, bash, and down foes. While not a complicated style, it is fairly effective when you can see where your opponent is going to do and Hero-tier stats.
+Has a 'dress' like a Vampire Squid, capable of lashing over downed foes and dragging them into her maw beneath it. Said maw can extend the length of the 'dress' to snap down on heads and bodies, leaving a trail of broken corpses in her wake.
+Can emit light bright enough to blind and disorient foes. These gems are located right above her hips. The strobing light can make seeing her very difficult. As well as aiding a retreat like vampire squids do. (Use the principles behind gathered sunlight to allow her to upgrade?)
=No mental adjustments beyond what is needed to process information gleamed from her Sight. She's no genius capable of Xanatos Speed Chess but the info she gleams can be passed along. (Has a link to Muu's mind like the sea servants before her.)

Idea.

Coisrigeadh an Tiomnaidh
A fairly simple ritual overseen by acolytes, saltwater mixed with a bit of Muu's 'blood' in a bowl is poured into cups and given to the participants. They drink as the acolytes bleed the participants and imbue magic into their blood. The gathered blood is mixed into the remainder of the drinkbowl and a prayer to Muu is said.

"As we drink of you, may you drink of us. Our minds and will are one, and together we shall live on."

The rest of the drink evaporates and enters into their heads, most vanishing as an offering to Muu. This creates a hivemind on the same level as the Sea Servants between the participants. In this manner each unit becomes as one force. Due to each person retaining their individuality(for now), it's limited to words, feelings, and actions. Senses are not shared, though we should see the combat effectiveness of our human troops improved, as they can now work together far more efficiently.
Note that as the link is disrupted when one of them gathers their mental focus for magic, it's not viable for magic users. Additionally, one must be capable of prayer to partake in this communion between people.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 05:08:18 pm by TricMagic »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2022, 11:49:59 am »

Angel Team: Battle Phase T2
TURNTURNTURN
Battle Report in core thread.

It is now the Design Phase. You have two designs, and one mythic design using the Truesilver Extract. You will receive a second revision this turn, in light of the extra design.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tokens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Team - Chiaroscuro 2 | Design Phase T3
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2022, 01:03:06 pm »

Spirit of Rebellion
The gadfly dies, their souls burnt out. But the spirits behind them don't. So long as their cause exists, so too do they live on.
Muu took the words "alive so long as you are remembered: very literally.

The Spirit of Rebellion is comprised of all those who have died to the unjust systems they fought against, a ritual pulling all that is good and basing them around the Gadflies themselves. In this manner they spread along the memories to fight against the tyranny, the natural good they are made up of mutating those affected, making their brains hardened against evil. This manifests as a single-minded devotion to seeing that the Gadfly's cause is carried out. And all this power also manifests to give a Gadfly the ability to fight beyond death.

The Spirit of Rebellion modifies the Gadfly, appearing when they die. Naturally they are Rare.

Space-Time Environment Espy System
The STEER is created through forging Truesilver into runes of sight, observation, and various world runes along with time and others, carefully molded into a number of stone pillars and an altar. Through placing a number of lodestones throughout the areas, it is possible for Muu to use the STEER to observe the movements and concentrations of evil across the lands. This can be used to determine movement patterns ahead of time, and even use that info to deploy Unique units in opposition to others. Nur-Carok stands out as a beacon of darkness, though other unique units are generalized. The STEER is capable of counting how many of such signals exist within a given time, giving an indication of any new units that are created. Due to the observation/effect clause, this can only be noticed after they are created, rather than before. Sadly as infrastructure, it can only be used at home, so any changes that occur during the battle or in cities will be unknown. Though having a proper overview of what will happen gives you the ability to change it.

tl:dr: Allows us to count the number of Heroes the opposing side has, as well as see where they will be deployed. This can be used to assign a hero to counter another hero (semi-randomly). Nar-Carok is Evil enough that we always know where he is, so can assign units directly to them. In addition, it gives our forces an advantage of info on what the opposing side will do in general, granting an advantage due to foresight. It is not self-updating(since only Muu can use it at home base), so it's information will degrade quickly when we go against what is seen. (Does not actually give us a look into the demon's thread for the first part) Is mind-breaking enough that no mortal can use it.

