Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Traitors in the Fortress: Presidential Executions: Traitors Win!  (Read 13349 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors in the Fortress: Day 1 - The First Arguments
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2022, 11:32:18 pm »

I think the expression is Luckyowl'd.  This clueless banter sounds like town!knightwing.  As the webadict, Knightwing had more of a clue as to what was going on.
What game were you playing? At least compare it to the opening part of the last webadict game, the one with all the weird ball flavor. Clueless banter is exactly what scum Knightwing hides behind. Town knightwing gives off a distinct air of actually trying. KWN might even be a less good comparison since his webadictness was an open secret - but he still used clueless banter as chaff.

Look, I'm trying to be modestly diffident about this but you are really making me feel like the scum team is just knightwing/Jack/webadict. If you're town and don't want to lose the game, you need to do better than to just say something that is obviously the opposite of reality.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2022, 11:37:18 pm »

I think the expression is Luckyowl'd.  This clueless banter sounds like town!knightwing.  As the webadict, Knightwing had more of a clue as to what was going on.
What game were you playing? At least compare it to the opening part of the last webadict game, the one with all the weird ball flavor. Clueless banter is exactly what scum Knightwing hides behind. Town knightwing gives off a distinct air of actually trying. KWN might even be a less good comparison since his webadictness was an open secret - but he still used clueless banter as chaff.

Look, I'm trying to be modestly diffident about this but you are really making me feel like the scum team is just knightwing/Jack/webadict. If you're town and don't want to lose the game, you need to do better than to just say something that is obviously the opposite of reality.

So, while I dive into the past games that Knightwing has played, let me ask you a question:

What would you have me do in this situation?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2022, 11:39:16 pm »

Picking a vote and sticking to it might be a great idea, since all this hopping around makes it look like you're scum trying to obscure the identity of the king by pretending you're willing to vote anyone.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2022, 11:41:20 pm »

Okay, there's a problem with that, and that's that we have two eliminations, and I'm willing to bet everything on Knightwing64 not being scum.

Are you willing to bet everything on Jim Groovester not being scum?

If the answer is yes, then if the flip occurs, everyone voting for the scum player is voted out. Heck, you can even start with me.

Picking a vote and sticking to it might be a great idea, since all this hopping around makes it look like you're scum trying to obscure the identity of the king by pretending you're willing to vote anyone.
^ This is not a Town mentality.

EuchreJack is trying to solve the game. If that involves changing suspicions, then he's progressing cases.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2022, 11:42:54 pm »

Locked in.

It's Jim Groovester, ToonyMan, and Maximum Spin. I'm unwilling to see any other combination.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2022, 11:52:33 pm »

^ This is not a Town mentality.

EuchreJack is trying to solve the game. If that involves changing suspicions, then he's progressing cases.
I fundamentally disagree with this take which is why EuchreJack is indirectly making you look suspicious as well. Jumping from vote to vote as if to get his friends free cable does not progress any case, because it's obvious that it lacks conviction behind it, so nobody even needs to take it seriously; and on top of that it means that OTHER PEOPLE can't make use of him to, as ToonyMan said, figure out for whom two players won't vote, because his vote becomes meaningless as soon as he moves it.
I hope it goes without saying, btw, that he cannot actually believe it is possible that there is a (scum) power that could make any vote his last, unless he also believes that the current majority vote is pro-town, because otherwise it would have been used already.

Locked in.

It's Jim Groovester, ToonyMan, and Maximum Spin. I'm unwilling to see any other combination.
Then you're dumb. No other way to put it. I know I'm town, so you have forfeited any ability to convince me that you are. If you are 100% convinced that I am scum, then you are an idiot. Of course in reality I think it's just as likely that you're lying, but even then it's still pretty dumb because you might have tricked me instead.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2022, 11:53:50 pm »

After diving down the rabbit hole Max left for me, I tend to agree with Web.
Knightwing in Kill Webadict Now acted NOTHING like Knightwing in this game.  Perhaps you were thinking of another game?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2022, 11:55:08 pm »

Knightwing in Kill Webadict Now acted NOTHING like Knightwing in this game.  Perhaps you were thinking of another game?
I guess I just don't see how you don't see it. It's exactly the same class of behavior. I mean, I couldn't have asked for a better list of examples.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2022, 11:58:44 pm »

Then you're dumb. No other way to put it. I know I'm town, so you have forfeited any ability to convince me that you are. If you are 100% convinced that I am scum, then you are an idiot. Of course in reality I think it's just as likely that you're lying, but even then it's still pretty dumb because you might have tricked me instead.
Then take the bet.