Blessed Sea Salt
Saltwater is dumped into a pool within the Forge of Cleansing and left to sit. Solids fall to the bottom while water rises to the top. The result is a lot of high-quality sea salt.(and other things which get picked out of the final product) Due to being within the forge it also absorbs trace amounts of good, which acts as a slight counteragent to evil. Useful for everything salt is useful for, including keeping out evil spirits and preserving the dead.

Community Services - Remembrance Ceremony
These "Masters" turn what should be a time of mourning into a time of wrath. Funerals should be times to remember someone, not be twisted into a mockery of who they were for some nebulous purpose. Enter the Community Services, an Outreach program to help others less fortunate. The communities take on the burden of funerals, gathering many people and using their wealth to ensure that the dead will be remembered for who they were. A number of speakers are chosen and imbued with a spell-work to pass on this thought, that those that die are not truly gone so long as we remember them in our hearts and souls, and through doing so bring peace to the bereaved. These funerals also include some simple food and drink laced with the worms of Muu. The good imbued in the funerals will keep them fed for a week or two before they die out, giving them time to mutate others to the Community's service. And perhaps most importantly, helping the bereaved is a profoundly good act which raises up those who perform these Remembrance Ceremonies, instilling in them the noble good that marks them as pillars of the community and a voice to rely on in times of doubt. (Uses Wealth Token to help the bereaved families in their time of loss. While the Remembrance Ceremonies are simple, the coin helps the families who have lost one of their own, and encourages friends to also help them.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 03:12:20 pm by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Team - Chiaroscuro 2 | Revision Phase T0
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2022, 01:43:37 pm »

The next designs lore doesn't quite work yet, it's meant to be something we work on a bit later, but it felt poignant to know how hard it would be to try while we still have the chance to learn such a thing. But first, a story:

A little girl holds tight to her father's arm, tears streaming down her face. "Please don't go daddy!"

The man kneels, placing a hand upon her head. "I have to, little star." He responds. "They need me out there."

This man was a soldier. Once a militiaman for the village after a pirate raid, now one for the cult of Muu. He remembered the monsters who took the life of his wife, his darling little Cassandra's mother. He didn't want to see anyone suffer like that again, and yet now there was an army raising in the south, an army of monsters in human skin lead by a devil. If they reached their home...

"B-but I don't want to be alone!" Cassandra sobbed. And he held her close.

"You won't be. You'll be here with friends. Curt and Merry, they'll watch out for you, and you'll be able to play with your friend Mikey whenever you want. Isn't that nice?"

"But why do you have to go? Why can't you stay?"

"They're hurting people out there. The bad guys. I won't let them reach us, I won't let them hurt you too."

The girls grip loosened, she sniffles. "P-promise you'll come back. Promise you won't let them hurt you!" She cried out.

The man's breath hitched. He hesitated... then nodded. "Okay, I won't let them. And I'll always come back to you. Now go on, I have to get going."

Slowly, steadily, the girl let go, and she ran over to the two waiting a short distance away.

"I'll come back." The man muttered to himself, as he turned away, to step onto the ship.
Some time later
It was raining. It often rained, but today it felt all the heavier. Cassandra sprinted through the rain, her body soaking wet, down to the shore. She had to see the ships, she had to see her dad.

She watched as they pulled in to dock. Soldiers and Servants alike streamed out. She waited, she waited. She didn't see his face. They started wheeling out the bodies. He was just one of the people moving the carts right? That's why he was behind the others right?

... but it was only Sea Servants pulling the carts.

The Sea Servant ritual
The bodies were arrayed along the shore, Muu presiding over the ritual. These souls had offered their very bodies and minds for the service of the village. She bent down towards the final body, a gruff man, his heart had been pierced clean through. She prepared the flesh...

And a voice interrupted. Not in words, but wails. The cries of a child, running out onto the beach. The girl dropped to her knees, in front of the body. She grip its hand, and cried.

"You said they wouldn't hurt you! You said you'd come back!"
Quote from: TricMagic Edit to Story
The crowd looked on in shock. None wanted to doubt the benevolence of their Angel, but none knew how she would react. As Muu paused, several closed their eyes. She reached towards the girl, took her in her hands... and cradled her close. Muu finished the ritual with her remaining arm and, as the bodies were sent out to their burial at sea, Muu sunk into the water as well, the girl held close. Those present waited for some time, but when neither surfaced, they gradually moved on.

Muu would not surface for some time, indeed, there were those who had worried they'd offended their Angel in some way, that she had left them. The new Sea Servants emerged, but Muu did not. She had gone deep beneath into a nearby chasm with the child, slowly soothing with a song. Deeper they went to a place no light existed, but one. And Muu gathered up a squid, and gently linked the mind or the child with her own as a light of Good bloomed in the darkest abyss.

The next day Muu returned with a new hero in tow, someone who would do her best to never let kind words become lies.

Quote from: TricMagic's Version: The Abyssal Seer, Eitama
Champion Design: Kin of Muu- The Abyssal Seer, Eitama
Eitama is the first of what would come to be known as the Kin of Muu. Those selected by Muu directly, raised up and remade by her very own hands into something greater than what they once were. Chasm is a fusion, a Vampire Squid was selected as the base, giving her the appearance of wearing a dress. The many tentacles that make up this skirt can grasp foes nearby and drag them under, where a mutated mouth snaps down the skirt around the heads, or in small cases eating prey whole. Above her hips lie a bioluminescent organ which she can use to blind and dazzle foes with strobe-flashes of concentrated light, useful for both retreat and combat.

Her shining eyes are the real treasure though. Enchanted Truesilver Eyes gives her sight beyond, letting her see her future. She can scale this between a few seconds and up to an hour, though time is needed to scale up and down. Light and darkness does not hinder this, her eyes having seen the wonders of the deep sea world alongside Muu. What she sees is entirely depend on where she goes in the future. While it takes time to adjust to a new path depending on how far she is seeing, this allows her to see what will occur in her future in time to change it. This is a rather awe-inspiring power, though it comes at a price. Never being able to see the present, only able to act on her future.

Eitama's combat style primary revolves around the use of a Muu-Blessed Silver Staff to interrupt, bash, and down foes. While not a complicated style, it is fairly effective when you can see where your opponent is going to do and Hero-tier stats. Her main goal is to down opponents for her "dress" to finish off, leaving a trail of dead behind her. Her ability to see what a foe will do gives her an advantage in this, while she isn't really an expert, you don't need to be to whack people down. Of course, as she is acting according to a shifting future, some enemies might be fast enough to react, but that's what her light is for, giving her enough space to work with.

In Influence, her goal is pretty simple. Act as a central authority, having info brought in for her to go over, allowing forces in the area an hour advance notice. Eitama has a link to Muu, letting them talk and connect, though this link only really applies when they are in the same area. Eitama's main weakness both on the battlefield and off is rather simple, she can only be in one place at one time. Given she can be in quite a few of those, it's fine, but her own self is limited to her present location, so scouting isn't really her current role, it's determining what a foe might do. Eitama doesn't have any mental enhancements beyond what is needed to process the info, and her mind is rather childlike, if determined to keep as many of hers alive as possible. And well, demons aren't people, big sis Muu said so.

Honestly a nice image.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 04:26:56 pm by TricMagic »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2022, 04:02:18 pm »

Here's a couple of designs I pitched in Discord. I'm firmly of the opinion we need an Influence design this turn to go with the Liquid Light Elementals and the probably-Combat Champion.

Quote from: Corals of Community
The rich and powerful are always looking for curiosities amd artworks to show off their wealth, taste and culture. The latest is an offering from the far north, transported at great expense and requiring constant care and attention. These items are carefully cultured pieces of coral, still alive and mutated to regularly change its shape and colour in appealing ways. Whilst this is not obvious when watching, each day will have a new and tasteful form.

When placed in a salt water aquarium and accompanied by schools of fish, the latent enchantments activate. The aquarium and its inhabitants form a perfect, beautiful community that blessez any who observe it with a growing desire to form a Good, loving community of their own. One the disciples of Muu are so very happy to provide.