Obviously, if I'm scum, that's a win for you, isn't it? Or do you not believe Knightwing is scum? If you think Knightwing isn't scum, then you're Town and you'll vote Jim Groovester. If you think Knightwing is scum, then you can keep your vote there, and we'll vote out Jim Groovester and Knightwing.

I've bet more on less information.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2022, 12:02:19 am »

You know what, I'll double down.

If Jim Groovester AND ToonyMan AND Maximum Spin aren't ALL scum, I'll be the first one voted out. Sound fair to you guys?

We'll even go in that order. Jim Groovester -> ToonyMan -> Maximum Spin.

Does that sound fair to you guys?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2022, 12:04:46 am »

I guess I just don't see how you don't see it. It's exactly the same class of behavior. I mean, I couldn't have asked for a better list of examples.
I mean...

The three Figments hold up their single hands and make flagging motions. It appears there was an error in the start. Our bad, they cry!

Jim Groovester, your Class President, is Anti-Webadict.

Whaaaaattttttttt
D R A M A
Dang. Why are we voting jack?
These three posts are the same post.
Then take the bet.

Obviously, if I'm scum, that's a win for you, isn't it? Or do you not believe Knightwing is scum? If you think Knightwing isn't scum, then you're Town and you'll vote Jim Groovester. If you think Knightwing is scum, then you can keep your vote there, and we'll vote out Jim Groovester and Knightwing.

I've bet more on less information.
I'm just not a betting man.
I'm not even sure what you mean by "the bet" anyway. Are you asking me to change my vote, or to not change my vote? Because I'm not changing my vote, and I don't care if Jim Groovester gets voted out either. I am completely comfortable with the current arrangement of votes.
You know what, I'll double down.

If Jim Groovester AND ToonyMan AND Maximum Spin aren't ALL scum, I'll be the first one voted out. Sound fair to you guys?

We'll even go in that order. Jim Groovester -> ToonyMan -> Maximum Spin.

Does that sound fair to you guys?
No, because this would mean I already know I need to vote you out now, and I don't really want to change my vote. I guess if Jim and ToonyMan all agree to do it, sure, we'll collectively vote you out now. I know I just said I wasn't changing my vote, but you know I hate to disappoint when you ask nicely.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2022, 12:07:21 am »

The bet is that, if Jim Groovester flips scum, you get to die! It's that simple.

I frankly don't believe you can be Town if you don't think EuchreJack is Town. You, Toony, and Jim should all know better.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2022, 12:16:17 am »

I frankly don't believe you can be Town if you don't think EuchreJack is Town. You, Toony, and Jim should all know better.
If I didn't think he was town, would I keep trying to explain the Knightwing thing to him?
I'm not convinced he's town, but I don't do certainty. I'm not certain that he isn't town either. What I am saying, though, is that if he is town he is doing a bad job of showing it.

Look man, I could not possibly more obviously not be a guard, here, since I'm completely excluding myself from the second lynch by refusing to change my vote. In other words, I am saying that, if I get to lynch knightwing, you guys can lynch anyone else. Therefore, I am either town or the King, since I don't care about anyone else's skin but my own. Do you believe I am the king? I admit you can't rule it out, but you haven't even proposed it. If you believe I am, you should want to bump me up to second lynch, not faff about with Jim. If you do that, I'll say you guys deserve the loss, but at least I won't say you're being dumb. But if you don't believe I'm the King, go ahead and lynch whomever you like, but you know I'm not a guard either.

The bet is that, if Jim Groovester flips scum, you get to die! It's that simple.
Why would I want that? I think it's entirely possible that he is. Did I stumble into a parallel universe where alt-me defended Jim ever? Lynch Jim all you like.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2022, 12:18:36 am »

This is a no lose situation for me. And potentially you.

The only way I can know that Jim Groovester is scum is if they're my King, which is an automatic win for Town. So, I have to scumread Jim, regardless of my alignment, OR I lose immediately.
If my King is Knightwing, then I lose if you stay on Knightwing. If you're Town, that's a win for you to take the bet.
If I'm the King, then I lose unless you think the scumteam is exactly Jim Groovester, ToonyMan, and me, OR Roden, EuchreJack, or me.
If I'm Town, then you have to acknowledge that I'm scumreading Jim Groovester. If you're Town, you'd take the bet or reconsider that I'm Town, which is a win for me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2022, 12:20:41 am »

Also, Max, you're not the King.

Jim is the most likely to be King, and ToonyMan is the second most likely.

But, it's prooooobably Jim.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15