Quote from: The Holy Chorus
Nobility and High Culture go hand in hand. And what is more cultured than the Opera?

The Holy Chorus is a name shared by several musical ensembles that tour the mortal Kingdoms, performing one of several Operas. Written and composed with the same care that goes into a Gadfly's empassioned speech, each piece is a moralistic masterpiece, carefully nuanced to remain appealing whilst plying its message of community, love and Good. The performers are enchanted with emotional hexes, reminding the audience of the plight of the commoners,  their duty to their fellow man, and their responsibly for those beneath them. Whilst there is no death to power your spell, the prolonged exposure should have a comparable effect.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2022, 04:38:51 pm »

Hydrometallon Mine
While it may look like just two runecarved pipes, The Hydrometallon is a fully functioning if relatively slow mine. The first tube causes any water pumped through it to leach out a valuable metal from ore, and the second pipe sucks the metal from the water and deposits it in whatever container it is connected to. The benefits over standard mines are threefold, first it can be used on veins largely inaccessible by current mining techniques. Secondly, it has much lower running costs than a standard mine, particularly important with the most dangerous, and therefore the most expensive to run, and thirdly extracting out just the metal skips the smelting stage entirely. The only real problem is uh, they can only extract one metal per pair, meaning a mine with notable ore veins of several different metals would require several pairs of Hydrometallon to work at peak efficiency.
While we, of course, will retain a decent number of these for our own purposes, the Hydrometallon is intended as an export.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 04:55:08 pm by m1895 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2022, 09:44:24 pm »

Liquid Light Elementals- Redux
The Bottled Sunlight has proven itself. It is a masterful work of craftsmanship and magic. It only makes sense to expand our work with the substance. This is done with the creation of a type of angelic being known as a Cherub, which appears as a small, translucent, gelatinous creature with a shining bright heart at its center and a visible brain. When these Cherubs are inserted into the substance they essentially become a solid Core that can control a substantial amount of the Liquid Light to form a body larger than that of a man. In these new bodies the Cherubs form a sort of 'golem' of Liquid Light. The Liquid Light Elementals tend to take on a sort of standard form that they keep their shape to. Trending towards simple shapes with six to eight similarly simple limbs, the standard forms the Liquid Light Elementals take are often reminiscent of various sorts of crustacean and cephalopod in their broad structure, though outliers exist.

Being made of Bottled Sunlight, the Liquid Light Elementals carry many of its properties. However, the Cherub stabilizes the body, preventing it from evaporating, which also reduces the effectiveness of their abilities. A Liquid Light Elemental can heal, but not as quickly as Bottled Sunlight. It can melt away Evil based beings with its touch, but not to the same potency. Even the amount of light they give off is closer to the fully bottled form of Bottled Sunlight than the released form. And yet regardless, they are still a living mass of the closest thing yet achieved to solid Good. Their bodies are able to shift are rearrange to allow strikes at greater distances than their form would otherwise allow.

They do have two core drawbacks however. First is that their core is the key. Should the Core be destroyed their bodies will merely fall apart into a mass of Bottled Sunlight. Similarly, parts cut off of their bodies will lose the stability provided by the Cherubic core and begin to evaporate as normal, meaning they cannot fully restore themselves from injury without Bottled Sunlight from another source. Secondly, is that they are simply very costly to make, in that they either require time taken away from producing bottles of Bottled Sunlight, or the expenditure of said bottles themselves, making their numbers inversely proportional to the amount of Bottled Sunlight we field.

Wealth Token: Yet it doesn't have to be this way. If we were to invest some of the resources we've acquired over the course of the war so far, we could create a second facility for Bottled Sunlight production. We could then dedicate this entire facility solely to the production of additional Liquid Light Elementals, thus mitigating their low numbers to an extent.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 05:40:16 pm by Failbird105 »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2022, 12:24:15 am »

Liquid Light Elementals - EuchreJack
Corals of Community - EuchreJack

Champion Design: Kin of Muu- The Abyssal Seer, Eitama - EuchreJack

...I can't resist the Magic Fishtank of Conversion aka Corals of Community